It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC interview wheelchair user and police victim Jody McIntyre. BBC scum defend the police

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by maxrothschild

Nah - he's a pissed off student.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
watch out that guy that has no use of his extremities is rolling towards us!!!! he could have a bomb in his lap and could use his nose to activate it!!!
this is hilarious in a gut wrenching, cop hating, violation of rights way. you know.... that laugh you do when your like going crazy out of your mind because something pisses you off so much... yea that laugh. there is no need what so ever to remove a person that is in a wheelchair and CLEARLY has a hard time operating their own body and drag them down the street like some racist hate crime for a demonstration against something that is clearly F@#$ked. what the hell?? You cant even fight for what is wrong anymore without being labeled a friggen terrorist of some sort. YOUR GOVERNMENT IS THE TERRORIST.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by maxrothschild
tbf, i saw an interview with him on bbc breakfast on monday.

they tried to be impartial, and gave him every chance to speak and explain.

what did he do?

he used the whole interview to change the subject and deliver his own political agenda.

thinks he's some freedom fighter or something.

gimme a break.

Exactly. Nuff said.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
reply to post by maxrothschild

Nah - he's a pissed off student.

Nah - he ain't no student.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
what upsets me about this is that, people, members of the public, can find any justification for behaviour like this by the police, who are trained to deal with situations like this. regardless of whether jody is a student or not he had every right to protest about the issues of tuition fees, it affects us all, the parents who pay the fees, the youth who are having their futures destroyed, in fact everybody in the country should have been on that march, one day, you will have children (if you dont already) and how will you afford to educate them?
i think that instead of critisising jody for his actions in this protest and others, we should take a leaf from his book, a man with cerebal palsy who cannot even use his arms is more prepared to put himself in the firing line to protect the rights of the citizens of england (rights that may never even effect him), than the vast majority of complacent brits, shame on you!!!!, i dont expect any of the negative people on this thread to understand anything i have just said let alone understand it, you all sit there at your computers typing away in the comfort of your homes finding fault in the people who protect the rights that you all take for granted and willingly surrender to whichever dictator you feel that is democraticaly elected, this is why we need education

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
it's rather disturbing how the news reporter keeps trying to find some small way to blame Jody for what happened!
What a cop spawn he is! absolutely ludicrous...
And I absolutely love Jody for some reason! I can't put my finger on it! I think i love how he makes his case and the joke's on bbc..

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Lets be clear.

This was done for the sole purpose of provoking the crowd. The police were hoping the crowd would react violently so they could batter the crowd into submission, this is standard operating procedure and it is why i have lost much of my faith in the police. And before someone calls me a police hater, i have defended the police, i even posted an entire thread defending the police, they do a hard and important job that most people don't appreiciate. Sadly they have had their little minds warped to think that any protestor is a danger and an enemy. I know a copper and she has said she supports the students, yet you will find her on the line, kettling with the best of them.

The police are brainwashed.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I know I have said this once already in this topic, but it needs to be said again.

The way that this has been handled by the BBC, along with a lot of other things, is not on. It is time people stopped merely complaining, when the BBC clearly dont care. Instead, cancel your TV license, sell your TV. If you really cant go without TV, then theres YouTube, ITV player, 4OD, and BBC iPlayer. You dont need a license to watch the non-live shows on iPlayer, only the live TV.

Come on there is NO excuse. Everyone is always complaining about how biased the BBC is, how corrupt the management is, yet I dont see anyone doing anything about it. Starving the beast is the only way to take away its power. Fighting it is pointless.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Although I don't think beating up a guy in a wheel chair really solves anything, I do think that this kid has joined a "fad" that he isn't physically ready for. If you watch Joey's other videos the kid is clearly presenting himself as a radical... I know I know you'll all say I'm a cruel bastard who should be dragged out into the street and shot for insinuating that this kid could be doing the wrong thing. But the fact of the matter stands people, go against the government, especially in a radical way and get your ass kicked. Again I don't condone the mistreatment of cripples but I also don't condone radical political views either.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
Not really. Not everything is created to divide and conquer. Humans aren't blind animals, we have differences of opinions naturally. It's a bit different to the labour - tory paradigm, which is a manfucatured sham.

