It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC interview wheelchair user and police victim Jody McIntyre. BBC scum defend the police

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

I dont agree with that. Im sorry but violence is the ONLY thing they understand. What people seem to be forgetting is that these protests were the PEACFUL ONES, the police started the trouble by kettling and mistreating the people to get this kind of reaction. However had EVERYBODY FOUGHT BACK, it would be the last time they tried to pull that.

Why? Because even with a poor turn out we would outnumber them 100 to 1, we have the foce to simply walk right over the top of them AT ANYTIME, we just need to get enough people to realise it, then we have our own "nuclear option". At that point violence will become irrelevant.

Once these corporate scumbags realise we will do whatever it takes, only then will we get justice, while we keep acting like scared sheep, they will keep treating us as such and the violence at these protest will continue to escalate, they dont want to ban the protests because that confirms what alot of people already suspect, they hope that the violence the cops are using on the people will be enough to stop them turning up!! (but its not gonna work that way!)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by S3ns1bl3

they hope that the violence the cops are using on the people will be enough to stop them turning up!! (but its not gonna work that way!)
Too bloody right it won't.

The more of these young protesters who experience first hand, what a bunch of horrible arseholes the police are, the more momentum this movement will gain. We won't take it laying down, becausze somethings are worth FIGHTING for.

And fight we will.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by S3ns1bl3

I dont agree with that. Im sorry but violence is the ONLY thing they understand. What people seem to be forgetting is that these protests were the PEACFUL ONES, the police started the trouble by kettling and mistreating the people to get this kind of reaction. However had EVERYBODY FOUGHT BACK, it would be the last time they tried to pull that.

Why? Because even with a poor turn out we would outnumber them 100 to 1, we have the foce to simply walk right over the top of them AT ANYTIME, we just need to get enough people to realise it, then we have our own "nuclear option". At that point violence will become irrelevant.

Once these corporate scumbags realise we will do whatever it takes, only then will we get justice, while we keep acting like scared sheep, they will keep treating us as such and the violence at these protest will continue to escalate, they dont want to ban the protests because that confirms what alot of people already suspect, they hope that the violence the cops are using on the people will be enough to stop them turning up!! (but its not gonna work that way!)

Did you see my latest post on this thread re the recent police protest? Protesting being banned anywhere near parliament they simply queued to see their mp's - thousands of them.

I will, once again, post the link to Steal This Movie, a biography of Abbie Hoffman, one of the organizers of the anti-Vietnam demos; a master of political theatre who knew how to capture the media's attention without resorting to violence. These demos were infiltrated by the state – state employed individuals instigated violence within the demonstrators giving TPTB the excuse to come in full force. This lead to students being shot.

As I've already said the police have been training for massive civil unrest for 6 years - it is not clever to play into the state's hands. Follow the police lead - and use brains NOT brawn.

STEAL THIS MOVIE

edit on 15-12-2010 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I agree with with AgentSmith's post regarding Mr Macintyre.

I had a long think about the situation and suspected he was being moved rather than being dragged and attacked but the whole day was chaos and even the most level headed people can get lost in the confusion.

But what I don't agree with is how the BBC news anchor is an obvious shill and only interested in linking Mr Macintyre, Cuber Terrorism (Assange, PayPal attacks etc) and the protesting/rioting together.

This is gatekeeping and association where disparate information is relayed together to make people believe there is a relationship between any/all entities involved.

I said it before and I will say it again, Julian Assange is just a pawn in a much bigger plan, part of that has been made manifest with the announcement of the cyber terrorism bill (and it's equivalents in Europe and possibly Asia).

Whoever has an agenda in this wants this kind of response (because the world is crying out for a revolution) so they can push through their bills to implement the machinations of control.

1 year from now we will cry out to our children "your freedom has been sold!" but our children will turn around in ignorance saying "we have more freedom than you, look at all these material things I own [to keep me occupied]..".

10 years from now our children will do the same as us and so on...

