It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The internet and the 'end of privacy'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Welcome to the world of public living -- where most everything about a person's habits, location and preferences is just a few clicks away.

Link to the story

This is some info I thought everyone would like to see.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I totally agree with you. I started a thread some time ago entitled :" Why I hate Facebook".

Despite the fact that the founder of Facebook said that no individual has a right to privacy on the internet , nobody seems to be concerned. 500 million have flocked to it and are happier the more they share their private lives. Ironically it was the government that had to step in to force Facebook to change its policy of flogging our private details.

NWO and globalism is being eased into reality by the people themselves. Privacy is being sacrificed for the sake of a stupid Facebook identity or a stupid mobile phone application..

Same applies to other Social networking sites

I am not surprised by the poor response to your thread.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Simple rules:

1) Use tor.

2) Don't post your real name online. That includes in your email address (check your settings to make sure your name is not being transmitted with the message).

3) Encrypt everything on your hard drive with TrueCrypt.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by c1172558

that is a 100% good idea still creepy how everyones info is all over the net right down to were they live anyone can find you

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by crowdedskies
I totally agree with you. I started a thread some time ago entitled :" Why I hate Facebook".

Despite the fact that the founder of Facebook said that no individual has a right to privacy on the internet , nobody seems to be concerned. 500 million have flocked to it and are happier the more they share their private lives. Ironically it was the government that had to step in to force Facebook to change its policy of flogging our private details.

NWO and globalism is being eased into reality by the people themselves. Privacy is being sacrificed for the sake of a stupid Facebook identity or a stupid mobile phone application..

Same applies to other Social networking sites

I am not surprised by the poor response to your thread.

Precisely why I came off of Facebook over a year ago now. No avenue of your life remains personal. It is a shame that so many people are indoctrinated by it. We live in the real world. Facebook is for the vain who feel they have to have hundreds of 'friends'.

The people who i want to contact me have my number. Thats all i need.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

I agree on that statement ..seems like its a popularty contest on facebook to see how many friends you can gather ..I hate facebook and many of the other site like those..

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Yeah man. You can buy 'friends' now to look popular.

www.buyfanstoday.com...

Its so fake and sad. Also I used to hate it when i would walk past someone in the street and then get home and have a friend request from them.

I think there is even a recognised OCD condition with Facebook now

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Our lives are open books.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

omg i had no idea you could buy friends for facebook now that is sad but funny also thats desprate! I can understand useing facebook for family members but for people you dont even know its just silly most of them have nothing in common with what your into anyhow..thanks for that link that blew me away

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by punctual

it sure is! and i dont like it..

top topics

join