It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC interview wheelchair user and police victim Jody McIntyre. BBC scum defend the police

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

First of all, maybe what I say doesn’t agree with mr-lizards view of the world but this does not make me a Nazi. That is a pretty hateful thing to imply to somebody you don’t even know.

Secondly, as regards Jody McIntyre’s confrontational nature, it goes without saying.

1. He was at the front of the protest.
2. The Police had cause to speak to him once before.
3. He is a revolutionary.
4. If you are confrontational with the Police in a violent situation then they have every right to use force. Yes, this constitutes an assault but it is LAWFUL.

Thirdly, I'm not 'on the right' actually. I pretty much lean to the left but I am not far left or an anarchist. As such, I do appreciate the laws of the land but I am not willing to break them. I understand that you have your own point of view and we all welcome that. At least we can still do that in this country.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hillsmith

Totally agree with you. Unfortunately this guy protests everywhere and about everything. He chooses to put himself in the front line of a riot and then complains about the consequences. If this riot had been in many other countries in Europe and he had been on the front line, the chances are we would have been water cannoned and not arrested.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillsmith

First of all, maybe what I say doesn’t agree with mr-lizards view of the world but this does not make me a Nazi. That is a pretty hateful thing to imply to somebody you don’t even know.

Secondly, as regards Jody McIntyre’s confrontational nature, it goes without saying.

4. If you are confrontational with the Police in a violent situation then they have every right to use force. Yes, this constitutes an assault but it is LAWFUL.

Thirdly, I'm not 'on the right' actually. I pretty much lean to the left but I am not far left or an anarchist. As such, I do appreciate the laws of the land but I am not willing to break them. I understand that you have your own point of view and we all welcome that. At least we can still do that in this country.

1. It's his Democratic right to be at the front of a protest
2. What cause?
3. And? Ghandi was a revolutionary. What's your point
4. What's constitutes confrontation? And no, it is not legal to assault somebody for protesting.

You lean to the left in the same way a man whos right leg is blown off leans to the left, ie, not very.

You cannot claim to welcome alternate points of view, while implying someone doesn't have the right to peaceful protest or deserves a beating from the police for classing themselfs as a revolutionary.

All you have is character attacks. What you're doing is poisoning the well.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pershing1973

Totally agree with you. Unfortunately this guy protests everywhere and about everything. He chooses to put himself in the front line of a riot and then complains about the consequences. If this riot had been in many other countries in Europe and he had been on the front line, the chances are we would have been water cannoned and not arrested.

Because other countries are less Democratic, that justifies the actions of our police? Pointing your finger at others isn't a defense. It's a fallacy.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pershing1973

He is partly to blame, looking at the evidence I now believe the police officers were moving him away from the chaos that was ensuing however he was making a bigger deal out of a situation than it was.

Still it does not justify the witch-hunt interview that the BBC presented as it went into the realm of the ludicrous (to quote Mr MacIntyre) but more importantly people need to pay attention to the interview and realise what agenda is at play.

Battle lines are being drawn to destroy the middle class (once again) so that a more direct and obvious divide between the "have" and "have-nots" can exist once again (and thus be controlled fully with prejudice).

What amazes me and scares me is how the likes of this BBC report and others are so brazenly trying to take fiction and make it into fact, trying to connect things together that have no relevance to once again program the masses into believing twisted story.

The truth doesn't need to be concealed any more, it has been raped and sodomised so much that it bears little resemblance to reality (or what the truth was in it's original intention).
edit on 15-12-2010 by old_god because: typo

edit on 15-12-2010 by old_god because: typo

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

So the police dragged Jody out of his wheelchair and dragged him across a road, against his will, because they were trying to protect him?

The crowd were throwing missiles and the police were going to charge the crowd and in order to protect this man, they dragged him from his wheelchair.... dragged him along a road......

ARE YOU SERIOUS????

It's a wheelchair...... they could have frickin' WHEELED him?

WTF is wrong with people???

