It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC interview wheelchair user and police victim Jody McIntyre. BBC scum defend the police

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by hardee2k11
So if the guy's in a wheelchair it's always someone else's fault?

No one saw what he was doing before this video was made, and those videos are grainy and horrible, there was no detail. But OF COURSE that must mean the guy in the wheelchair was right! No one should be allowed to disagree with him or warn him for making inflammatory remarks at the police who are ONLY DOING THEIR JOB.

These are students we're talking about here. I was a student myself not long ago and let me tell you, these protests are just a great way for people to get together in some kind of drunken haze, in order to cause trouble and pretending to sound like you have a point. Too much of students lives are wasted ingesting alcohol and drugs, I've been there myself and I had to work every now and again to afford to go out, but that I did and I NEVER felt I was struggling and I didn't come from a rich family.

SO.... all this protest lark is not justified and I applaud the police for fighting the outbreak of violence caused these last few weeks.

That's a cool story, bro. But this thread is about an innocent man in a wheelchair being assaulted by the police. Just a heads up

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
hi just throwing my views in here, im unsure whether this thread is being aimed at the bbc or the police or both. Firstly watching the video i was shocked, no matter what they are doing a person in a wheelchair is in it for a reason and should be dealt with alot of respect as you may never know what kind of condition they are in.

Im ashamed at the bbc too even though alot of news channels and reports are carefully made up andw e are told not to believe in what they say. as for the police, it gives off a very bad image for the police that are normal and treat their job with pride. I think its bad as sometimes police get slated on this site as its a very rare majority they are a disgrace to their uniform. I work with police officers and have been stopped a few times but they have been fair and reasonable friendly and they do the job because they enjoy it. I also understand that alot of people have views of the police being a type of authourity (spelling?) to stop us from doin what we please. But lets not forget about the police they have saved lives, whether its jumping into a river to save someone or pulling someone from a burning car criminal or no criminal.

However the way the guy in the wheelchair was treated was a disgrace and police officers involved should be dealt with. I hope to not cause any arguments with this reply its just my opinion

It's all well and good to say there's good people, everybody knows that. There's good people in every line of work.

The fundamental problem remains that the police are serving Politicians! They take orders. It's a corrupt organisation from the top down. Think of it like a basic power-pyramid. The bottom majority may be otherwise good people, but they serve and do what the bad people at the top tell them.

You cite a perfect example. You say police jump into rivers to save lifes. They don't! They're legally not allowed to anymore, and most won't. Only a brave few with morals will say "f*ck my job", and jump in a river. That's true. A friend of my cousin is in the force and told me that. And you can find it on Google. Police officers aren't allowed to save drowing people, and will infact prevent other people from trying to save them.

It's all about rules and laws. People keep trying to push this individual perspective, but police officers aren't taught to act as individuals.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
That's another thing I forgot to mention. Go speak to a few Police officers. I guarantee you'll find some who'll complain about everything I'm complaining about.

They know all honour and priorities of the police are being lost. They're obedient but they really don't like sitting at motorways robbing money from people. And they'll tell you that. But they're too melded into the collective psych to actively do nothing. They follow orders. I can't stress that enough

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by hardee2k11
So if the guy's in a wheelchair it's always someone else's fault?

No one saw what he was doing before this video was made...

Fair point, maybe he had a rocket-launcher....

Sorry, but whatever he was doing prior, there was no need to use any more than reasonable force to stop him.

So, how many policemen does it take to restrain a cripple? One to hold his arms and the rest to practice their riot training on a live person....

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The british government should pray that these protesters decide they now can't afford go to university, or they\ll have a generation of highly educated, Tory, Liberal & establishment hating graduates in a few years time. And they're not half as easy to deal with as student protesters - they get into the system and cause real damage to TPTB.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Hey thank you for your reply and i can see where your coming from quite clearly and couldnt agree with you more. Sorry to sound if im sniffing round your back side
but your not wrong. Yes they do complain many times and i see it as a real shame that they are doing the politicians work, i for one coming from the UK am getting really fed up at how things are ran. i think i was just trying to say its unfair that police get slated in general despite there being some officers who have pride with their job

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hardee2k11

So, you are justifying the actions of that police officer? That specific incident?

Ok, we don't know if the guy was throwing anything but its still no excuse to drag him out of his wheelchair!!

As i say, he could have had a word with him and then pushed him to the side of the road in the wheelchair....

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
What country are you from? I bet nationalism is rife isn't it. I can tell
Go the Troops! Go The Police. haha

I'm from the same country as you are.

I just don't have the chip on my shoulder that you seem to have, and I sure as hell don't see the world in the black and white polarised way that you do. Maybe I've just been lucky in my experiences. Maybe not.

