It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange speaks out from 'London jail'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Assange speaks out from 'London jail'

news.oneindia.in

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange from London jail has told his supporters to continue the fight. Assange made a statement that, his convictions has not been shaken by his incarceration.

“I am calling on the world to protect my work and my people from these illegal and immoral acts,” he added.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.smh.com.au

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Assange's first public statement since being arrested for sex charges.

His mother had a 10 minute interview with him, and also wrote down his comments.

"We now know that Visa, MasterCard, PayPal and others are instruments of US foreign policy. It's not something we knew before."

He's been moved to segregation for his own safety. Time will only tell what will happen. A protest is soon on its way as well.

news.oneindia.in
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers which are cited to justify it. Even today, there is little value in opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating its arbitrary restrictions. Even today, there is little value in insuring the survival of our nation if our traditions do not survive with it. And there is very grave danger that an announced need for increased security will be seized upon by those anxious to expand its meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment. That I do not intend to permit to the extent that it is in my control. And no official of my Administration, whether his rank is high or low, civilian or military, should interpret my words here tonight as an excuse to censor the news, to stifle dissent, to cover up our mistakes or to withhold from the press and the public the facts they deserve to know.
- John F. Kennedy on Secrecy

FREE JULIAN ASSANGE!! NO MORE POLITICAL PRISONERS!!

Before they punish Julian Assange why do they not punish themselves for not holding government document more securely? If the government did its job as it should Assange would never have gotten his hands on any top secret information.

Our government should not have so many secrets that would embarass the bureaucrats, that is their own fault and I applaud Assange for exercising his supposed rights to freedom in the West.

I am not an Anarchist, I do not believe personal information or above top secret information should ever be leaked by anyone for any reason. But Assange should not be the one punished regardless of how secret it is, the ones who leak the information should be punished not Assange. He is a political prisoner and I stand by his side!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I also stand by his side .
I feel that he is in the right.
are they going to charge the news for releasing some of the leaks?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Sorry, just posted this same article, didn't see yours.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Well while everyone is busy kissing his rear end............

Where are the documents he said he would release in the event of his arrest or demise?
Waiting on that.........

Oh what.........his bluff was called? ....................Darn........

Look he was a man that started out with an honorable mission........and got blinded by his own ego and self importance.........its nothing more now then a puppet show.......

His own people are turning against him...........

Everyone is waiting for all this "info " he said he would produce in the event of his arrest..............and still nothing............

Wake up...........your hero is nothing more than a man blinded by his own self importance
edit on 14-12-2010 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
The warrant is for a 'crime' in Sweden... why is he still held in a London jail?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
The warrant is for a 'crime' in Sweden... why is he still held in a London jail?

Because the court in Britain has yet to decide whether they will extradite him to Sweden or not. The decision is coming later today.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Where are the documents he said he would release in the event of his arrest or demise?
Waiting on that.........

Look he was a man that started out with an honorable mission........and got blinded by his own ego and self importance.........its nothing more now then a puppet show.......

His own people are turning against him...........

Everyone is waiting for all this "info " he said he would produce in the event of his arrest..............and still nothing............

Wake up...........your hero is nothing more than a man blinded by his own self importance
edit on 14-12-2010 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

YOU should be ashamed of yourself with your self centred comments and attitude!

Waiting for more leaks? Why? WIth the current crop, you still find it not enough? There is SO MUCH we mankind need to do on just 1% of what had been revealed so far on the deprediations committed behind our backs by those whom we masses empowered.

Nations and ELECTED legislatives need to do some soul searching and correct their mistakes so that we as an entire race can progress over mistakes made. We CANNOT AFFORD to continue making mistakes and further compounding it or More precious lives will only be lost.

There is alot to be done. It's not about Julian, for he is only the messenger. It's the message that WE humans must act on, and at the same time, see that no harm comes to the courageous messenger and whistleblowers.

BUT chances are, you will only want more info, to gossip and continue to sit on your butt, and then whine 'that's all?' when you no longer own anything, which had already been taken away from you since your birth. Your feedom today alone had been a lie.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Moved to segregation for his own safety? More like so he cant tell the other prisoners anything.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
They are still trying to kill the messenger..
But what ever happens i have a gut feeling it is to late to stop what is already begun.
And i don't mean that it's to late to stop the NWO or anything, i mean its to late to stop the movement against it, Seeing Anonymous covering our digital asses, Protests are getting on their way (look at this vid from London last week : www.youtube.com... ((don't want to embed it just see the link)).
And i know this is mostly about school tuition, but a good protest is a good protest..
I've read some posts not only here but on other sites that there are more websites like Wikileaks popping up all around the web, (Can only name Openleaks.org and balkanleaks.eu now but there are more).

