Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

How Would You End All Religions on This Planet?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Find a way to discredit thier leaders.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Oh COME ON!

Of course there is no PROOF of the existence of god!

That's why they call it FAITH...not FACT.

Directing people to a religious website to prove a religious view, is like getting beaten up by a policeman, and asking the same policeman to investigate the beating he'd just given you!

Grow up mate.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

If there were no religion...1/2 to 3/4 of the worlds wars would have never happened. Maybe religion is the Antichrist?? Think about that!

Incorrect. Wars have always been about resources and power over those resources. While religious ideology may be used as a tool for recruitment, inciting support for a war, etc., the real basis comes down to power over resources. Look at any conflict closely, and it won't be hard to identify what resources are in contention, and who is vying for power over them. Whether it's the crusades or the Gulf wars, there's always that base purpose.

You can't end a concept.

Even if an international law banned all religions, it would still pop up and be done in secret. The reason is simple, people like to band together, and they need a common set of beliefs and culture to do so. Whether it's pre-existing, or needs to be developed, it will manifest regardless. Even the absence of religion would then, in and of itself, BECOME a religion of sorts, with all of the good and the bad that comes with it.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
reply to post by rbilly001

I assume those 50-70 Mil deaths that you account for WW2 doesn't include any jews?

Or the fact that the Nazi's considered themselves to be god's chosen super race...like the Israeli's do today.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by micpsi
Directing people to a religious website to prove a religious view, is like getting beaten up by a policeman, and asking the same policeman to investigate the beating he'd just given you!

Nominating this for quote of the day.

link   
There is no way to end all religions on the planet. Religious/spiritual thinking is hard wired into the brain and there will subsequently always be superstitious beliefs. I am a hardcore anti-theist - I truly despise religion and superstition - but I can't imagine a world with religion eliminated as being somehow utopian.

link   
If you wee to end all religions, you probably would need an extinction of the whole human race. > yo will end up killing yourselves in the progress and leave the elite with what they want. a totalitarian utopia state wit like 100million population of lik minded individuals, wit alotta blood on their hands.

Ok so you want to prove religion dont exist by having the ultimate court debate, it will end with the non religious being unable to prove life. And if they wanted tehy would ask you to reate life yourself, synthetically without the use of reproductive system. And that will be the deadend.

Ok so you want UFOs to be used as proof to say religions are false. Well i got bad news for you fellas, Islam explains UFOs, ghosts, spirits etc etc with Djinns. Same wih Christianity saying Demons. The same way Jews would say prophet Solomon had command over Entities/spirts/djinns. Satanists will ofcourse side with you saying there are no UFOs etc, but behind closed doors they will continue their evocation/invocations summonings.

So for conclusion, will have to go back to basics... Armageddon anyone? But oh damn hasnt Religion prophesised that? Oh gosh what are to do :p

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Reality television.

-rrr

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

dont worry, we're going to slowly breed you out

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I must say the amount of people advocating genocide in this thread is appalling.

For civilization's sake, I fear you guys a lot more than I fear that old Catholic lady that ya'all want to shoot, blow up, irradiate, or gas to death, depending on the poster. Also with or without a lengthy torture session prior to Grandma's execution, depending on the poster.

And your reason? Atrocities committed in the name of religion!

Look in the damn mirror.

edit on 14-12-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by nastyj
If you wee to end all religions, you probably would need an extinction of the whole human race. > yo will end up killing yourselves in the progress and leave the elite with what they want. a totalitarian utopia state wit like 100million population of lik minded individuals, wit alotta blood on their hands.

Atheists don't want to kill off religious people, what you are hearing is from internet trolls, Christian trolls say the same things about us.

Ok so you want to prove religion dont exist by having the ultimate court debate, it will end with the non religious being unable to prove life. And if they wanted tehy would ask you to reate life yourself, synthetically without the use of reproductive system. And that will be the deadend.

How is it, exactly, that you would disprove life? The insanity of this statement blows my mind just thinking about it.

Ok so you want UFOs to be used as proof to say religions are false. Well i got bad news for you fellas, Islam explains UFOs, ghosts, spirits etc etc with Djinns. Same wih Christianity saying Demons. The same way Jews would say prophet Solomon had command over Entities/spirts/djinns. Satanists will ofcourse side with you saying there are no UFOs etc, but behind closed doors they will continue their evocation/invocations summonings.

Yea yea, years ago (according to some Christians) there was no possible way there could be such a thing as ET life, apparently now it has changed so it proves religion is right? I didn't get the memo that the meaning of our entire existence has changed, sorry.

