It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC interview wheelchair user and police victim Jody McIntyre. BBC scum defend the police

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

My apologies - that was a scary situation to watch let alone be in & thankfully got out off. There were some protesters trying to stop that so not all were in it for the aggro as that horrified a few students in there, dont forget a lot of these are still kids really and extreme violence like that isnt pretty.

Ive just seen the footage you have and thats what i saw, its probably hard to see it from such a neutral view if you are serving or are close to people that are - thats not you at fault its just human nature.

back to the chair incident
I also dont see the point of trying to identify or pursuing any particular officer in this case mainly due to the fact that he wasnt injured. The complaint should be followed up by the ipcc but imo maybe some retraining or similar with an apology etc would be a more sensible outcome.

As for the beeb, well i dont pay my tv licence scince the way they refused to show the gaza appeal on bbc channels so you can take it that i dislike them but, they gave this guy (who interviewed really well & got some very good points across including about gaza) plenty of air time and the presenter who might well be a tosser at least let him have his say which is more than you get usually and that suprised me.

I hope your mate recovers well

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
I'm wondering why a yank is commenting on something that is of no concern to you? Unless your an ex-pat?

I'm not a Yankee, I'm a Southerner, though I forgive you for not knowing the difference, and it's not that important anyway...

The reason it's important to me is because people are being oppressed here too. I don't approve of what the US government is doing, and I know what it's like to feel as helpless as they do as they please and continue taking away rights, and being familiar with it here I'm able to see the same thing happening over there and in many other countries where rioting is becoming more prevalent. Anyone in your country or any other that wants to throw off their abusive and arrogant authorities has my support.

I'm ex military myself mate

Good for you, then you'll have a fighting chance, literally. Unless you think better of those types of situations and avoid them altogether.

When some little gob#e with a iron bar tries to do you in, he gets a baton to the head. Anyone who calls that police brutality really are stupid.

So can you show me where the guy in the wheelchair attacks the police with an iron bar? I thought he was just rolling his wheelchair towards you?
edit on 14-12-2010 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
"wheelchair user"

its really great when people use any leverage to get reactions out of people.
what your really saying is "cripple" but u want to get others to have that reaction. your just paving it.
sad

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Originally posted by EarthOccupant
reply to post by NadaCambia

Left wing - right wing, all invented to keep us busy and divided.

It is disturbing though that state television does not question state's behaviour.

Not really. Not everything is created to divide and conquer. Humans aren't blind animals, we have differences of opinions naturally. It's a bit different to the labour - tory paradigm, which is a manfucatured sham.

The right wing and the media themselfs try to argue the media as being on the left, because the left is the right position. No oxymoron intended.

Im going to have to disagree. I see nothing but propagation of hate from MSNBC and FOX to the oppsite parties. Both push huge amounts of disinformation, and I DO believe that there is a strategy to divide and conquer. We already know Operation Mockingbird did exist, and that our media does push propaganda.

The question is, "why?".

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
reply to post by bsbray11

I'm wondering why a yank is commenting on something that is of no concern to you? Unless your an ex-pat?

Maybe because some of us yanks care about all issues that effect mankind regardless of country. I also think your condescending generalized comments of American's is childish and unnecessary. Not trying to start anything here but enough already. I think the majority of the people on this forum are on the same team. OK back to your scheduled programing. Off with there heads.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

I agree, i often comment on usa or global issues that dont affect me directly...... yet anyway, but it doesent mean i cannot have an opinion.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Damn. That's @&#* up. I know a man with cerebral palsy. It's one of the most debilitating diseases known to man. That poor fellow. But obviously, he cares not for pity; he cares for liberation and freedom. Think of the message there. A man who is imprisoned in a terribly disabled body is crying out for freedom. And this sh!# stain of a reporter ignores that cry and chooses instead to make accusations and portray the man as an enemy. As Jody says, that's ludicrous.

The planet is going to hell in a storm of sh!# unless we able-bodied men grow some balls and do something. Truth: nothing lasts forever, and at the moment, the world is cracking under the weight of stagnation. Things are going to change and right now it's not going in a very good direction.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
This really angered me.