Freedom is an illusion but it only holds value if we fight to defend it in whatever shape and form it comes in...

We will become cattle in the near future, it is evident that people are just too ignorant or incapable of doing anything until it's too late and I am pretty sure when we have martial law, when we are unable to think or act of our own accord we will wonder why there are a handful of people shouting "your freedom is being sold!".

Good day.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by old_god
I agree with with AgentSmith's post regarding Mr Macintyre.

I had a long think about the situation and suspected he was being moved rather than being dragged and attacked but the whole day was chaos and even the most level headed people can get lost in the confusion.

But what I don't agree with is how the BBC news anchor is an obvious shill and only interested in linking Mr Macintyre, Cuber Terrorism (Assange, PayPal attacks etc) and the protesting/rioting together.

This is gatekeeping and association where disparate information is relayed together to make people believe there is a relationship between any/all entities involved.

I said it before and I will say it again, Julian Assange is just a pawn in a much bigger plan, part of that has been made manifest with the announcement of the cyber terrorism bill (and it's equivalents in Europe and possibly Asia).

Whoever has an agenda in this wants this kind of response (because the world is crying out for a revolution) so they can push through their bills to implement the machinations of control.

1 year from now we will cry out to our children "your freedom has been sold!" but our children will turn around in ignorance saying "we have more freedom than you, look at all these material things I own [to keep me occupied]..".

10 years from now our children will do the same as us and so on...

Freedom is an illusion but it only holds value if we fight to defend it in whatever shape and form it comes in...

We will become cattle in the near future, it is evident that people are just too ignorant or incapable of doing anything until it's too late and I am pretty sure when we have martial law, when we are unable to think or act of our own accord we will wonder why there are a handful of people shouting "your freedom is being sold!".

Good day.

Regarding him being pushed and not dragged. If you look towards the end of the footage, a police officer is dragged, and I mean DRAGGED away by another officer.

Which suggests atleast another police officer took serious issue with what he was doing to intervene. And that doesn't really fit with the suggestion he was just being pleasantly moved.

Have a look and you'll see what I mean. It could just be a case of 1 insane copper, but clearly from the footage another police officer saw something seriously wrong with his actions.

I wouldn't if the officer who dragged the other away will come forward? Unfortunately I think not

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I complained to the BBC yesterday. Here is the canned response I received from them today:

Thank you for your feedback regarding the BBC News Channel broadcast on 13 December 2010.

We appreciate some viewers felt Ben Brown was too challenging during his interview with student tuition fees protestor Jody McIntrye.

The Controller for the BBC News Channel Kevin Bakhurst has written a blog in response to these concerns, it can be seen at:

www.bbc.co.uk...

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us.

Kind Regards

BBC Audience Services

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Namaste1001

Just as outrageous as is the interview itself.

Go on the blog to read the response.

I got the same email.

Such a crude response to a complaint orchestrated by thousands of BBC license payers. They pay for the right to view what the people represent yet almost in a "tyrannistic" manner it it shoved right up their noses! I'm shocked and saddened by this.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted - but in response to the complaint.

www.bbc.co.uk...

We have received a considerable number of complaints about an interview Ben Brown did last night on the BBC News Channel with Jody McIntyre. The context of the interview was that Mr McIntyre was on the student demonstrations in London last week and video emerged yesterday of him being pulled out of his wheelchair by police.

I am aware that there is a web campaign encouraging people to complain to the BBC about the interview, the broad charge being that Ben Brown was too challenging in it. However I am genuinely interested in hearing more from people who have complained about why they object to the interview. I would obviously welcome all other views.

I have reviewed the interview a few times and I would suggest that we interviewed Mr McIntyre in the same way that we would have questioned any other interviewee in the same circumstances: it was quite a long interview and Mr McIntyre was given several minutes of airtime to make a range of points, which he did forcefully; Ben challenged him politely but robustly on his assertions.

Mr McIntyre says during the interview that "personally he sees himself equal to anyone else" and we interviewed Mr McIntyre as we would interview anyone else in his position. Comments more than welcome.

