It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would You End All Religions on This Planet?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

No it wouldn't people are too stubborn and ignorant to change their religion/drop their religion.. They would just say whatever proof you have is fake or God is testing us or something.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by S3ns1bl3

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
There will always be violence amongst human beings, violence is a part of humanity. It is inhuman to not be violent in one way or another.

This is a very important point and one that is completely lost on about 90% of all people. People forget we are nothing more than animals with higher brain functions, Violence is PART OF WHO WE ARE, OF WHAT WE ARE. Dont get me wrong it has been "perverted" I am disgusted frequently by the type of violence that a "acceptable" nowadays. (One of our biggest universal flaws is thinking we are somehow "better" than all the other animals on this planet)

This is why my blood boils when I watch cops beat kids protesting while other kids are trying to stop the violence!!

Im sorry but despite popular beleif, there is not many thing violence cannot solve! Peacefull protest has never, EVER changed anything! (EVER, its made pop stars a lot of money & publicity, but thats about it)

The people in power use violence against us on a whim, we need to realise it is OUR RIGHT to use that same violence to protect oursevles!

If you want rights you get them the same way TPTB got them, YOU TAKE THEM.

The decline in religion could be why more people are ready to rise up, religion is wearing off and lets be honest armour clad riot cops are not as nearly as scary as a huge, ominpresent, all powerfull being!

edit on 14-12-2010 by S3ns1bl3 because: Spelling

edit on 14-12-2010 by S3ns1bl3 because: ^^

edit on 14-12-2010 by S3ns1bl3 because: Spelling

Actually peaceful protest HAS made a difference.. Ghandi and Martin Luther King are both examples of people who used peaceful protest to bring about change..

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Id put CCTV every where and track everything people do online and all so controll what they watch on tv and see in the media.

This way you wont have to tell people that if they do something bad they will go to hell to stop them doing bad things, you can just catch them when they do do bad things and this will put people off, and as for controlling what people see, that might help condition them into behaving a certain way.
edit on 14-12-2010 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Disclosure and education. These two things can abolish religion.

Who says E.T. life contradicts with religions, let's say Islam? You people are sick. While reading ths topic I constantly thought of Hitler. So much ignorance, and yet people have "deny ignorance" as their avatars and signatures. Yeah, right.

America, you're #ed up. Big time.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Originally posted by mamabeth
I am getting so sick and tired of everyones' constant rantings against christianity and all religions.

Then don't read them.

Why don't you all decide what to do about all of us "religious" nutjobs.

Hmmm...I think we should let you do as you wish so long as you don't impose your religion upon us.

Go on,I dare you all!

Um...I just did.

Just how would you end all religions on this planet?

Gradually. Atheism is gaining ground very quickly, especially in the western world. We'll just let people make up their minds and keep the discourse going. We'll keep criticizing religion and theism. If we keep the discussion going, if we let people know that atheists aren't all amoral individuals who don't care about anyone, we might make a bigger mark than we already have.

What would be your final solution to all persons of faith?

Live and let live and wait and see.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Force you all to worship me, or sacrifice you to appease me.

Now fetch me my grapes and waft me with a cool breeze, my children.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I learned something very important from the RDS years ago...

"Right handed beliefs" - Organized religion (Christianity, Islam, Satanism, etc): lead by an elite ruling religious class, and its followings are masses (represented as sheep).

"Left handed beliefs" - Occult knowledge (Magik, Alkemy, etc): individual journey with little to no control over your path as you make up your own path (represented by a goat).

Sheep will always have a herd mentality, because they have strength in numbers. Alone, they cannot do much for themselves except eat, sh*t, and end up as food. They need a shepherd to guide them. Goats, however, usually walk alone and make their own path.

RDS also promotes the neutral notion that both paths end up at the same destination... but in my opinion, this is only if you are truly devoted. In modern organized religion, regular followers barely even understand the spiritual aspect of their journey because they leave it up to a preacher (or what have you) to do all of the studying and interpretation. Then churches ask for donation, and for you to help them expand by spreading pamphlets and knocking on doors. It has turned from a real religious experience into some spiritual token that a lot of followers take for granted.

So in my opinion, when it comes time for people to really be judged on their spiritual ability, there's going to be a lot of followers falling straight off of the path because of pure ignorance. What can be done to end religions? It is biblical prophecy itself, and has happened before; the ones who are spiritually adept will have the will to survive, while those who don't, will not.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
No one on this planet is ever going to be able to do it , beings from another world need to show up and do it , and even then that might not work

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Haven't read the thread to be honest, please forgive me if this has been said already.

The answer to the OP's question of how would i deal with all the religious 'nutjobs' (his words, although i agree it's a form of mental illness) is a simple one.

I would (if i had the power to do so) reveal all the secret knowledge, buried for decades (at least) regarding ET's and their role in our development over the millennia to illustrate to even the most insane among the religious that their belief is nothing more than misinterpretations compounded by time, repetition and embellishment of ET related events throughout our history.

That should settle the religious side of things, although the hard core 'nutjobs' will probably still be in denial of the glaringly obvious, and form breakaway religious cults to ease their ego's and assuage their fear of absolute permanent non-existence, death.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Not had time yet to read all of the thread but my idea would be to not allow religious teachings to anyone under the age of say.......13. Let's face it, 'most' people are brainwashed into in when they are kids, I know we get exceptions of course.