There is no reason to treat this man that way.... you use reasonable force.

The police officers in this video are scum..... they are cowards and thugs who treat a disabled man like a piece of crap.... and assault him in front of a stunned crowd.

They could have used reasonable force.... which in the case of a Cerebral Palsy sufferer like Jody, would have been to wheel him out of the way, subdue him and handcuff him if necessary..... I'm not saying he even deserved that, just saying how they went about it was completely wrong.

It was a disproportionate response to the threat they faced.

And they should be brought to justice.... I'm sure they wont but someone, be it Jody or not, needs to prosecute these bastards.

I would have been arrested if I was there, for sure.
edit on 15/12/10 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dJbdJb

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

This is disgusting behaviour from the BBC. That cold, emotionless robot should be fired straight way. If I were Jody McIntyre, I'd file a complaint to the BBC too. Not that anything would be done about it

What ever happened to that Police man who murdered Ian Tomlinson at the G20 protest? Absolutely nothing!!!
www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 14-12-2010 by dJbdJb because: included video link

I'm sure the disabled man will have wanted to have the same treatment in an interview, as any other able bodied protestor would of had.

I'm not even going to start arguing with you, you've embarrassed yourself enough in this thread.

Really - has he embarrassed himself? Having read this thread with interest, I personally think the rest of you have done a pretty good job of that yourselves.

I could not agree more with what JonoEnglish is saying - bravo to him, I'm only sorry there weren't more people to stick up for you before. Don't listen to unfair remarks or take them on board.

Jody McIntyre has been reported many times to have been a nuisance during the protest - flatly refusing to move to a position of safety.

And I quote the DailyMail (OK, not the best source, but it's a start): www.dailymail.co.uk...

"Mr McIntyre said he had contacted solicitors and is considering taking legal action. He also intends to report the incident to the Independent Police Complaints Commission. He said: ‘I was away from the crowd, on my own. One policeman asked me to move and I shook my head.."

Now I'm sorry, but the man is just deliberately being a nuisance. The police could have certainly been less rough with Jody, but what was a disabled man doing there in the first place? He's not even a student! Just out to cause trouble. There were some serious trouble makers there, hell bent on stirring things up.

I'm not saying the police are perfect or always in the right - far from it. There are some good, some not so good, some bad - like in any aspect of life. However, neither the protesters, nor Jody McIntyre it seems, is perfect either.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Oh and be be sure to read the comments underneath... There really are some users with issues on this board - to go off on a rant like that is just ridiculous. Bore off.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 15-12-2010 by BroadMinded because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BroadMinded
Oh and be be sure to read the comments underneath... There really are some users with issues on this board - to go off on a rant like that is just ridiculous. Bore off.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The Daily Mail. hahahahahahahahaha

*falls off chair*

Are you serious!? The most bigoted publication in Britain, a known rag for bigots and racists, and you want us to heed the comments?

I can imagine the comments now "Commie scum! leftist pc haugnarugna£?!"!?!"

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

This is disgusting behaviour from the BBC. That cold, emotionless robot should be fired straight way. If I were Jody McIntyre, I'd file a complaint to the BBC too. Not that anything would be done about it

What ever happened to that Police man who murdered Ian Tomlinson at the G20 protest? Absolutely nothing!!!
www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 14-12-2010 by dJbdJb because: included video link

I'm sure the disabled man will have wanted to have the same treatment in an interview, as any other able bodied protestor would of had.

I'm not even going to start arguing with you, you've embarrassed yourself enough in this thread.

Really - has he embarrassed himself? Having read this thread with interest, I personally think the rest of you have done a pretty good job of that yourselves.

I could not agree more with what JonoEnglish is saying - bravo to him, I'm only sorry there weren't more people to stick up for you before. Don't listen to unfair remarks or take them on board.

Jody McIntyre has been reported many times to have been a nuisance during the protest - flatly refusing to move to a position of safety.

And I quote the DailyMail (OK, not the best source, but it's a start): www.dailymail.co.uk...