Kevin Bakhurst is the controller of the BBC News Channel and the BBC News at One and the deputy head of the BBC Newsroom.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Not sure if this has been posted - but in response to the complaint.

www.bbc.co.uk...

We have received a considerable number of complaints about an interview Ben Brown did last night on the BBC News Channel with Jody McIntyre. The context of the interview was that Mr McIntyre was on the student demonstrations in London last week and video emerged yesterday of him being pulled out of his wheelchair by police.

I am aware that there is a web campaign encouraging people to complain to the BBC about the interview, the broad charge being that Ben Brown was too challenging in it. However I am genuinely interested in hearing more from people who have complained about why they object to the interview. I would obviously welcome all other views.

I have reviewed the interview a few times and I would suggest that we interviewed Mr McIntyre in the same way that we would have questioned any other interviewee in the same circumstances: it was quite a long interview and Mr McIntyre was given several minutes of airtime to make a range of points, which he did forcefully; Ben challenged him politely but robustly on his assertions.

Mr McIntyre says during the interview that "personally he sees himself equal to anyone else" and we interviewed Mr McIntyre as we would interview anyone else in his position. Comments more than welcome.

Kevin Bakhurst is the controller of the BBC News Channel and the BBC News at One and the deputy head of the BBC Newsroom.

BBC are sending out bulk emails

www.bbc.co.uk...

That's where there's an ongoing direct complaints type forum taking place. Because Kevin Bakhurst is a moron.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Made a complaint to the bbc. idiotic interviewer, also saw him with his live coverage when the protest were happening.
he called the students morons on live tv.

I condone the actions of some of the protestors, and can agree some of them were morons. but this is a harmless, peace full protester, who was abused by a police officer twice.
edit on 15-12-2010 by MR BOB because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2010 by MR BOB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
BBC have had 5,000 complaints about the Ben Brown interview (the same number Ofcom received about this year's series of X Factor)

Twitter @badjournalism

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I've not even received a reply to my complaint yet, even though I sent mine before the "campaign" started. I've not even received the standard "excuse" that most people have got. This is disgusting. I've read the response that Kevin Bakhurst has made on "The Editors Blog" but he failed to see the point we were trying to make. There have been 500+ comments on that blog-page alone demanding an answer - there must have been even more complaints. I can't believe they're just ignoring so many people like that.

What next? Do we complain about the way the BBC have responded to the complaints? Who to? Will they care? I've never complained to the BBC before - ever!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

Originally posted by lifeform11
reply to post by JonoEnglish

are the police dumb? no they are not, do the police get training? yes they do.

how can they see a man in a wheel chair as a threat? if he was in the way they could of easily wheeled him away without mounting him on the floor and dragging him. he was doing nothing wrong and was not committing a crime.

the police are highly trained and train for these situations, it was obviously done on purpose to either incite a response from protesters or because we have certain policeman who are not acting in a proper manner.

either way, abusing their power.

That highly trained that they don't see the number of phones around them recording the act.

I don't think it was an attempt to incite the protestors at all.

What we don't see is what the disabled guys actions were previously to that.

I again must state the police offers involved in that were over the top.
edit on 14-12-2010 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

Their bosses and elite rulers put them in over the top. The current policing methods incite the violence. You talk earlier about provocation, the Police tactics is provocation at its best. If the Police didn't conduct themselfs like the Gestapo you'd see much less violence. I promise you.

True, governments really are behaving like macho idiots these days. But then again, isn't the Police just revealing their true nature to the people... as being nothing else than a repressive paramilitary organization working to enforce the rule of the upper class?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I do get your point, and what your saying WAS correct, but I believe we have passed that point, people are simply too braindead to act in numbers enough to make a difference, the only way that will change is when its on thier doorstep.