How utterly disgusting of the BBC to go about their business. I wrote up an extensive complaint (pasted below) and sent to them requesting their reply - I wonder what sort I will get?

At the moment the UK is standing up as I thought they would be. Alot of people like me are part of a generation (i'm 27) that also a huge part the young population represent that are "woken up" to the real facts of life and society in general over here. We are watched continuously and influenced by so many different things - yet the majority of us don't see it from a multi-dimensional perspective - only 2D which is a one-view way.

That talented Kid who is 15 and made his 5 minute speech - wow, what a leader. I want him to be strong and then be someone who could run our country in the future.

Keep the fight going people - lets spread this movement worldwide!

COMPLAINT:

I am writing to express my complete and utter disgust I view with regard to the way this live interview was conducted.

BBC credits itself on being an unbiased corporation. It is a state-sponsored organisation and to only regard an interview with the general opinion of the state and not recognise what was being stated without an opinion goes beyond this.

The interviewer in question was forceful in nature and unfair. It was almost as if he was insinuating that Jody McIntyre was expressing a view he did not agree with and that Mr McIntyre was in fact lying or that his complaint toward the police was not enforceable for any reason.

I am disgusted that you would get someone live on television, broadcast around the World and conduct an interview with such manner.

1) Why was the same question of "Are you going to enter a complaint?" pressed over and over when Mr McIntyre responded with an answer? Was he under scrutiny for some reason? Was he being treated as the perpetrator as opposed to the witness of deplorable violent conduct by the police? - He obviously wanted to gather his thoughts and hit the police themselves with the "full force of the law" and the majority of those with intelligence could understand this.

2) Why did he not respond to Mr McIntyre's "fair" questions? Mr McIntyre demonstrated a decent manner in answering his questions fairly and to the point. Why was he not acknowledged? Why were subjects changed? Which leads me on to...

3) Why was Mr McIntyre's character demeaned in such a manner as a response to a fair answer "You say you’re a revolutionary though". What does this imply to the public who do not see multiple perspectives on a given subject/situation?

What is a revolutionary? Is it an anarchist? Is it someone who perpetrates violence? Or is it someone who is trying to fight for his country. The people that represent Britain and what are the backbone of this great nation. The nature of the interviewers comment would insinuate that Mr McIntyre is actually part of a radicalist group that incites violence. How is this so?

It is a great shame that those who represent such core values of our country can be demonised in such a manner and that your corporation can instil a thought that actually the Government are what represent Britain?

It is disgusting! How can such an interview be aired on live TV and someone try to demonise someone? Unfortunately for the BBC Mr McIntyre (whom I’ve never met and have no relation to) actually has an ounce of passion and intelligence and could answer his questions in a fantastic manner.

It is people like Mr McIntyre that are trying to keep our core values that even represent what nation YOU are from. This isn't just about Student Fee's anymore.

Lots of people are becoming aware that we are no longer represented. These are our roads, our parks - our heritage made this and we represent it. It is time for people to fight back but does this necessarily "have" to include violence?

By airing this interview you have put out an influential and fiercely opinionated criticism by the BBC.

Absolutely shocking and I really would consider an apology was made.

Finally,

Could a gentleman in a wheelchair, disabled with cerebral palsy really pose a threat to an army of policemen?

Don't you think it’s time to answer that question as opposed to creating a diversionary tactic?

Come on BBC, do you think he posed a threat?

Yours sincerely,

Representing your country more than the BBC,

TL

edit on 14-12-2010 by glowsticks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

It's so crazy how the BBC is trying to push the blame on him. This is what will happen in every news station if we allow the government to control media. it's scary, they have no respect for peoples rights... and justify the criminal actions of the police.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Deja`Vu because: typo

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

"The senior nurse in charge took us into a resuscitation room to keep us away from the police because, she said, they were finding it upsetting to see protesters in the hospital."

The injury to Alfie, a second-year undergraduate at Middlesex University, is already the subject of an investigation by the Independent Police Complaints Commission.

Yesterday afternoon investigators interviewed Alfie at Charing Cross hospital in west London, where he was taken for surgery as his condition began to deteriorate. His mother, an English literature lecturer at Roehampton University, said that her son had made a good recovery after a three-hour operation.