Hating for hates sake is not my way.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Hey thank you for your reply and i can see where your coming from quite clearly and couldnt agree with you more. Sorry to sound if im sniffing round your back side
but your not wrong. Yes they do complain many times and i see it as a real shame that they are doing the politicians work, i for one coming from the UK am getting really fed up at how things are ran. i think i was just trying to say its unfair that police get slated in general despite there being some officers who have pride with their job

With situations like this, people, myself included, are going to get emotive and make rash comments. This sort of things get people angry. More so when the police refuse to condemn it, as individuals or a collective.

The problem is not these incidents, but that the Politicians, Media and Police themselfs offer no accountability. There's no apologies, nothing of the sort.

It's hard to see the Police in a good light when not one officer has come forward publically and slammed the policing of the events. Infact if you saw the protests live, and heard the comments coming from Scotland Yard, you wouldn't have been wrong for thinking the SS had infiltrated the British police. Nothing but propoganda. That's why people hate the Police. The culture of not just following orders, but protecting their own when the public have been wronged.

This is why I think we need a more Democratic system in which Police is localised, Government is localised, and both anwser to the people they serve. Not to themselfs or the ruling elite.

For anyone who disagrees with criticism of the police I'd ask this. Do you think if you were in control you could make the Police better and more efficient? The anwser for anyone left of Mussolini is yes

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Yeah I know, OP. They behave the same way here with CBC in Canada... Seems like the tone fo the State media is getting more repressive and despotic these days, but it's just following the psychopathic behavior of government officials.

Their coverage of the Wikileaks/Assange controversy is just as totalitarian-like, treating Assange like some terrorist that needs to be silenced.

Anyways, what better can you expect from State-ruled media? And be mindful that during the Spanish civil war against Franco, the Spanish mainstream media was calling the rebels and Republicans "criminals". The MM is not to be trusted, and even less supported, at all costs.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

What country are you from? I bet nationalism is rife isn't it. I can tell
Go the Troops! Go The Police. haha

I'm from the same country as you are.

I just don't have the chip on my shoulder that you seem to have, and I sure as hell don't see the world in the black and white polarised way that you do. Maybe I've just been lucky in my experiences. Maybe not.

Hating for hates sake is not my way.

It's not about experiences. I've had good experiences and bad. I could cite several good experiences, several bad. But I'm talking here about the structural nature of the Police. Not whether or not there's good people in the Police. Whether the Police, as an organisation, operate for or against the public. My own cousin, believe it or not, is training to be a member of the police. Or, however it works, I'm not sure. Now I know she's a good person. But as an Officer of the law I also know she'll do many bad things, or what I would call bad, in the name of the law. In the name of the police. It's like that age old saying about religion making good people do bad things. Being in the Police makes otherwise good people do bad things. That's the nature of the beast as it is now, an arm, a weapon even, of the Politicians and elite.

You stated earlier several good things about the Police. But you could find the same level of neighbourhood policing anywhere in the world! Go to Saudi Arabia and they'll help you out if your robbed. It doesn't stop them as a collective being a group that protects and serves the interests of fascism!

Earlier I got a little too riled up and made some rash comments, OR didn't articulate my viewpoint properly. But you surely must see where I'm coming from in my last several posts?

The Police are not good. I know it first hand. You're from West Yorks, I could walk in West Yorks in 5 minutes myself! We both know the level of racism amongst police in alot of towns in the general area is appaling! Or if you don't then maybe you just have been lucky as you say. Or are naive

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
theyre starting to treat disabled/special people the same way HITLER did!!!!!!!!!!!

CX

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
reply to post by CX

no not tar them all with one brush, just condemning violence. why do certain people think violence is o.k. if the police do it, but wrong if anybody else does?

Violence from the police is indeed wrong if uneccessary, it is certainly not ok.

When all the footage and reports are in, and this lad was dealt with like this for no good reason, then shame on the officer and he deserves all that comes his way.

If he is found to have endangered the police in any way, then shame on him and he deserves to be treated like any other protester.

It is such an emotional subject, it akin to seeing an old lady mugged or attacked by the police. However if you decide to put yourself in the middle of a protest that has turned violent, and you have refused help or advice to leave it, should you be treated with kid gloves because you are in a wheelchair?

Some disabled people expect to be given certain consessions, but some get funny if they are treated differently.

Either way its always going to be a sensitive issue to discuss.

CX.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

With situations like this, people, myself included, are going to get emotive and make rash comments. This sort of things get people angry. More so when the police refuse to condemn it, as individuals or a collective.

The problem is not these incidents, but that the Politicians, Media and Police themselfs offer no accountability. There's no apologies, nothing of the sort.

It's hard to see the Police in a good light when not one officer has come forward publically and slammed the policing of the events. Infact if you saw the protests live, and heard the comments coming from Scotland Yard, you wouldn't have been wrong for thinking the SS had infiltrated the British police. Nothing but propoganda. That's why people hate the Police. The culture of not just following orders, but protecting their own when the public have been wronged.

This is why I think we need a more Democratic system in which Police is localised, Government is localised, and both anwser to the people they serve. Not to themselfs or the ruling elite.