These protests were peaceful, the problem is people have got to used to the crutch of the media doing all the thinking for them, Today in work people were watching the youtube video that is in the OP. The response? This guys an a**hole, an idiot troublemaker, even after they saw the interview thet still blamed THE VICTIM, at this point people simply are incapable of believing anything that is not told to them by the MSM, every time I tried to explain what would happen?, they would say things like "what about the idiot with the fire extinguisher" people dont have opinions, they just parrot what ever is on the TV, and of course IM the trouble maker, I "just hate right people", or reading too much garbage on the internet was another response! (with the exception of ONE PERSON, I was alone in a sea of ignorance!! hmm that sounds good, should get that on a T-shirt!)

The fact this guy was to an extent paralysed and of no physical threat is apparently irrelevant.

The reality is, things will never get better until they get worse, dont get me wrong theres nothing annoys me more than "we're all doomed, lol" crowd because I'm certain we are NOT, I just believe there is LITERALLY nothing you can do in terms of protest that will not end in violence, because THEY are the ones instigating it, they clearly have no issues ploughing through groups of innocent people, what they (and WE) need to learn is that they can start all they want, but we can finish it if we have to!
edit on 15-12-2010 by S3ns1bl3 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Ah, yes. Just because I'm in a wheelchair, I'm not a threat. What a load of bulls##t. If you try and be confrontational with the Police then you are going to end up as the loser. You sad leftist and anarchist buffoons need to realise this. This Jody bloke needs to grow up and channel his energy into something useful. End of story. Thank you and goodbye.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by hillsmith
Ah, yes. Just because I'm in a wheelchair, I'm not a threat. What a load of bulls##t. If you try and be confrontational with the Police then you are going to end up as the loser. You sad leftist and anarchist buffoons need to realise this. This Jody bloke needs to grow up and channel his energy into something useful. End of story. Thank you and goodbye.

Sorry mate. You Nazi ideologies died when they were crushed.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Isn't it time to protest the BBC so that any events that follow would be influenced to tell a fairer picture and emphasise the fact that we ARE watching the watchers who report the news to the majority of people in the UK and that we have had enough of the blatent disregard for truth and ignorance of perspectives?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Lol I sent a complaint then realised I havnt payed my tv licence for about 2 years

By the way, there isnt much they can do if you dont pay your tv licence, The court passed my debt on to a private bailif company, who have no right to enter your home unless you invite them in.

So when this bailif guy came round I basically told him to suck me off, and he asnt been back since.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by hillsmith

Where is your evidence that he was confrontational with the police? Even still, confrontational behaviour isn't a justification for assault.

As someone on the right, surely you appreciate the laws of the land?

Your stance by nature is hypocritical. Go ahead though, prove the assault was justified. Cite the evidence. Lets see it.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by S3ns1bl3

Today in work people were watching the youtube video that is in the OP. The response? This guys an a**hole, an idiot troublemaker, even after they saw the interview thet still blamed THE VICTIM, at this point people simply are incapable of believing anything that is not told to them by the MSM, every time I tried to explain what would happen?,

When your workmates lose their jobs - or start paying 50% income tax (we actually already pay more by the time you include NI, Council Tax and VAT) - then they will care and may well join you on a march.

What you're talking about is the NIMBY mentality - Not In My Back Yard - and yes I do agree that people won't make a move until they are directly affected. The financial crisis is so huge and so unjust they will be affected.

Here in the UK we've become so complacent about things like street cameras that they have the infrastructure in place to track down any individual they want. Remember the camera's with speakers that shout at you for God's sake - they said it was to deter littering...laughable.

My point is that violence is only going to come back and bite us on the bum. The infrastructure was put in place when everyone was asleep, in the so-called good times, to enable them to come knocking on your door well after the event. (Did you see the clarity of the pics of the protestors they're looking for over the attack Chuck and Camilla's car?) Tactics are crucial here.

I'd recomend Adam Curtis's series about Edward Bernays (inventor of public relations insustry) and how fear is induced in the masses. They have perfected the art. Part 1 below (It's an hour long)

The Century Of The Self

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join