It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stem Cell Transplant Cures HIV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

A 42-year-old HIV patient with leukemia appears to have no detectable HIV in his blood and no symptoms after a stem cell transplant from a donor carrying a gene mutation that confers natural resistance to the virus that causes AIDS, according to a report published Wednesday in the New England Journal of Medicine.

"The patient is fine," said Dr. Gero Hutter of Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin in Germany. "Today, two years after his transplantation, he is still without any signs of HIV disease and without antiretroviral medication."

Source

Next time a Republican tells you that stem cell research is wrong, slap'em in their cold disgusting face.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

She beat you to it my friend:

Stem Cells Cure Man's HIV!!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Nooooo.

Fair enough lol

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

A 42-year-old HIV patient with leukemia appears to have no detectable HIV in his blood and no symptoms after a stem cell transplant from a donor carrying a gene mutation that confers natural resistance to the virus that causes AIDS, according to a report published Wednesday in the New England Journal of Medicine.

"The patient is fine," said Dr. Gero Hutter of Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin in Germany. "Today, two years after his transplantation, he is still without any signs of HIV disease and without antiretroviral medication."

Source

Next time a Republican tells you that stem cell research is wrong, slap'em in their cold disgusting face.

Cheers.

Hmmm. Me thinks somebody needs to do a little research on the Republican Party and stem cell research. The Republican Party has never been against adult stem cell research, which is what this article is. Nice try though. I'll give you an 'E' for Effort.

new topics

top topics

join