It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC interview wheelchair user and police victim Jody McIntyre. BBC scum defend the police

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11

Originally posted by MaximumTruth
man that guy is a dick

well, i would not say that. he/she is entitled to their opinion, i just disagree with the principle that you either deserve to be beat up or should expect to be beat up for having beliefs or opinions.

which means i have to defend the person i was replying to and say he does not deserve to be labeled or attacked for his beliefs.

yes but i am entitled to my own opinion in labeling him as a dick.

by believing in things so morally wrong such as this he allows himself to be judged for it.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MaximumTruth

this could go on forever, you see i am entitled to my opinion to.........

this is my last reply, i do not want to get caught up in a useless debate.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
surely you do not have to defend someone from such a weak insult?

and perhaps your opinion is wrong?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
LOL

I loved this interview! Jody schooled the BBC and showed them to be nothing but tools of the elites just like our fake news is in the US. He made them look FOOLISH.

The BBC commentator reminded me of the neocon announcers like Sean Hannity and Oreilly who serve the new world order also. These men never saw a WAR they didn't like or police action they didn't support.

Turn off all mainstream news! It's all FAKE. You are paying to be lied to and brainwashed.

Go get 5000 friends on facebook and hand out DVDs and flyers to everybody you can. It's time to vote out all the necons, RINOs, and new world order trash!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

Joey also used his five minutes of fame on the BBC network to further his political movement, I don't take aggressive behavior lightly... no one should, but I also don't condone radical political views either. It seems everyday I see another video of a British riot by civilians, I mean could it possibly be that most have joined in because anarchy and doing stupid # is the in thing to do these days? I'm just saying half the people out there probably shouldn't be there and I don't necessarily think that this approach is gong to solve anything at all. So yes I'm opposed to this and unless you could prove to me that everyone on that street is for a cause and not just to commit crimes or punch a cop, you might actually be getting somewhere.
edit on 17-12-2010 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Seems he is not as disabled as some have made out. From his own Blog - Week 72 he writes about the previous riot he attended:

But then, the chants changed… “To the stairs! To the stairs!” Two policemen blocking a tiny door were soon brushed aside, and around fifty of us forced our way through before they had a chance to re-seal the entrance. It was an epic mission to the top. Nine floors; eighteen flights of stairs. Two friends carried my wheelchair, and I walked. We couldn’t give up now..

So he managed to climb eighteen flights of stairs? Perhaps he is using his disability as a tool to garner sympathy. Really, just because you are in a wheelchair does not make you a nice person.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Am i the only one who finds it odd that BBC doesnt censor the youtube video ("what the # are you doing") on a live new broadcast?
ANd this is just horrible

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Major cuts to British services have been announced - they have not yet been implemented. Our previous administration was living a lie - or in a dream - but certainly not facing reality. They applied sweetener after sweetener to remain in power....and now it’s time for the bitter pill. These cuts are due to the debt bubble created by a fraudulent financial services industry - an international racket but it was permitted because the previous government relaxed all the regulations to ZERO.

At least in the States the financial fraudsters are under investigation - not a one in the UK....while major corporations continue to EVADE tax (not even avoid) the penalties of the financial fraud are being paid the ordinary man, woman and child.

Families have been broken too. Two parents forced to have full time employment even when their children are babies to pay for the stupidly inflated house prices they were forced to pay for a NORMAL family home. Inflated prices that only ever served the Banks - but for some who are not financially savvy - the equity made them FEEL rich. They borrowed on it to pay for improvements to their homes, cars, holidays etc.

Our right to privacy has become somewhat of a joke. There are more CCTV cameras in the UK than in the whole of the rest of the world put together. (I'm certain it’s an experiment - so look out - they could be coming your way soon). We have cameras that look at you, cameras that shout at you (to help stop littering LOL), cameras that are programmed to detect 'criminal ' behaviour (although they still can't get them to recognise window shopping as anything other than loitering), cameras that follow their 'target' round town, cameras that follow your car via its registration plate and to top it all there's facial recognition software. Why would they want all this in place? Maybe they sat on the boards of directors of the camera manufacturers? Maybe it's something more sinister.

Jody's views are NOT extremist....he is reflecting a viewpoint.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Complaint type:
BBC News
What is your complaint about:
TV News
Programme title:
BBC News with Ben Brown
Transmission date:
13/12/2010
Complaint category:
Standards of Interviewing/Presenting
Complaint summary:
Jody McIntyre Interview
Full complaint:
This is one of the worst interviews I have ever seen. I have, as of this moment, discontinued my use of BBC across all spectrums. I will endeavour to persuade my family, friends and associates to act in a similar manner. As a member of a family which contains a person with a disability, I was highly offended by Ben Browns ridiculous questions and insinuations that Jody McIntyre was a threat to police.
Add to this, Ben's insistence on labling Jody a "revolutionary" as justification for the horrific treatment he recieved from Police.
What has happened to the BBC?
I have seen the BBC prattle on about and defend Iranian rights with far more vigour and compassion and yet this biased attack was on one of your own, not to mention a person with a disability. The BBC's treatment of Jody absolutely made me sick.
Receive a reply:
No
Contacted us before:
Yes
Complaint related to previous contact:
No

www.bbc.co.uk...