"The first thing Alfie said when he woke up was about how many other people had been hurt and how the police had been striking and bashing everyone. Any one of those kids there could have been Alfie.

"I'm from the generation of Blair Peach [hit over the head by police at a London demonstration in 1979] and we knew that anyone could die if they were hit. He's amazingly jolly now. I don't know it that is from a sense of having survived or the morphine."

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "The issue is under IPCC investigation."

Meanwhile, pressure is growing for an inquiry into how the Royal Protection Squad allowed a car containing Prince Charles and his wife Camilla to be attacked by protesters.

Police rejected reports that a communication breakdown led to the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall being caught up in the protests as they travelled to a theatre in central London.

INCREDIBLE! A two tier hospital emergency room! As if the student could not be considered human; and he was the victim of assault of the guys who "took over" the medical facility. Horror story. As awful as it is though, he's lucky he wasn't in the USA. After getting tazed, stomped and probably shot 16 times, he would not be around to press charges. It looks like the British police are beginning to resemble American ones.

As to Charles & Camilla....maybe they wanted to drive by to 'see the action' and almost became part of it. In the US its called "slumming". More concern for them than the young man in the hospital. How do Brits like having those 'royals' living on their dole and acting as if the general public is a nest of cockroaches? when are you going to make them go to work and take away their incomes from your hard earned taxes? If you confiscated their holdings, you might be able to make an economic go of it. Isn't it Charles who said he would reincarnate as a virus to kill off people?

Still you have a lively Parliament much more fun to watch than the US Congress; and some great orators and fearless speakers.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by glowsticks

Your complaint letter was good. I wouldnt be suprised if the interview was conducted this way to try to trip the lad up and scupper any chance of pursuing his complaint beyond an investigation, i did say in my prev post that (despite your opinion ) i felt the interviewer had been suprisingly generous with letting the student speak so freely yet was still spikey with him. I wonder if he was deliberately giving him enough rope?

speak freely as in you never discuss a case publically that you may wish to take legal action over!
edit on 14/12/10 by cropmuncher because: text

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

"Students like Alfie Meadows who was beaten on the head with a police truncheon & ended up in hospital having emergency brain surgery, now just imagine for 1 second if it was Prince Charles or Camilla or a Police officer that nearly died thanks to the violence of the police, what would the media be saying then"

When he mentions this they change the subject or don't answer

False argument. Any violence that occured was caused by the riots. The Rioters are the catalyst and if they had not engaged in violence, nobody would have been hurt. Had they not engaged in criminal activity, nobody would have been hurt.

The stupidity of all this is the lie that this will accomplish anything at all. When demostrations turn violent, it turns nearly everyone against them which gives you the opposite outcome you are seeking. Only childish minds think violence is necessary except in self-defense.

It's sad how few look to history. Those who caused the most possitive change were always non-violent and never engaged in adolescent rioting. People like MLK and Ghandi changed the world through non-violence. If anything the violent rioters make things worse.

On top of all of this, these students are rioting for Welfare from an empty account. They seem naive and illiterate to me. What part of there is no more money don't they get? It's like going to an dry well over and over again and demanding water. It's not a sign of enough intellegence to be attending a University in fact. What they want is for government to force others who earned their money to pay for them. It is that simple.

They want their candy and the candy bowl is empty and the store is closed so they throw a temper tantrum; except when these supposed adults throw a tantrum, unlike the babies they are acting like, they harm innocent people.

Burning innocent peoples cars and breaking windows is not demostrating for anything. It's just a bunch of Thugs acting like who they really are.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
bbc has responded www.bbc.co.uk...

despite the THOUSANDS of complaints they dont see anything wrong with what they're doing.

If Frankie Boyle made a joke about someone in a wheelchair they'd make him apologise, but no apologies for this

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

The interviewer is an idiot!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The Metropolitan Police, who revolutionised the use of the wheel clamp, can't stop this 'dangerous' man in a wheelchair? I'm not marginalising his disability, but a good sized stone under his wheel would have taken his 'dangerous' activities out of the equation. Violence, instead of common sense.
Says it all.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I want to play devil's advocate just for a moment here and would appreciate it very much indeed, if you would imagine this being typed in a "BBC English" accent.

