It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Screaming woman publicly flogged by laughing policemen in shocking video from Sudan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Now, after watching this...can anyone explain to me why we should accept Islam in England and Europe with open arms !!
These people are sub-humans who live in a third (if not fourth) world country and live by barbaric laws.
Countries like these should be destroyed as they set the human race back a thousand years.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The entire system overthere is male dominated. The women haven't got a chance. Their only hope is for others outside the Islamic world to educate the men ... to expose Islam for what it is.

You are making a huge generalization and thus ruined what started out to be a good post.

The male domination thing is likely more cultural than religious. I say this because not every Muslim man treats women in that way. In fact the vast majority do not. So its not the religion, it is the men doing the abuse and the culture that lets them get away with it.

It is their interpretation of Islam that is wrong. There are tons of examples of a more appropriate interpretation and I see it everyday over here. There are abusive people everywhere who use religion as their excuse -- Christians have not been innocent in that regard.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Rightio

The article also mentions she was charged with running a brothel, if that matters.
So were they exploiting a woman, or exploiting a woman who was exploiting other women?

And like you said this is more than religious, it is cultural.
It's even practiced in a more minimal form within the Christian religion.

Hard to tell, but also hard to look at.

I'd take 40 lashes over 2 years though.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno

The entire system overthere is male dominated. The women haven't got a chance. Their only hope is for others outside the Islamic world to educate the men ... to expose Islam for what it is.

You are making a huge generalization and thus ruined what started out to be a good post.

The male domination thing is likely more cultural than religious. I say this because not every Muslim man treats women in that way. In fact the vast majority do not. So its not the religion, it is the men doing the abuse and the culture that lets them get away with it.

It is their interpretation of Islam that is wrong. There are tons of examples of a more appropriate interpretation and I see it everyday over here. There are abusive people everywhere who use religion as their excuse -- Christians have not been innocent in that regard.

Forget the Islamic thing,if a few of the thieving/junkies/granny bashers/burglars etc were to be publicly flogged they might think twice and ours jails wouldnt be bursting at the seams.
Is that the pc brigade i hear charging forward to defend the poor misunderstood scum bags

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Yeah right!

Its their culture innit?

What about THIS poor young lady?

Different interpretation yeah?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
We let these Sudanese islamic, women hating, slave trading scum into our country.

Beggars belief eh?

Gang rape outside school dance lasted over two hours
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please look at the above thread, it's not as if we have the utmost of respect for our women here either

Also keep in mind that Sudan is going through a possible seperation between North and South and parts of Sudan are very extreme.

But these are the cops, it's not Sudanese cops that are coming to the UK is it?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

"Additionally, this woman may have been partially educated, at least enough to show basic writing skills, which constitutes a violation of many of our oldest irrevocable traditions. Portraying this person as the victim in this case would be offensive to any self-respecting Saudi."

So she was showing ankle AND could write too...clearly she deserved what she got.

When is everyone going to wake up and see islam for what it is.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
The way I see it, if they are sick of it, they will get together and simply overrun the local authorities and demand freedom from the law. I will assume until then that they enjoy their religion and society or truly lack the ability to fight back effectively.
edit on 14-12-2010 by SmokeandShadow because: grammar

Its really not that simple. Under communist dictatorship, overwhelming majority of population hated communists and supported west-like democracy and capitalism. But there is almost nothing you can do against someone with enough power. Thats why it took 40 years for revolution to happen. And this was well educated population aware of their situation, not some third world hellhole where people dont even know that things can work in better way.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
(sorry if this point has been made. I didn't read all the replies) Muslim women wear pants. See the Green Movement videos taken during the election protests. This guy was just a sadist. Actually, Africa as a whole is a very brutal, barbaric culture, Look at the continent's history & look at this

(The article is Postcards From Hell at Foreign Policy. com)

www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2010/06/21/postcards_from_hell

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I don't understand why you are being so idiotic? You don't seem like an idiot

Are you advocating the elimination of Islam beause of the way some people interpret it??

Apply that logic to Christianity and it would also have to be eliminated because horrible things have been done by more than a few in the name of it. That logic makes no sense.

Even if all you are doing is saying to stop any Muslim from entering your country it is still illogical. What makes you think your shat doesn't stink? It is not the religion or the nationality, it is the behaviour that is wrong no matter who does it.

Your fear of Islam is childish and reactionary. You've got a brain my friend. Use it.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

We let these Sudanese islamic, women hating, slave trading scum into our country.

Beggars belief eh?

Gang rape outside school dance lasted over two hours
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please look at the above thread, it's not as if we have the utmost of respect for our women here either

Also keep in mind that Sudan is going through a possible seperation between North and South and parts of Sudan are very extreme.

