It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange speaks out from 'London jail'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoeyes
Because the court in Britain has yet to decide whether they will extradite him to Sweden or not. The decision is coming later today.

Thanks... good answer... I will be watching that decision

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bauwser
I've read some posts not only here but on other sites that there are more websites like Wikileaks popping up all around the web, (Can only name Openleaks.org and balkanleaks.eu now but there are more).

So what has ATS been all these years? Chopped liver? There has been so much real info released here since I first started that I can't keep up with it, but you know what? most of it falls on deaf ears. A lot of the stuff on wikileaks has already been covered here in great detail... so why now is it more important? Why all the copy cats?

I wonder how many people supporting wikileaks can actually quote one document and what it is that upsets them about it or what it implies without going to look it up? I bet only a handful.

I know this from the number of people in any average thread that actually follow links to documents

Prove me wrong

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Benjamin Franklin said "He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither" This is as relevant today as it was 300 or so years ago.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by donttaserme
I also stand by his side .
I feel that he is in the right.
are they going to charge the news for releasing some of the leaks?

He is not being charged for releasing leaks of secret material
He is being charged with a sex crime that is bogus
They cannot charge him with publishing leaks

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I'm pretty sure he meant if he was arrested for espionage for releasing the cables. This whole rape thing is just a farce and no need to go all out cyberwar yet.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
He is not being charged for releasing leaks of secret material
He is being charged with a sex crime that is bogus
They cannot charge him with publishing leaks

He is being held on 300K bail for a condom that leaks, multiple leaks! Sorry... you set em up...I'll knock em down

Seriously though (if he is for real) I feel bad for him. If I were in his shoes today I would be most concerned about poison or disease being transmitted covertly while in custody, must be frightening.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join