It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would You End All Religions on This Planet?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
Killing all religious people and burning their associated texts would be a solution to the religion problem.

In all reality, mankind would be better off because of it.

No mankind would not be better off for it but they would become Hitlers killing people for thier thoughts beliefs and associations. The vast majority of religious people are not harming anyone yet you would murder them for thier beliefs. religion would just go underground like has many times before and be bolstered.

Religion will end itself when Humanity evolves enough to move on and it has served it's purpose. Murdering innocent people for their religion would make you monsters. It is not religion that is responsible for the bad things done in its name it is ignorant people who are responsible.

luckily most religious people have moved on from the days or murdering people for thier supposed errant beliefs and now some here are advocating going back to such a thing is amazing.

Those that would truly advocates such a course of action are enemies of freedom!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
abolish money. FIXED

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned1990
I would torture and then slaughter all religious people, especially christians. That's my honest answer.

Wow, why all the hostility? What did Christians do to you to make you so hateful?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Simple, as predicted the release of the artifacts from under the sphinx would end or confirm all religions. It contains our history and was found early this year yet you and I have herd nothing of what was pulled up.

This is true in many cases in history as humans manage and pass the info as they seem fit. The winners wright history and the losers died with the truth. We will never truly know the history of the earth as it is much older than any religion... and so are dinosaurs but there not in any religion.

So without being shown or told proof I would have to go on the religion of god created earth, then life... but not life as we are today but giant forms of life. These where not demon's but dino's.

And under this old religion that I just realized I shall name it by no name as it was not mine nor anyones to be named nor claimed nor filed on tax forms. Not fought over, not campaigned for just it is what it is. Don't live in the past, build for a future or become part of the past.
edit on 14-12-2010 by robbinsj because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Here's my tin-foil hat answer; first, I would have the E.T do all the miracle-extraodinary-biblical-god powered-work.....after every fundamental-literal religious people
(really want to use a harsh word) kneel down and worship then the E.T would bring out the truth...that they are and have been the ones guiding us from the begining (when we were still cavemen or just being made(by them)).

Another answer is that I believe even when we attained immortality and ascended to 8th dimension we would still worship something or someone.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
My friend,

I HAVE ended all religions,
I dont acknowledge they excist,
Its not part of my life,
What are we talking about again?

Be safe be well,

Spiro

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Simple! Have one religion for all.

All thinking we are POSITIVE internal spirits which what all religions teach. When we pass our internal spirit returns to a higher energy than earth produces for us all. Earth has been full of wars due to different beliefs. If we all thought for eachother under the same bracket we will all respect, love and have faith in ourselves and others no matter what skin colour or racial background.

Some posts on here stating that they would kill certain people are exactly what we are trying to rid the earth with!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
There will always be violence amongst human beings, violence is a part of humanity. It is inhuman to not be violent in one way or another.

If there is no religion, people will find another thing to embrace and fight for, as people need something to fight for to have any meaning in life, ESPECIALLY without a religion. I can see it now; 100 years in the future, people fighting over which "method" of atheism is best. Reminds me of that south-park episode.

I'm an "atheist" by the way. Granted we're throwing labels around, i'll go as far to instead call myself a "post-theist". Religion is losing its grasp as a method to explain things we could not explain before, and eventually will be un-needed. But the violence will continue anyway.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Permanently Exile them to someplace far from civilised people.. Let them slaughter each other over their primitive superstition rather than them slaughtering innocent people as they do now.. World and Humanity would be better off with them exiled...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I am amazed at how many atheists here are so much like Jesus Christ in their opinions about "religions". I'm actually glad to see it, and somewhat appreciative of you calling out the "religious".

You're right, the religious are overbearing, prideful, hypocritical, murderous, selfish, and use their "religion" as a means to divide and to control. Religion ultimately destroys. I believe I read someone comparing religion to the anti-Christ, and I would have to somewhat agree with you because religion enslaves.

If any of you have read the Gospels (yes, you can read the Bible w/o having to be Christian. It won't miraculously close shut and lock on you because you've blasphemed against God, nor will your hands burst into flames), Jesus did call out the religious because of their all of the above mentioned qualities. In fact, it seems to me at least half of each Gospel is a battle between Jesus and the religious hypocrites, whom he called a "brood a vipers". Jesus also hated bankers too, but that's another topic.