For anyone who disagrees with criticism of the police I'd ask this. Do you think if you were in control you could make the Police better and more efficient? The answer for anyone left of Mussolini is yes

The police is in itself a major problem, although a consequence of a deeper systemic problem. as long as a Police is being given monopoly of violence and full legitimacy to enforce "Law and Order", tyranny will always be around the corner and public debate will be irrelevant. As the Montreal Police chief once said in a surprisingly transparent way, the Police is a paramilitary force, aimed at enforcing an order upon the populace. They are one of the biggest contradictions in democracy, may it be republican or liberal.

And no, the MM or the Police will not, usually, apologize for their actions or statements, no matter how intolerant or dishonest they may be. They enjoy the protection of Law and authority, so why would they feel the stress to?

Just like any other mafia, they won't apologize for what they do...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Unbelievable, what was wrong with that newsman, seriously he would not give up trying to find ANY reason to get him to look guilty. Truly pathetic.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
After watching the vid a few times, my impression was Jody was a pawn and he was OK with it. IMO it looks like they were trying to provoke the police into doing something and it worked, this vid looks more like a "lets see what happens when we do this". There was not many people around him, he was in the front, he was the center of attraction, and all eyes seem to be on him, at the start of the vid you see what looks like a photographer trying to get in a better position to get a good pic of what was about to happen. I'm not saying he did anything wrong, he looked well within his rights, it did look somewhat provocative but I saw no act of aggression that justified the cops actions. Did the police over react? Umm big time, that was disgusting and hard to watch and made me want to beat the living %*#@ out of the cops, not sure I could have stood there watching that go down and do nothing.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This is too far. Everyone should cancel their TV license Direct Debits and stop paying this disgusting corporation. Starve the beast.

CX

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
This is too far. Everyone should cancel their TV license Direct Debits and stop paying this disgusting corporation. Starve the beast.

Lol, i would have to ask, are you going to lead the way?

No-one these days is willing to give up TV in protest. Sounds good in theory, but it won't happen.

CX.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I read about this incident in the paper today. I don't know what's worse, the young man's treatment by the police or the interview. Yes...I do. In different ways that interview was far more concerning than the original incident. I 100% agree with the OP that the BBC purports to be left leaning when in actual fact it's simply a state propaganda machine. Why do we think we have the best TV service in the world? Because it keeps telling us so - that's why.

I am glad in some small way that people who ordinarily were never interested in politics and the state have begun to 'wake up'. I woke up prior to the invasion of Iraq - I was told it was going to happen, when it was going to happen (the following March due to weather window) in a small living room, with a small group of people in Scotland in June 2002.

The guy who was informing us was arranging a demo for the February because Tony Blair would be in Glasgow that day for the labour party conference. (That turned into the biggest simultaneous international demo the world has ever seen) - - it didn't hit the press until September. I watched the media complicity - building of the enemy. Remember Colin Powell's presentation to the UN. That footage was a cut and spliced nonsense. I heard a cpl of conscientious dj’s informing us that they had a censored playlist (none of that love and peace stuff was allowed)....apart from that the entire media was complicit.
Radio 1 (for whom I'm far too old - but it was their target audience being asked to participate in the invasion) even had the decency to air a documentary about the Exit Festival in Yugoslavia - telling us how Milosevic took over all media in the state - created a folk/punk fusion style of music that made people think they were rebelling when it was really state mind control. At one point in the documentary the presenter tellingly says 'some might think that's already happening here.'

Radio 1 Exit Festival We Want Your Soul'

They (the media) are 'at it' again. The interview demonstrates that quite clearly. The interviewer should be ashamed of himself. (At the end of the day they only care about their job and their salary - if it was otherwise a whole lot of them would have resigned pre Iraq.)

A lesson for political demonstrators can be learned from Abbie Hoffman who well knew that the only way to effect change was to corner the media. He used 'political theatre' stunts to great effect. He brought out a book called 'Steal this Book' but no-one would stock it - cos that's what all the customers did. Anyhow - they made a movie about him.

The whole thing can be seen here

Steal This Movie

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
He had the last laugh anyway, the stupid police probably thought he'd be stuffed without it but little did they know he doesn't always need it. SUCKERS!

I don't think the police should have acted like they did, but I'm not sure why people have this attitude that because he's in a wheelchair he can't possibly have done anything wrong?? Kind of discriminatory don't you think...
Seeing as he loves media attention though, it seems awfully convenient that whatever happened the police decided to pull him out of his wheelchair and someone happened to be there to film it. Should help with his short films and public speeches anyway..
Just to clarify again, before some dick accuses me of thinking there isn't a problem with the police or somehow it was acceptable, I'm not saying that the police were right - I'm just pointing out that the boy wonder might not be so perfect himself.
Personally this ghetto style dress-up in a rap video, which I detest, kind of does it for me.

Yeah I'm probably insulting some swell guy somehow, I don't know anything about him really and I don't care to. But those people judging the police and the situation so quickly don't know what actually happened either, so try and look at it critically rather than screaming NWO and police scum so quickly, no smoke without fire and all that crap.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join