It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a few questions revolving around a dream.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I have gone around on ATS looking for an answer on various threads, but haven't found what I'm looking for yet. I have found vague hints, but no real answers. My questions revolve around a dream I had a few years ago, but I'm not quite sure it was a dream at all. I'll explain the dream first then I'll ask the questions.

It began when I had woken up prematurely causing sleep paralysis. It had been my first encounter with it, so I was very terrified because as a child my aura for my seizures was paralysis. I tried mentally ramming myself upwards hoping my body would follow. Not even a twitch. I could hear my even breathing. I then started working on a method I used to use to force myself to move during my seizures to get help. I focused on my eyes first since they were closed. After a bit of mental struggling to open my eyes they opened, but I could feel that my real eyes were closed. I just accepted the oddity, and didn't really think over it too closely. And then I moved onto my arms. I focus on moving my arm over and over again, and then my arm shot out of my arm like a rocket. It ended up pulling me forward enough to pull me loose from my body. After that I had to climb out. It was very exciting for me since it was an escape from my prison. I didn't really focus on the fact the prison was my own body. After my mini-celebration I was distracted by the sudden realization I felt weightless. I thought I had felt this feeling before in my previous dreams of mine, but this was real weightlessness; It was an amazing. That was when it hit me that it was probably because I wasn't weighted down by my flesh and bones. I would have wanted to take a look at my body, but I never got the chance as I was in this place that seemed to be an endless darkness. It was peaceful, none-threatening, type of darkness, so I just walked along it. I didn't really worry about what was happening. I just went with it because I wanted to see where this all went. Eventually I saw this light in the distance and it became brighter and brighter as I came closer, and before I knew it I was in front of it. It is and always will be the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my entire life. I can't really explain it in words. It was just a bright, pure light that seemed to have texture, but no texture at the same time. It seemed to send out this warm, comforting, and inviting feeling too. I was about to touch it to see what it was, but then I heard someone yell at me, not touch it, which surprised me since I hadn't seen anyone around, and I snapped back awake.

After reading a bit on ATS I have figured I must have astral projected out of my body on accident, and had an out of body experience. I recently became interested astral projection, and wanted to try it. I then realized the similarities to my dream after reading how to have one (at least one of the methods used), and experiences people had posted on ATS. I'm not really sure though.

My big question is what plane did I end up in? I was somehow drawn away without my knowledge, and it was just an endless darkness with this big light. Has anyone else ended up in this place before? I know that when we die we see the light, but I don't think the conditions are the same in my case. What was this light? Was it a person? Does this even sound like like astral projection, or an out of body experience to anyone?
edit on 14/12/10 by Parize because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Congratulation hatchling, you just experienced metamophosis :p

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Though I am not an expert on dreams in any way shape or form, I can say that IMO the vast majority of dreams are a reflection of your thoughts, psyche and subconcious on that particular day/ as a sum of who you are at that moment in time. This having been said when we are younger we do seem to be more 'receptive' to outside 'spiritual' influences. Me my sister and brother all had slightly prophetic dreams at one time or another as children, but we grew out of it, pretty much, or least suffered a gret 'dulling' of these senses as we grew up...

In this website the idea of light in a dream is explored:

www.unclesirbobby.org.uk...

To be honest I dont think these explanation will help you very much though.

For myself I think you may have experienced something spiritual, and yes I do think it is similar if not the same as Astral Projection, all the more so If you feel you were awake during the dream. 'Lucid dreaming' is in many ways similar to Astral Projection in the way it feels however I would argue that in a lucid dream you are travelling in your mind rather than through different planes of reality... The ultimate aim of A.P.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Lagrimas because: spelling

edit on 14-12-2010 by Lagrimas because: bad grammar

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I call that place the illuminated room. I doubt that is anything close to a technical name for it
just what I named it. It doesnt have walls or anything. The brilliant light seems to come from everywhere. But at the same time it felt like a room. That is when people who had passed would talk to me. I dont need the room anymore. I saw it in the begining of my journey.

I dont know if that helps you at all, but figured I would tell you my story.

top topics

join