It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would You End All Religions on This Planet?

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

People think god is their personal Santa,

Thanks is the correct form of prayer.

Everything is natural, everything is supernatural, maybe we are just here to learn.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Then this would be the case for animals too?

Man thought earthquakes, volcanoes and storms were "supernatural" until we learnt that we live on a heating and cooling planet.

And i ask you, what are the starving children in Africa supposed to be learning?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

And i ask you, what are the starving children in Africa supposed to be learning?

I asked my mom that question fifty years ago,

If we were all doing our job there would be no starving.

edit on 033131p://bFriday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I see you point and i understand that if we worked together there would be no starvation. If we formed a resource based economic society.

I will re-structure my question; i think you undestand what i am getting at.

The andromeda gallaxy is on a collision course with ours, ultimately it will cause chaos and destruction (beautiful as it looks). It will result in the death and destruction of all civilisation, all life here on earth.

What is the lesson to be learnt? What about when the Sun gets too hot, boils our oceans, kills all life?

What is there to learn? What is the "moral" - Don't be born into a world of randomness and chaos?
edit on 17/12/10 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

Why is it people say religion is something manmade instead of spiritual and then say without religion there would be no wars. WW1 (no religion involved). WW2 (no religion involved). Vietnam (no) Korea both then and soon (nope). Desert Storm (nope). Boer War (no). Maori wars (Nope) Wars between indian tribes (nope not religion either) and many many more.

It is always about territory or power. Where does religion come into war except the war people wage against it with their mouths. This thing about religion is so spiritual and proven by the fact that people get so worked up over it to the point of anger and violence to prove it?

How can go look at some peoples faces who are so twisted and angry in their belief that religion is false that they'd almost kill you to prove it?

Joh Campbell in NZ is one who has a problem thats internal it's so obvious on camera it's almost funnyif it weren't so sad.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

Now that's what I have been saying all along. This "Devil" is suppose to con everyone into believing in him right? So how do we know that this "God" everyone is praising isn't really their "Devil" deceiving them? We don't because religion is a state of mind. These "Gods" never existed and now that the age of enlightenment is upon us the truth needs to be told. There has been enough bloodshed over who is holier then who, and for what? A fictitious character? You may as well be worshiping Bugys Bunny and Big Foot...

The Antichrist was never said to be a person in the first place. For all we know government "IS" the real Antichrist. Hell we all know they lie, cheat, steal and corrupt everything they are involved with. Who is to say they aren't the ones leading us astray?

See you religious people never stop to think about why you do what you do besides "faith" but it's good, right? So you feel that your rules should be put into law and have sneaked your way into our lives. Well I raised my kids to believe in themselves and not some ancient children's story meant to scare your mind into submission. Your weak minded and borderline insane IMO. You talk to a "God" who hears you but you can't hear him? These days they throw people in loony bins for that. But if I say Satan is talking to me I'm the nut? Well I would be but you get the picture. How hypocritical is that?

Live in peace and harmony. Who cares what others believe in? Do you yell at people who don't like sports? No? Well how about if they drive a Chevy and you drive a Nissan? Of course not. So why do you care so much what others think? This is just another way to turn people against each other. Do not fall into their trap. They do not care anything about us. All they care about is power and we are not in their future plans. Me personally do not believe in religion but most of my friends do. We chat about it all the time and never fight or make rules about what others should say. Hell some of them aren't even suppose to be hanging around me because of what I believe. We could care less. We are all friends with different beliefs. I think it would be a great accomplishment for them to come out and say "Ha, we fooled ya", but that's just me. Anything so secretive can't be good.

Now let's turn the Vatican upside down and find out what they have been hiding... I'm taking bets on who has held back more... The Government or the Church... My bet is on the Church...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

Really? Not religious huh? Try telling that to the Jews & Palestines... just to name a few... On the surface it may appear to not have anything to do with religion but if you look at the heart of the problems then you will see the truth. If you check your history I'm sure you will find ALL the past wars (not just in our lifetime) were fought over different religious views.

Don't be so naive...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

You can't say that without religion there would be no wars. But it certainly would cause a lot less tension between society. A lot less prejuduce and hatred. A lot less time wasted praying to the invisible and more time learning, improving our lives.