I obviously can't reiterate everything He said nor throw verses at you, but to simplify things Jesus asked to first, love God, and second, to love each other and be compassionate. He lived His teachings by feeding the hungry, healing the sick, and hanging out with and loving the "low lifes" of His time. To give you a simple modern day example, think of Jesus hanging with pimps, drug dealers, prostitutes, and (for the the Cali, USA folks) smokers and those who don't recycle!!! Unfortunately, some of the Christian fundamentalists have forgotten Jesus' message and works, but instead they scream "GAWWWWD this" and "GAWWWWWD that" and use the Bible as a club to beat and harm others. In fact, when they are done attacking atheists, their next favorite target are other Christians! Unbelievable!!! Furthermore, they make up ridiculous rules that aren't even in or contrary to the Bible and use fear as a means to bring people to faith. In the extreme, the religious would allow the murder of millions.

I've read a lot of hatred towards Christians, but before putting us in a torture chamber or on a firing line, at least understand there are those who are deeply faithful, and would not lift a hand against you nor speak ill of you because we truly try to follow Jesus as written in the Bible. Also, be wary of becoming the "religious hypocrite" by your hatred towards those you would accuse of being hateful. Furthermore, many claim Christians to be ignorant, yet I wonder who has actually studied the Bible to speak with deep understanding about the Christian faith.

Take care and God bless.

edit on 14-12-2010 by Sanctus because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2010 by Sanctus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

So,is reading my posts funnier than the
sunday morning funnies?
I really liked this one

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Condemned1990

By reading your posts,I was wondering if you
thought you were applying for the position of
a storm trooper!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Ending all religion is simply not an option. There are far too many poorly educated people in the world and religion is an easy comfort zone to explain the profoundly complicated workings of the universe.
To the "kill them all" posters who think the faithful should be wiped out, don't stoop to their level, you're making the rational thinkers among us look bad.
Faith is nothing to be proud of. Put simply "faith" is actively not thinking, not questioning what you're being told, just because "it's always been that way"
As a society we should have moved past the need for religion, but we haven't and, while sad that so many are wasting energy they could be using experiencing life now, it is the world we live in.
So if you want to believe in a floating elephant with loads of arms or a two thousand year old zombie jew, that's your poragitive. But don't just assume that you're right and everyone else is wrong.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
IMO this is not the proper question to ask...! Religions are not the problem, people are!!
The correct question inside this topic would must be: " How to end the fanaticism in all forms of religion!?"
Just because some religious groups turn to fanaticism,and others twist the religion dogmas just to obtain mass control and power, that do not means that the inteire religion must pay!
Just some ones are the criminals here, not all of them. Religion is not the problem! People are the problem!

edit on 14/12/10 by Umbra Sideralis because: Typos

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
All the Posts in this thread assume that there is a "Human" generated solution to ending Religion. What if GOD had a way of ending Religion as we know it today, particularly Christian Religion -- the most permissive – “I’m OK, you are OK” -- of Religions?

GOD has decided to do just that. He has created a hidden language -- hidden in the English Language -- the translations uncovered by this hidden language will destroy Christianity.

See the websites listed in my Profile.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
There will always be violence amongst human beings, violence is a part of humanity. It is inhuman to not be violent in one way or another.

This is a very important point and one that is completely lost on about 90% of all people. People forget we are nothing more than animals with higher brain functions, Violence is PART OF WHO WE ARE, OF WHAT WE ARE. Dont get me wrong it has been "perverted" I am disgusted frequently by the type of violence that a "acceptable" nowadays. (One of our biggest universal flaws is thinking we are somehow "better" than all the other animals on this planet)

This is why my blood boils when I watch cops beat kids protesting while other kids are trying to stop the violence!!

Im sorry but despite popular beleif, there is not many thing violence cannot solve! Peacefull protest has never, EVER changed anything! (EVER, its made pop stars a lot of money & publicity, but thats about it)

The people in power use violence against us on a whim, we need to realise it is OUR RIGHT to use that same violence to protect oursevles!

If you want rights you get them the same way TPTB got them, YOU TAKE THEM.

The decline in religion could be why more people are ready to rise up, religion is wearing off and lets be honest armour clad riot cops are not as nearly as scary as a huge, ominpresent, all powerfull being!

edit on 14-12-2010 by S3ns1bl3 because: Spelling

edit on 14-12-2010 by S3ns1bl3 because: ^^

edit on 14-12-2010 by S3ns1bl3 because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

I am an event planner and floral designer.
I will never allow you to make the "punch".

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I don't think it's possible to kill a religion, without killing mankind itself.

That's my opinion anyway...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
All the religious people need is an education. One that includes AT LEAST basic math, physics, chemistry, biology, astronomy and human psychology.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Disclosure and education.

These two things can abolish religion.

Imagine if the vatican would open its archives to the world so that everybody could see them for the liers they are or if you would teach people the turth that the world is not 10 000 years old and that evolution is the engine of our planets life and not creation ...

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join