I know that in the United States of America the police have occasion, in the course of their duties, to visit bars and other places where members of the lower classes drink to excess and indulge in sundry vulgar entertainments like "mud wrestling", "jello wrestling", "dwarf tossing", etc. I should hasten to point out that I am not intending here to disparage anyone, not members of the lower classes, mudwrestlers, dwarves, strippers or anyone at all. In the words of the old spiritual, "We's all God's chillin'."

I'm assuming that members of the London Metropolitan Police Force have similar duties to their American counterparts and may very well have been in low class bars and witnessed things such as "dwarf tossing" and being mindful of the damage that a flying dwarf might inflict and seeing a cerebral palsy victim being wheeled like a battering ram up the street, simply overreacted.

No?

Beyond that, I thought the interview was fair enough and that the person interviewed handled it very well and made some very good points in the discussion.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I sent my complaint to BBC. I hope this news correspondent, Ben Brown gets what he deserves, along with the repeated offense and extremely violent and immoral offenses conducted by some of these barbaric policemen.

Do not forget the bigger issue that is at hand, the current state of our society's morality.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
Does no-one think that this protestor was intent on provoking a reaction from the police, with friends in tow to capture his "selected" treatment in order to gain headlines for the cause?

Yea, it's rather interesting that there are certain individuals in some protests who constantly gain attention by being brutally attacked by the police. What are the odds of one individual being attacked several times during a protest while there are thousands of other protestors around?
I don't like how the police treated this guy but I'd like to know the whole story behind the event. Events like this are always used to provoke more violence from the protestors.

The protests turned violent because the police started beating people who strayed from the 'agreed route'. Police are enforcing Nazi like laws that stop people from protesting without government approval.

It's absolutely laughable. The protests would be alot more peaceful with no police there.

Well.. You could also say that they would be a lot more peaceful if people did not stray from the agreed route.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I wasn't going to get that involved in this as I just wanted to make the point that we don't know the whole story, but as certain people have decided what my position is for me I may as well fulfill it.

Late in the afternoon he managed to get himself to the front line of the protest at the junction of Victoria St and Parliment Square. This was the scene of some of the worst rioting on the day. Police officers were subjected to a barage of bricks, bottles, paint bombs, and large metal fence panels. Along with the hail of missiles, officers were engaged in hand to hand fighting with the crowd who were intent on smashing through the police line in an effort to get the the BSI building at No1 Victoria St.

It was during a particularly violent period that I observed the police remove Mr McIntyre from his wheelchair. Officers lifted him out of the chair, and suporting him under each arm, moved him backwards away from the chaotic scenes of the front line, and to an area of relative safety on a small wall out of reach of most of the missiles, which continued to rain down.

Once the officers had left Mr McIntyre on the wall, he got to his feet and started shouting at the officers who had moved him. He was very angry and at one point raised his hand as if to hit the officer he was talking to.

He was stopped from doing this by the intervention of a woman passer-by who managed to pin his arms by his side.

There can be no doubt that the reasons Mr McIntyre was removed from his wheelchair and carried away were for his own safety, firstly as he was in danger of being hit by missiles thrown from the crowd, and secondly that minutes after he was moved, mounted police charged towards the crowd. Had MrMcIntyre been there when the horses charged he would alsmost certainly been seriously injured.

It is also worth bearing in mind that Mr McIntyre is not a student. He describes himself on several websites/blogs as 'a revoloutionary'.

www.demotix.com...

@lowkeyuk @logicarmy @truebess you are soldiers of the revolution!

LogicArmy Today 9/12/10 was 'The Battle in Parliament Square'.... And we won @jodymcintyre @lowkeyuk @truebess @everyone who fought with us... SALUTE

I oppose the police as an institution.

twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by glowsticks

Well done for making the effort.

Please let ATS know how they respond, or indeed if they do not respond withing a fortnight, then please start a new thread about that - 'Has the great british beeb' had it's day as a news source, is it now just a blunt instrument of the ruling elite?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join