I think the revolution that most of us wanted, has already begun.

Viva La Revolucion!!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Waiting on that.........

And for you sir, you'll do good walking in line with all the others..

Don't you understand the importance of this insurance file,, this is sort of a stay Alive ticket..
But oké since you don't get it i will say it clear, This file is only ment to be released when Assange, or someone on his team gets Killed, Kidnapt, Tortured Busted in jail with no means of contacting the outside world..
This has'nt happend so far, he is in jail yes that is correct. But he still has ways to contact the outside world and the peoples on his team are still quite safe en still releasing files, So there is no need to release the insurance password, that will only ruin what he is so willing to fight for, and will sure be his own death if he releases it to soon..

Hope i've cleared that up for you, and also for everyone still complaining about him being in jail and not releasing the password. If you still don't get it and go on whining about the password you sure are ignorant..

Regards
Bauwser
edit on 14/12/2010 by Bauwser because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Obviously you dont understand strategy very well. Of course he cant release all he has just yet,its his only trump card once its out he'll be dead in custody.

Now if he gets some crazy out of hand sentence or extradited to US well look out because I believe they will release then as they know its over for Julian once in US custody. Nobody does more time than political prisoners support or not the US will trump up some obscure law to hold him forever as an example to others.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Michael Moore has offered $20,000 in surety as part of Assange's growing bail fund

Why I'm Posting Bail Money for Julian Assange ?
www.dailykos.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

You make a lot of unsubstantiated claims...

No wonder you don't like him

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

England is mad because he leaked the US State Department Cable where the US was telling England to make the waters off of Diego Garcia a British "National Marine Park"....

To quell the legal problem where England booted all those people from Diego Garcia when England stole their island (with America's help).

You better believe the food he's being fed has got some toxin in it...they want him dead for what he did to England's Diego Garcia.....leaked the secret plot....

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I love how because i bring up valid points all the sudden im an enemy.

I never said i didnt like him, and i never said i didnt support what he did.....

This just goes to further prove the mindset of his rabid following, who dont question ANYTHING that he does.

You talk about being sheeple and mindless people just going along with everyhing....why is this man the acception?

Is he exempt from being questioned? Is he exempt from examination and scrutiny?

Im in shock, at the "deny ignorance" crowd

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
well it seems that the CIA and Johnson corrected the error, now we the people need to correct the CIA and the Gooberment connivers as payback for Camelot

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Waiting for more leaks? Why? WIth the current crop, you still find it not enough?

No actually... most of those leaks amounted to a quick short thread on ATS and then 'poof'

There is alot to be done. It's not about Julian, for he is only the messenger. It's the message that WE humans must act on, and at the same time, see that no harm comes to the courageous messenger and whistleblowers.

True... but we already knew that. So who is going to DO something? You? What is your plan... what item will YOU start with? It's all well and good to sit there and say "we need to do something, mankind needs to change" but who will take action? Who will write the petitions we need to sign? Who will lead the protest rallies in front of the Whitehouse?

I predict that all that will happen is endless blogs and threads talking about what needs to be done. One leak was about the bees... Slayer has a thread about that issue before the leak. Even with all his info, and the leak that supports his info, people still say 'prove it'

No it's not enough... Kennedy's assassination was not enough; 9/11 was not enough; No WMD's was not enough... all we see is talk talk talk... and we can't even decide what really happened.

As to courageous whistleblowers... so many of them on the web these days are proving themselves charlatans that it is damn hard to separate truth from fiction...

So what to do... where do YOU want to start?

As to courag

BUT chances are, you will only want more info, to gossip and continue to sit on your butt, and then whine 'that's all?' when you no longer own anything, which had already been taken away from you since your birth. Your feedom today alone had been a lie.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

This just goes to further prove the mindset of his rabid following, who dont question ANYTHING that he does.
You talk about being sheeple and mindless people just going along with everyhing....why is this man the acception?

That has been my take on this whole mess all along. I asked "Who has verified that these leaks are legit and not made up by some CIA disinfo agent with an agenda then leaked as 'the real deal'. The answer I got is his staff checked it... then we see news that his staff is rebelling... WTF?

Your right.. seems some whistle blowers are treated as morons and frauds while others are deities from the get go and no one questions...

Makes me think it's time to hang up my hat and go back to my Medieval Worlde

:shk:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join