Here's an example, someone believes in the doctrines of Islam, they see someone eating pork. Autmomatically they look down on that person because they are not doing the will of God. They may feel "superior" to them. I ask you is this right? And the worst thing, there's no evidence that the ancient book written by man is infact really what God wants. So who's right Zeus? Ra? Odin? Allah? Yahweh? Shiva?

Look throughout history my friend, all the religious wars and conflict, and still it remains as violent today as it has done so far. Now it's worse, we have technology and weaponisation of civilisations. Should this fall into the hands of the wrong people, they could take matyrdom and jihad to a whole new level. For doesn't their dogma condemn the non-believers. You've seen them bombing churches and slandering Jews?

What good is this religion for a stable society? It's nonsense.

It comes from a time when man didn't even know that he existed in a solar system, let alone how his existence was created in the first place. Man was ignorant, and lacked knowledge of our reality.

Look what science has done in 100 years, look what democracy has done. Freedom of women, freedom of gays, of women, of other races. If we still lived by religious dogma in our goverment we would be living like North Korea is now. In a totalitarian dictatorship, ruled by a fictious character in an ancient book.

What more do you want me to say? It poisons us and consumes us.

Faith is the most overrated virtue of humanity.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Hey you! Yes, you, make me a cup of coffee!!! Give me your money!! Wash my car!!
OK, so what I'm trying to establish here is that no one likes to be told what to do, or how to think.
But that is exactly what religions have been designed for, control on various levels.
How do you eliminate religions? You explain & demonstrate to people why, how & by whom religions were started, especially the why, if people knew why they were led into believing fairy tales about mythical figures they might re-think following them. I hate to coin this phrase, but the truth really is out there, & we are being denied the truth for various reasons that I wont go into.
People can be such sheep sometimes: In Glasgow Scotland, they have two soccer teams, Celtic & Rangers. Celtic has a catholic following & Rangers protestant. It is my understanding that the sectarianism was orchestrated 120 years ago to ensure the financial success of both clubs, & although the people who started this are long dead, we have teenagers who've probably never have been to church in their life perpetuating this crap. Strong willed Scottish kids who don't like being told what to do or how to think.
As for what the truth about existence is, I don't think you're ready for that.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I would simply ask God to come quickly and put an end to all religions, all causes for contention and all wars.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

As an atheist, i still no have right intellectually to say i KNOW that God doesn't exist. But i'd like to think if he does (which i DOUBT) then if he saw us he would look down in pity because of what we have become because of the dogma that man could never prove, the dogma of organised religion.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisturbedToo
reply to post by mamabeth

I would have our alien brothers reveal themselves. Disclosure will eliminate 90% of religion!

I think the percentage would be higher 99.999%

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by sinohptik

you really dont understand what i am trying to get at with that?

Finally something we can agree on.
edit on 16/12/10 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

That is vastly interesting to me. Its too bad you arent willing to actually have a discussion about it.

I would really be interested in picking your brain to figure out where this disconnect comes from though, as its probably my main curiosity when it comes to human psychology. Ill still try, hoping that maybe someone else will reply, or maybe you are willing to actually talk about things? Certainly havent been so far... Like i said to someone else earlier (i think anyway), its like your mind is just taking you for a ride here, friend. I may be saying words like "religion" that you dont like, but i dont personally see much difference between you and those you despise. I am inquiring about what i perceive to be your religion and belief system, despite what you may personally categorize them as, this is how i see it, with my eyes. No offense meant to you or any others. You religious people are always so serious about these things
(in context its funny, dont deny it

All kidding aside, im curious how everyone else sees the world, as well as how i experience it. I have asked a lot of questions to you, none answered. Of interest, that is one anomaly i see. Those that you despise are much more open to discussion about these matters, or at least seem to be. All i see from "your kind" (made me chuckle, had to use it myself!) is thoughts on those thoughts. Id like to see you think for yourself, or at the very least, just speak for yourself. I am not interested so much in your beliefs based off of doubt of others beliefs, or arguing perspective (if i wanted to piss in the wind, i had plenty of opportunity today
). i want to know how you see the world, more specifically its mysteries, and not defined by others beliefs. Is there also a major disconnect there?

I have some questions for the "atheists" in general as awake and aware hasnt been open to them (which is a trend i have noticed in my experience)... Or just thinks im some tool who doesnt know how to use words
Either way, or both ways, same result: questions i am curious about not answered! (pun?
). From me, there will be no arguments, no debate, no commentary, nothing other than a "thank you for sharing your perspective."

