It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new Al-Qaeda video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I have not seen it myself as none of the links to the new file work but it looks to me like a backlash from Al-Qaeda regarding the prison abuse images.

This video appears to be total propoganda though the video itself looks very well put together.

Here is the source the file links and images of the video are at the top of the screen.
www.hostinganime.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I'm downloading the zip files now.
I notice that's the same site that the Paul Johnson videos were put on.
This site may be taken down just as that one was.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The link's not working right now.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by muppet

The main link to the site is working for me.
I've downloaded all of the files exept wasaya_iraq.zip

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Originally posted by muppet

The main link to the site is working for me.
I've downloaded all of the files exept wasaya_iraq.zip

yeah that wasaya_iraq.zip is the latest file added. I cant seem to get it either. Mabee its being uploaded as we speak because only 7 hours ago those links were not on that site.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The koria1.zip is the beheading of the Korean Hostage, WMV format.
mawqef_karzay.zip is a 16 minute long audio file of a speech in Arabic, .rm format.
wasaya_iraq1.zip is a 30 minute long audio file of a speech in Arabic, .rm format.
wasaya_iraq2.zip is a 30 minute long audio file of a speech in Arabic, .rm format.

I still can't get the wasaya_iraq.zip

[edit on 4-7-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Checked 30 sec. of audio from wasaya_iraq1. Initial Reversed Speech is revealing. This is another US propaganda piece. Sounds like the same outfit that did Berg and Kim, since one of the participants in the Berg killing is mentioned by name. This is a real gem!

NUKZ YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY!

Now, since I don't know a word of Arabic, does anyone have a clue about what the message might be? I will check this thread periodically, hoping someone will post the answer.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Whatever these two audio messages are, they are being ignored by the media. Odd, since they will surely be from the "al-Zarkawi" group. Wonder if this means he is being phased out...

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Let me get this right..
You've reversed speech an ARABIC message to hear English? Hehehehehe...

d1k

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
These freaks are seriously screwed up. They rant and rave gods name while doing the worst possible crimes. Do these arabs/muslims have no bloody brains?

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Yes, Browha, you understand correctly.

Reversals are an unconscious communication medium, in the language in which the speaker is actually thinking. They are independent of the forward speech, except as the ideas being consciously expressed may trigger unconscious associations.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I dont believe in speech reversal.
I think it's utter crap.
The fact that you are trying to convince me that whenever we say something, if you record it and play it to yourself backwords, our subconscious is making us say something without knowing it, is absurd.
Let's take 'Hi My name is Bob'
how in God's name can you get 'I killed a hundred million people' from that?
Unless SR works in every single given case flawlessly, I will never believe it.
It's too open to people's opinions (objective?) and intrepretations, and the www.speechreversal.com website that gives examples does varying levels of editing, and uses power of suggestion to make you hear things.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
No problem, Browha. If you're interested you can simply try it on yourself, and then you'll have no doubt at all. You'll find that most speech reverses into gibberish - but when you hear a phrase pop out in your voice, and recognize the association that prompted it, you'll be amazed.

Not here to discuss the medium, though. Just using it to look for clues.

Still hoping someone can come up with the Arabic subject matter of those two audio files.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Yeah, but see, the thing is, it's like all the modern astrological things, like 'Today is your lucky day if your Virgo'... The things actually said are highly ambigious and open to your own intrepretation.
Unless it specifically says, e.g. Clinton 'I did not have Sexual relations with that woman' -> 'I made Monica kneel in the Oval Office', rather than 'I have had sex', then I'm not going to believe it.
Especially when the forward phrase and the reverse phrase are completely unrelated things, and ESPECIALLY when, as done in the Paul Johnson video I believe, there is a degree of slowing the speech down (Taking 7 seconds into 31 seconds) which means you're breaking something like 'apple' into 'an papual lee' or similar example.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Yes, you cannot simply take the first thing you hear, and assume you've got it right.

Thanks for the reminder about the Paul Johnson video. Those reversals are a little overdue for posting somewhere. I'll check on it. That one is a great demo for RS. Not long enough, though, to supply much good information.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I haven't downloaded any of these files, as, what good would it do me.

But I did notice something interesting, the links are duplicated, but the paths differ. Their all on the same server, but in different directories, iraqnews1, iraqnews2, & iraqnews3. If possible maybe someone should try to d'l all 3 of these and compare them to see if there is any difference.

Just saw on the ABC news a story about the release of these audio tapes. And they had a partial translation.

It appears that it is from the Zarqawi group, and that at least one of the messages is meant to inspire the troops. The other berates muslims who are appalled by the beheadings. That statement calls those muslims slaves.

[edit on 7/5/2004 by phreak_of_nature]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Thanks, P.O.N. - I appreciate the heads-up.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Here's what I have seen at this point. Of the 3 dirs, iraqnews1, iraqnews2, & iraqnews3 that the links point to, there are no longer at this point any files left in the iraqnews3 directory.

iraqnews1 contains 3 files wasaya_iraq1.zip, wasaya_iraq2.zip, & mawqef_karzay.zip.

iraqnews2 only contains wasaya_iraq1.zip, & wasaya_iraq2.zip

The files sizes of those I can compare, are the same both packed and unpacked.

I was unable to extract mawqef_karzay.zip as winzip apparently had problems with the arabic characters in the file name.

So... If there was any hidden messages, or operational instructions in these messages, my guess is that they were in the files that are now missing from the iraqnews3 directory.

I would keep checking NEIN to see if they can get a translation, and if any of it is relevant.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Thanks again, P.O.N -- I didn't realized I'd missed one until I saw your careful listing.

The mawqef_karzay.zip is a is another audio. I use WinRAR to unzip several file types, and it was able to unzip this one. This one has the best audio "presence" - sounds like the inside of a mosque. In fact all of them have a much more finished and professional feel to them, when compared to the group's amateurish efforts at video beheading.

The reason I mention this, is that the audio is really clear. This means that you don't have to be an expert to try reverse speech on these files. Backwards Arabic will sound like -- well, backwards Arabic. Won't make any sense at all. But since this guy is thinking in English, you will definitely get English reversals.

The reversals won't come as frequently as they did in the videos because the guy is relaxed now. Use the cursor in your sound editor to listen to only two or three words at time. You should find some good reversals fairly quickly.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
A correction - I don't think this is the same guy as the THREE I've worked with on the videos. His thought processes seem different. More interested in the fact that he's getting paid for reading the statement. However, he does refer to a key person in the Berg video, so I'm certain it's the same crew.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join