The right wing and the media themselfs try to argue the media as being on the left, because the left is the right position. No oxymoron intended.

While I doubt it's a manufactured nonsense, the left/right paradigm is still nonsense. Neither left-wingers and right-wingers are ''right'', and both, shall we say, lack a certain degree of critical thinking skills and the ability to think freely.

Any free-thinking and open-minded person would not restrict their views on any given subject to the narrow confines of one particular ideological wing, and any logical person would assess and analyse the myriad of issues that make up society as a whole, on a subject-by-subject basis, free of any pre-conceived political leanings and favouritisms that may slant an objective conclusion on the subject.

Proof, as if proof were needed, that this left/right divide is a load of bollocks, is the fact that those who proudly boast to be 'left-wing' or 'right-wing' adopt a religious like zealotry when holding, arguing and defending their political beliefs, and have a similar ''I'm right, you're wrong'' attitude that is redolent of those who hold more 'robust' religious views.

So, while the left/right paradigm wasn't created by the supposed 'tptb', it certainly serves a useful purpose for them, as it keeps the gullible types in-fighting by playing on that most destructive of human personality flaws: one-upmanship.

Don't get me wrong, some left-wing beliefs are fine, just as some right-wing beliefs are, it's when people adopt and identify with one political-wing as a whole, that the trouble really starts, and leads them down the slippery slope of adopting the generic right/left position on numerous issues, at the expense of forming a conclusion based on critical thinking and objectivity.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Sections of that interview have clearly been cut to back up the allegation made in the OP.

This clearly isn't as one sided as you are making it out to be,the footage of the attack was displayed repeatedly.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

so what your saying is nobody should challenge a government when the government are in the wrong, nobody should have beliefs unless they match yours or the governments, and if they do then them being mistreated is o.k. and we can turn a blind eye on this occasion?

the police are trained for these situations, it is obvious jody was no physical threat to the police, they could have easily wheeled him away from the scene without giving him the bad treatment. the police should not be going around beating people for their beliefs. they should be upholding the law. arrest the trouble causes who were committing violence, or criminal damage, treat everybody else as they should be treated in a democracy with freedoms.

the mindset of certain people worry's me, it proves people are conditioned to accept and excuse the curtaliment of their freedoms and bad treatment, regardless of if they committed a crime.

i would love to know what peoples thoughts were when the woman with the sign was protesting and charged rand paul's car, and she was tackled, then treated wrongly with the guy putting his foot on her head. i bet there are some people here who condemned that but excuse this.

edit on 16-12-2010 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2010 by lifeform11 because: spelling, typo's

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
reply to post by NoJoker13

the police should not be going around beating people for their beliefs.

lol they didn't

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MaximumTruth

lol you did not read the post i was replying to.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
and the other guy is advocating police brutality i take it?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MaximumTruth

But the fact of the matter stands people, go against the government, especially in a radical way and get your ass kicked.

yes.

the policeman's job is not to go around kicking peoples ass, for their beliefs, it is to uphold the law. jody's beliefs had nothing to do with what happened to him and if it was a factor it should no off been.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
man that guy is a dick

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Just low level, brain washed henhmen. Regardless of any belief the actions taken by those police officers can not be justified. Just about everything possible has already been said, so I leave you with this:

edit on 16/12/10 by Pirateofpsychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaximumTruth
man that guy is a dick

well, i would not say that. he/she is entitled to their opinion, i just disagree with the principle that you either deserve to be beat up or should expect to be beat up for having beliefs or opinions.

which means i have to defend the person i was replying to and say he/she does not deserve to be labeled or attacked for his beliefs.
edit on 16-12-2010 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join