Lets let 'em know people.
This is not on BBC.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro
reply to post by NadaCambia

Complaint type:
BBC News
What is your complaint about:
TV News
Programme title:
BBC News with Ben Brown
Transmission date:
13/12/2010
Complaint category:
Standards of Interviewing/Presenting
Complaint summary:
Jody McIntyre Interview
Full complaint:
This is one of the worst interviews I have ever seen. I have, as of this moment, discontinued my use of BBC across all spectrums. I will endeavour to persuade my family, friends and associates to act in a similar manner. As a member of a family which contains a person with a disability, I was highly offended by Ben Browns ridiculous questions and insinuations that Jody McIntyre was a threat to police.
Add to this, Ben's insistence on labling Jody a "revolutionary" as justification for the horrific treatment he recieved from Police.
What has happened to the BBC?
I have seen the BBC prattle on about and defend Iranian rights with far more vigour and compassion and yet this biased attack was on one of your own, not to mention a person with a disability. The BBC's treatment of Jody absolutely made me sick.
Receive a reply:
No
Contacted us before:
Yes
Complaint related to previous contact:
No

www.bbc.co.uk...

Lets let 'em know people.
This is not on BBC.

Jody managed to climb 18 flights of stairs when he invaded the Conservative Party HQ. He also tried to throw a punch at a policeman during the recent riot he attended. He could be construed as a threat. Nevermind, dont let the facts get in the way of a good story eh?

Check out the following links for details:

Guido Fawkes report

Jody Macinytre, radical pro-Palestine supporter and sufferer from cerebral palsy has made much hay of the fact he was dragged out of his wheelchair by riot police at Thursday’s protests. Yet he has previously admitted to be coordinating breaking police lines. He claims on his blog he is a revolutionary yet spent a BBC interview declaring his innocence and denied live on Sky that he was in fact a revolutionary before going on to claim that the police had no reason to move him out of the way. However he has revelled in, and incited, violence on his website.

His argument is undone when a quick glance at his blog shows that he has been at the forefront of the protests so far at Westminster and managed to walk all the way up to the top of Millbank back in November, blogging that “It was an epic mission to the top. Nine floors; eighteen flights of stairs. Two friends carried my wheelchair, and I walked.” Macintyre can’t hide behind his disability when the police treat him like any other violent trespassing thug. It’s called equality…

Further pictorial evidence emerges of the police being as gentle as possible in moving Macintyre and in doing so the officers put themselves in personal danger from the hail of missiles. Here is a quote from Graham Mitchell the photographer “Mr McIntyre was in the front row of the crowd and in a very precarious position, especially as he is wheelchair bound. It was clear from my vantage point that the police moved him as gently as possible and in doing so the officers put themselves in personal danger from the hail of missiles. Once he had been moved away from the front line to a safe distance, the officers sat him on a low level wall. Mr McIntyre got up and started arguing with an officer. He was so wound up that he eventually tried to strike an officer and was only stopped from doing this due to the intervention of a famale passer-by.”

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
none of these arguments change what happened, the government have tripled the fees of our education, there is no peaceful protest that would of made any difference, people are angry at the changes being brought about in england and now it is getting physical, jody may be a revolutionary, protestor and so on, but who cares, he fights for what we all believe in but are to scared to do anything about.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Well sh*t...this just made my freaking day...I love that dude. In a wheelchair, difficulty speaking and he hands it to the f*ckw!t anchor, trying to paint a disabled person as the bad guy, with clear rational arguments on national tv...
How freaking low are ppl willing to go man?
I just don't get it....

edit on 23-12-2010 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
out of order and if i was there i would kick the # out of the officer the met pol sould be ashamed plane and simple

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

In the USA they shoot wheelchair crims..

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I cant believe stuff like this.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by fossildog

It's almost funny isn't it. This whole site clamours on about the media not looking at the facts and just going for a sensationalist story, and yet you give them the facts and the people in this thread do the very same thing.

He was NOT the helpless man he appears, as somebody already said, just because he is in a wheelchair does not make him a nice person.

He walked up enough flights of stairs to make me want to catch my breath at the top...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I'm surprised at the "BBC defending the state" comments mostly because if it was Labour still ruling as Government they would've defended the police and usually (and thus far in the years I've been watching BBC News) the organisation has been incredibly biased against the Conservatives and especially the Coalition Government.

Personally, I didn't agree with the student protests anyway and despite being the same age as them, I saw the fee increase as a good thing, especially with the plan in place where the fee rise only targets the rich and wealthy students while those from poor and middle class backgrounds don't have to start paying the money back until they start earning at least £25,000 a year. Bunch of freeloaders who wanna cause riots and find any excuse to not only skip classes but also blame someone else (in this case the Government and the police)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join