It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We'll march anyway: WikiLeaks protesters to defy police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

www.smh.com.au

More than 1000 WikiLeaks protesters have vowed to march through Sydney today despite being refused permission by police.

The march, which plans to go from Town Hall to the US consulate in Martin Place along George Street at 5.30pm, will cause more traffic problems after the Oprah Winfrey spectacular at the Opera House this morning.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The rally will be addressed by Mr Shoebridge, independent journalist Wendy Bacon and author Antony Lowenstein.

I don't think this protest will end well. A 7 days notice is supposed to be given for any protest, they gave only 1.

I'm in the middle of the whole Wikileaks situation. Truth and disclosure are good, but i'm sure it will be at a price, one that will effect everyone.

www.smh.com.au

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

I don't think this protest will end well. A 7 days notice is supposed to be given for any protest, they gave only 1.

Sometimes an injustice calls for a quick response..
I understand the 7 days notice for traffic control etc but I didn't know you had to give notice to act on your right of free speach..

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
If the public are to make any impression whatsoever, the marches and protests have to continue. Otherwise the government will just wait it out, people will go back to being hypnotised by Master Chef and the status quo will remain.

IRM

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oozii

www.smh.com.au

More than 1000 WikiLeaks protesters have vowed to march through Sydney today despite being refused permission by police.

The march, which plans to go from Town Hall to the US consulate in Martin Place along George Street at 5.30pm, will cause more traffic problems after the Oprah Winfrey spectacular at the Opera House this morning.

I don't think causing traffic problems is the best way to gain support for Assange. In fact, if I were jammed up over that I'd want to punch Assange in the face. Not that I would, but I'd want to.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by civilchallenger

I don't think causing traffic problems is the best way to gain support for Assange. In fact, if I were jammed up over that I'd want to punch Assange in the face. Not that I would, but I'd want to.

But the streets were blocked already today causing traffic jams etc so Oprah could pass through..
But I guess Oprah is more important...

top topics

join