But these are the cops, it's not Sudanese cops that are coming to the UK is it?

Afraid it is those type of people who are comming here. Australia too.

They actually behead, rape, enslave and kill people yet we let them in.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

In the UK there would be at least a couple of million women getting whacked on the head with a stick by a couple of laughing, bearded scumbags, who are clearly devoid of any way to keep their women unless its kicking the crap out of them..

It won't be long before it doest start happening in the U.K.

But this needs to stop. Modern countries have stopped far less dangerous religions from gathering. Maybe about time we consider Islam the threat it is?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
That didn't really bother me that much, I'd rather take that then a jail sentence for smoking plant leaves in this country. If those people don't like it they can rise up and riot until the rules change. And wow another thread to spread hatred against Muslims.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Joehio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joehio
That didn't really bother me that much, I'd rather take that then a jail sentence for smoking plant leaves in this country. If those people don't like it they can rise up and riot until the rules change. And wow another thread to spread hatred against Muslims.

Sooo

You think its totally cool to whip women for wearing a pair of trousers huh? What about whipping young girls for "getting themselves RAPED" ?

You cool with that? A women gets raped in Saudi and SHE gets beaten for it!? How messed up is that? And its these folk we let in our country. Those cuddley, peace loving folks?

And is pointing these things out an hate crime to you?

Get a grip
edit on 14-12-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joehio

Sooo

You think its totally cool to whip women for wearing a pair of trousers huh? What about whipping young girls for "getting themselves RAPED" ?

You cool with that? A women gets raped in Saudi and SHE gets beaten for it!? How messed up is that? And its these folk we let in our country. Those cuddley, peace loving folks?

And is pointing these things out an hate crime to you?

Get a grip

It's about as cool as locking someone in a box for several months without sunlight or human contact or throwing people in prison and destroying their lives for growing plants. My point is thats their business. Do I like it? No, but I'm not willing to intercede into their business. If they didn't like it as a people, they'd do something about it. It's not my place to tell them how to live.

And given your history on ATS it's not a hate crime, it's an agenda.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

You are making a huge generalization and thus ruined what started out to be a good post. The male domination thing is likely more cultural than religious.

Even if what you say is true ... so what? I said OVER THERE that is the way it is .. and it's true.
It's a male dominated society and women are treated worse than animals. It's because of Islam.
They get their 'cultural' part of it based upon their interpretation of Islam.
If they'd be educated as to what Islam is, then these problems wouldn't be there.
But the men enjoy their dominion over the women too much to allow that, I'm sure.

I say this because not every Muslim man treats women in that way. In fact the vast majority do not.

- I didn't say every Muslim man.
- I didn't say everywhere.
- But now that you bring it up ...

It is their interpretation of Islam that is wrong.

And they'd say that everyone else's interpretation is wrong.
There is no 'right or wrong' interpretation of Islam. It's all absurd.

Christians have not been innocent in that regard.

Never said they were. If you want to start a thread about why organized Christian religions are many times bad for women I'll be right there to contribute.
We can start with Onanism and work our way to polygamy, etc.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Not addressed to me but I'll answer it for myself ...

Are you advocating the elimination of Islam beause of the way some people interpret it??

I advocate the elimination of Islam - through educating everyone on the truth of it - because it's an ABSURD and ignorant cult. The Qu'ran is easily proven false - it holds massive numbers of errors and contradictions. The different interpretations in Islam aren't good for women and aren't good for the men who treat the women like crap. I advocate the elimination of Islam - through truth and education - so that the people stuck in this backwards cesspool can escape and grow both on a secular and spiritual level. Elimination through education and truth .. not force.

Your fear of Islam is childish and reactionary.

Not wanting massive numbers of people to be stuck in a cult that holds people down isn't childish. It's being intelligent. Not wanting massive numbers of women to be stuck in a cult that treats women like dirt isn't childish. It's being compassionate. Not wanting massive numbers of people believing the hogwash that a mass murdering thief and liar started hundreds years ago isn't childish. It's smart.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
These Muslim scums need to be wiped off the map.

Lets see some Muslim sympathizer try and defend this.

Shame on them

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I just viewed this on the skynews website and was thinking about making a thread when i saw yours...

This is in quite all honesty very disturbing to see this kind of thing on video and its definately live and real... it was like those guys were trying to tame a Lion or Tiger... all that just for wearing trousers.... jeeeez, i've never seen anything so wrong (well, actually those puppies being thrown in the river was wrong but thats something else).

Who's up for a holiday in Sudan?

Yey.... that would be a great choice of destination.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

This is the religion of peace and equality. What did she do ask someone for help.

This makes me mad to see a woman treated this way.

I think I want to vomit.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join