"Mr McIntyre said he had contacted solicitors and is considering taking legal action. He also intends to report the incident to the Independent Police Complaints Commission. He said: ‘I was away from the crowd, on my own. One policeman asked me to move and I shook my head.."

Now I'm sorry, but the man is just deliberately being a nuisance. The police could have certainly been less rough with Jody, but what was a disabled man doing there in the first place? He's not even a student! Just out to cause trouble. There were some serious trouble makers there, hell bent on stirring things up.

I'm not saying the police are perfect or always in the right - far from it. There are some good, some not so good, some bad - like in any aspect of life. However, neither the protesters, nor Jody McIntyre it seems, is perfect either.

He wasn't legally obliged to move, so why would he?

You're implying that non-compliance with non-existant laws is a crime in itself? Simply questioning 'authority'?

Also, I need to state this, but being able-bodied isn't a prerequisite for being at demonstrations. Anybody can protest, wheelchair or not. I keep having to say this, for some reason it's not sinking in; This is a DEMOCRACY. A disabled man has just the same protest rights as an able-bodied person.

I'm sure your tune changes when the cops give the EDL a good pasting, eh?

edit on 15-12-2010 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Are you kidding me? The facts are clear: a disabled man with cerebral palsy was dragged by police officers while he was exercising his right to protest. He needs to sue them NOW. There is no way that the police can justify their actions. Did the police officers become robotic animals without common sense? What if Jody were their child or their brother?

A disabled person (or any person for that matter) should NEVER be separated from their wheelchair and then dragged across the road and mistreated by the police.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

2. What cause?
4. What's constitutes confrontation? And no, it is not legal to assault somebody for protesting.

You lean to the left in the same way a man whos right leg is blown off leans to the left, ie, not very.

You cannot claim to welcome alternate points of view, while implying someone doesn't have the right to peaceful protest or deserves a beating from the police for classing themselfs as a revolutionary.

I think actually, NadaCambia, you are 'posioning the well'.

Yes, but he shouldn't really have been in such a frought-ridden situation, should he? And yes, he was being confrontational. The police asked him to move - for his own safety - he said "No".
2. What cause?
Again - the police had cause to fear his safety. (Oh dear, you honestly can't understand this, can you?)
Words escape me.
And?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by curlygirl
Are you kidding me? The facts are clear: a disabled man with cerebral palsy was dragged by police officers while he was exercising his right to protest. He needs to sue them NOW. There is no way that the police can justify their actions. Did the police officers become robotic animals without common sense? What if Jody were their child or their brother?

A disabled person (or any person for that matter) should NEVER be separated from their wheelchair and then dragged across the road and mistreated by the police.

Haven't you read the responses? It's okay to drag a disabled man from his wheelchair IF he's a 'leftist' and uses his Democratic right to protest.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

2. What cause?

I think actually, NadaCambia, you are 'posioning the well'.

Yes, but he shouldn't really have been in such a frought-ridden situation, should he? And yes, he was being confrontational. The police asked him to move - for his own safety - he said "No".
2. What cause?
Again - the police had cause to fear his safety. (Oh dear, you honestly can't understand this, can you?)
Words escape me.
And?

1. He wasn't legally obliged to move. If the police asked him to roll infront of a bus, should he? Simply because the police command it? Heed my quote. Unthinking respect for authority, and all that.

2. The Police are allowed to fear for his safety, but as a grown man, he's allowed to put himself in harms will. That's his human right. Certainly he didn't deem the situation dangerous. And from the video we see little in the way of violent confrontation, excluding the thugs in question

3. I'm sure that's a frequent problem. Not being able to respond to counter-arguments efficiently?

4. What do you mean, and? He was acting within his legal rights, the Police were not. What is difficult to understand

5. Do you even understand what poisoning the well is?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Listen, you all seriously do need to chill on this one a bit. And no mount of smiley faces (not from whom I'm quoting), will change my mind.