If people think it would stop mankind fighting if religion was abolished then they're way off, we'd just find something else to bitch abut with each other. Anyone seen that South Park double episode? With the different athiest sects fighting each other? It's a classic!!!

link   

Originally posted by Condemned1990
I would torture and then slaughter all religious people, especially christians. That's my honest answer.

A shining example of why this world is so screwed up and kids have 8 tattoos, $100 sneakers and no job. I wouldn't do anything about you my friend; you are on the path to taking care of yourself. Bye.

link   
Nervgas and alot of it too. Just check who is a beliver and then hand out gasmasks and pills to the non belivers and let the gas do its jobb. After that Burn every single document of that religions ever existed. End of story and everybody will be happy. But wiping out all religeons will never be possible.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Gather big world army with oil tankers ready,bulldozers by the 100s trucks by the 1000s,go to all religious sites EG mecca,Jerusalem etc.
Blow them up,bulldoze rumble to trucks,take to big oil tankers,deposit rubble at bottom of Marianas trench.
Return to cleared sites,spread anthrax,radiation liberally and vacated the area.
nothing to worship ,no shrines Zilch.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Monstret

But wiping out all religeons will never be possible.

Bit of a waste murdering billions of human beings then really, isn't it?

I'm not religious at all...never have been (never believed in Santa or the tooth fairy either), and get so fed up of the continual indoctrination of very young children into these religious cults, and actually see it as a form of child abuse, albeit mental abuse.

It's strange really, cause although i regard religious people as basically pathetic and ignorant people, unwilling or unable to properly reason, and as much as that infuriates me sometimes, i do have quite a lot of pity for them too.

So, although i consider them brainwashed and ignorant (in this respect), i wouldn't want any of them to come to actual bodily harm.

Just because i am not a religious dribbling sheep, i have compassion and respect for life. I have empathy for people, and do not advocate violence or cruelty against people or animals.

You don't have to believe in or pray to an imaginary airy fairy bloke in the sky, to be a good and caring human being.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
Scientific proof of course. Hell, I could almost do it now. There's no proof of any religious principle I've heard yet. So many are simply falsified or so deeply grounded in resistance to change and advancing science that they're obsolete and pointless already.

That's your problem. You base your opinion on your ignorance of what has been proved. That's like a high-school student rejecting cutting-edge theories in particle physics even though he has not read any of the research literature.

If you want rigorous, mathematical evidence for the reality of God and the imprint of His "signature", so to speak, in matter (no speculation, no theories, just hard, mathematical facts about sacred geometries and their encoding of scientific theories and facts), spend the next six months or more studying the 52 research articles at

smphillips.8m.com...

as well as the amazing material to be found on this website.

There IS an alternative to the teachings of organized religions. There IS an alternative to the meaningless universe discovered by science. There IS an alternative to your complacent, know-it-all attitude,

TRUTH.

You will find it at this website.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

Lets look at a few recent wars that were not religious or anti religion
French Revolution: 18,500-40,000 deaths reign of terror included
Napoleonic wars: 2.5-3.5 million deaths
Crimea war: 145,000 deaths
Russo Japan war: 87,000
World War 1: 37 Mill
Russian revolution: 2000
World War 2: 50-70 Mil
Korean War: 2-4 Mil including Civs
Vietnam war: 1.5-4 Mill

Seems to me that the politicians are just as bad as religion when it comes to war. People in power will exploit the people's interest in order to go to war, it doesn't matter if its religion, financial, pride, oil, lack of religion, political view, ect.
People want to hate religion so bad, they want to blame it for everything that is bad. I don't buy in to organised religion but I also don't care what someone else believes. Every person is free to believe what they want. Just because someone doesn't believe in what you do does not make them dumb ro ignorant, it just means they had a different experience in life.

Wars will happen regardless of religion. Some predict that water will be the cause of the future major conflicts.

We also have people saying they would kill all people believing in religion. Really? How hypocritical is that. when the main complaint is that religion has caused so many wars by killing people who believed in a different ideology, your answer is to kill those people because they dont believe the same thing you do. Answers like these just go to show that some people's arrogance has blinded them.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by typwar

Your right of course. One day the truth will be known (and it's not aliens I'm talking about), and if it happens in one big event, or revelation, the violence will horrendous.

We were robbed.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened

Originally posted by Condemned1990
There has not been one, single massacre in history caused by atheist groups.

Except everyone killed by the Soviets.

And the millions murdered by the atheist nations of China, Viet Nam, Cuba... Atheists: The missionaries of materialism. It is good for everyone to see who they are in this thread.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Well i do belive in god, but I just wanted to see what everybody else would say
not that I would use Nervgas but I that would probebly work

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by rbilly001

I assume those 50-70 Mil deaths that you account for WW2 doesn't include any jews?

Originally posted by sara123123
And the millions murdered by the atheist nations of China, Viet Nam, Cuba... Atheists: The missionaries of materialism. It is good for everyone to see who they are in this thread.

Those aren't atheist nations except maybe Vietnam, but that's irrelevant anyways. You need to explain yourself more thoroughly, saying vague and incorrect statements like that isn't doing the religious any good when we try to account for their intelligence.
edit on 14-12-2010 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join