So for conclusion, will have to go back to basics... Armageddon anyone? But oh damn hasnt Religion prophesised that? Oh gosh what are to do :p

No, like I said, Atheists don't want to kill you. Armageddon is one of YOUR fantasies, not ours.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
What we need are Logic Missionaries. We need thousands of logical people to go all over the world spreading the word about how illogical and contradictive most religions are. There was a study done recently, and I can't remember the name of the group that did it at the moment sorry, but it showed that the more people actually knew about religion the more likely they were to be atheist.

Seriously though, most of your hard core religious people have never even read the bible. They just believe what they are told and accept everything on faith.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Congrats to the OP for a very popular thread. Though it was not your intention, you bring up a suggestion that may be impossible to pull-off without violence or genocide but also one that many people feel is necessary.

I am merely for eliminating tax-breaks for religious institutions. If the religious institutions take people's money for saying a few words and pouding the pulpit they can also contribute to society's interests, not just their own.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
As an atheist, i see the value of religion, it keeps the proles in line and we need to give the comman man something to believe in. Why other atheists don't see that proves to me most atheists are anxiety-ridden liberals who believe in a revenge fantasy to give them purpose. Even if we could manage a global atheistic society, man's innate nature to want to believe in something higher than himself would cause us to create a pseudoreligion, with oddball liturgy.

As an answer to the OP, to eliminate religion it would have to be violent, unfortunately.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater...In all reality, mankind would be better off because of it.

One big fat LOL to that. I don't see how people like you, and nearly everyone else in this thread (but a few) haven't understood that all religion is, is a scapegoat. Take away religion, you'll allow another scapegoat to come into play. Like greed. Or power.

If a person doesn't kill for their religion, they'll kill for their greed.

Many of the idiotic responses here just show you how mentally unstable many of ATS'ers are.
(Kudo's to those of you who actually posted something worth while either for or against religion. Wish ATS had more of you.)

**Edit**
Left out the important closing line, religion isn't the problem. People are. (As you can see by this thread.)
edit on 14-12-2010 by Frontkjemper because: See **Edit**

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Why just go back several decades?
I wish that the library in Alexandria hadn't
been burned.It would be interesting to know
what we missed.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
I am getting so sick and tired of everyones' constant rantings
against christianity and all religions.Why don't you all decide
what to do about all of us "religious" nutjobs.
Go on,I dare you all! Just how would you end all religions on
this planet?
What would be your final solution to all persons of faith?

I don't really think that anyone has to specifically end it, I think it will be a natural step in the advancement of the human species at some future time (apparently that is not very soon). That is, if we don't manage to off ourselves first, and when I say 'we' I mean everyone else but me, but unfortunately I will have to die too probably if that happens. Going by my logic, that would seem to say that the sooner we all accept atheism without any gunplay, the better off we will be as a whole.

Atheism is one of those things like encouraging a young one to swim, you can't just throw them in the deep end without floats right away, but sooner or later they have to learn to swim.
edit on 14-12-2010 by RSF77 because: The guy who posted after me makes a very good point

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I'm curious what "Religious" is covering in this thread. How broad of an umbrella term are we using here? Are you including universalists, what about people who are spiritual but not necessarily religious in the 'biblical' sense of the word?

It's not so much religion/belief that is the problem... it's the Church, the corporation that has distorted the faith. Faith itself doesn't do much, however once you mix fear and guilt into the mix - which is what the Church has done, and continues to do in their bid to control - then people start getting a little crazy.

I watched a debate once. The debate was "Islam is a religion of peace" there was a for and an against side. One of the debaters on the against side said something that I found very interesting. She said No monotheistic religion can be a religion of peace because they believe theirs is the only religion. One of their primary functions is to convert everyone else. If there is more than ONE monotheistic religion in the world (which there is) then there will always be conflict because there will always be the "my religion is more right than your religion" fighting.

It is not RELIGION that's the problem, it's the intolerance that is the problem - Intolerance that is encouraged and fueled by the Church (who's goal it is to assimilate everyone under the one banner of control through fear and guilt). If everyone could grasp the concept of all religions being sacred and valued paths to the divine, and that lack of a belief was in no way a threat to them or their relationship with that divinity, people would be a lot more accepting and peaceful.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Really simple answer, stop introducing religion and santa clause at age one and start with 2 or 3 foreign languages and higher education. Within a generation this mythical god would be gone, but so too would the devil and his legion i keep hearing about and still have not seen

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
In order to kill off ALL religious beliefs and faith in a higher intelligence you would have to kill every man woman and child on the planet. Every culture has some belief system and most people have at least a question in their own mind about the subject.

Even this extreme action might not do it. What if other species also have similar thoughts being communicated between themselves that we're not capable of understanding. Dolphin and Elephants are two that come to mind as being intelligent enough to have such beliefs.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join