As if the police knew he had Cerebral Palsy, for goodness sake (which is a different thing that just having lost movement of the legs - but both, obviously awful inflictions). And no - not once did I say they should have *dragged* anybody.

they have a duty however, to protect people from harm. If Jody McIntyre was intent on placing himself in the line of fire, then he should expect to be asked to move, for his own safety. The police knew things were out of hand and violence had erupted, so they asked him twice to move.

Just plain silly - it was a dangerous situation to be in.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Listen, you all seriously do need to chill on this one a bit. And no mount of smiley faces (not from whom I'm quoting), will change my mind.

As if the police knew he had Cerebral Palsy, for goodness sake. And no - not once did I say they should have *dragged* anybody.

they have a duty however, to protect people from harm. If Jody McIntyre was intent on placing himself in the line of fire, then he should expect to be asked to move, for his own safety. The police knew things were out of hand and violence had erupted, so they asked him twice to move.

Just plain silly - it was a dangerous situation to be in.

So the Police are allowed to dictate what is and isn't dangerous, and what you can and cannot participate in, based on the previously mentioned dangers. To you this makes sense?

That's great. Next time I go to a protest I'll drag police around and remove them from the inherent dangers of my thug-comrades. Yes?

Let it be known. Any police officers who put themselfs in dangerous situations, I WILL REMOVE YOU!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I honestly, don't know how further to comment on this. Have you bothered to read any of the DM comments, where you will find the large majority aligning with my views expressed here?

This is pretty mute for me now - not a chance I'll change my mind in any way whatsoever. It's hardly as if the police kicked him in, they moved him to safety. A bit too harshly, yes, but in the face of potentially life threatening conditions, I think they had to act fast.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BroadMinded

You're wasting your time in this thread mate, there's no reasoning or anything in here. Like their idol they bay for blood and fight incredibly violently for 'peace' and 'freedom'. I merely tried to point out there always two sides to the story earlier and I'm suddenly all manner of things. I made an even bigger mistake when I started to show their idol isn't just some innocent bystander looking for peace and actively seeks conflict to promote his cause. That's what you get when you try and have a discussion with a group of people with a combined IQ less than half of yours and you happen to say something that doesn't tow the party line.
If these people are the alternative to the scum in charge I'll stick with the current scum thanks.
edit on 15-12-2010 by AgentSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BroadMinded

So you're saying that to protect this man they dragged him out of his wheelchair along an extremely hard road and put physical pressure on him while he was on the floor?

How the **** is that protecting him?

Wouldn't rolling his wheelchair out of the way have protected him more?

I can't believe anybody can see this any other way..... what is wrong with people.
How did they protect him in a way that actually protected him?

Moving his wheelchair, and thus him, out of the way would have been best for all.... even picking him up and carrying him.... but no, he needs real protection, lets haul him out... drag him along a road and rough him up a bit.

Get a clue man.
edit on 15/12/10 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I honestly, don't know how further to comment on this. Have you bothered to read any of the DM comments, where you will find the large majority aligning with my views expressed here?

This is pretty mute for me now - not a chance I'll change my mind in any way whatsoever. It's hardly as if the police kicked him in, they moved him to safety. A bit to harshly, yes, but in the face of potentially life threatening conditions, I think they had to act fast.

I actually read it before you posted the link. Naturally I wanted to see who covered the incident and if there were any advancements on the BBC complaints.

The comments on the DM are irrelevant. It's largely attacks on his character and suggestions he was somehow asking for a beating. That he provoked the police(of which there's 0 evidence).

Character is irrelevant. Even if you're an EDL or BNP supporter, you should be allowed to exercise your Democratic right and freedom. That Jody considers himself a political activist and refused to move for the police(he wasn't legally obliged, lets keep this in mind) isn't justification for that kind of assualt.

I'll say as I've said over the last few pages. If the Police officer in question was justified, why towards the end of the video, was he DRAGGED away from the 'scene' by another Police officer?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join