Do you truly feel you have no beliefs? Would someone be willing to expand on that?
What is the outlook then? Meaning, do you "know" everything you "know," instead of "believing" everything you "know?" And then when you "know" that you "dont know," you change?
If the above is the case, how does one "know" they "know" in the first place?
If i were to say that "Not making a decision is still making a decision," how would one apply such idealogy to atheism?
Could God exist? i dont know why this one is so avoided/ignored...
What personal searching for "god" have you done?
Who/what told you what god is or is not?
How i see it, without evidence, saying "There is no God" is exactly the same as saying "There is a God." Two sides of the same coin. How does the atheist feel he/she are more correct in their "conclusion without evidence" than the "religious" person they so despise?

Once again, from me there will be no debate, arguments, or even clarification. Just a "thank you for your perspective." I obviously do not speak for others though

edit on 17-12-2010 by sinohptik because: tactical smiley encroachment

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

Oh i really am, I've started up a thread and i'm happy to discuss and answer all questions and respond to any arugments as honestly as possible.

Join me.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I think He does pity us, for our struggle in the learning of it, of evolving, growing in understanding of the Universe, of Life, of Ourselves. Each and All.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Some atheists are okay with torturing the religious. Some atheists want to end all religions.

Some christians support the merge of church and state. Some christians think it's their duty to try and convert those who don't want to convert. Some christians think killing is justifiable, or that following the mosiac laws is a necessity.

I'm sorry, but the idea that you have to purge all religion, through violence if necessary, sounds like you have to first believe religions are false and that sounds like an atheist or deist mindset to me.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

The prejudice of wanting to torture and kill relgiious people is not tied with a lack of belief in something. People don't kill in the name of Atheism.

Atheists don't hate individual people or think they are sinners, Atheists oppose the ideology of Theism, Atheists, by their own conclusive lack of believe should ask for reason or rationality when committing an act or supporting an ideology, whoever wants to torture other or kill other humans is not acting on the grounds of reason, they are acting out of passion, adrenalin and irrationality, not reason. The same rationality of sexism, racism, homophobia; Irrational hatred. No reason other than a name or a label.

I don't know many true Atheists with a good argument who would support torture or harm to anyone, let alone Religious people. That would be hypocritcal of the prejudice they claim that religious causes.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Well, I'm religious and I don't hate atheists. Just because everyone is a sinner doesn't mean I hate them. Some people do kill because of religion, and some people do kill because of aversion to religion. Sounds like you want to have your cake and eat it to--that the inquisition or crusades was committed by christians but that the persecution of the religious wasn't committed by atheists. When you're a fanatic, religious or not, you do amoral things.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I wouldnt destroy all the religions on earth, they eventually destroy themselves. Name one religion which has stood the test of time, and has remained true to its core.

As the world becomes more scientific, and as more people become equipped to critically think, the religious indocrination will eventually die out with every passing generation. It happens with anything that is not true. When someone has to claim to be part of a certain herd, you can guarantee that the ideology is based on lies. For example: Do you believe in Zeus? Of course you dont. But, do you need to go to a church every week to convince yourself that you dont believe in Zeus? Of course you dont. Because believing that Zeus isnt real, is the truth. so you dont need to reinforce true ideas, they are just simply true. The reason why people go to church, is to receive the psychological indoctrination of a belief system, and the reason why you have to go week after week, is because it is not true, so you need to continuously reinforce your beliefs. These beliefs are so fragile, that one must surround themselves with a supportive system of people who share their similar belief systems, anyone who is atheist or has different of opposing views is automatically threatening to their ignorance. The insecurity is so rampant that every religious person feels its their obligation to convert everyone to their specific beliefs, i mean, if everyone believes, they cant all be wrong.... right?

There is no argument for religious belief that hasnt been refuted. however the common arguments for religious beliefs are:

1. energy cannot be created or destroyed (The first law of thermodynamics) so therefore there must be an original energy source, God

- this is the strongest argument for belief in a God, because this is the only argument for god which is based on a fact. however it doesnt prove anything, and certainly doesnt prove any particular belief system. And if christianity hadnt killed all the brilliant minds and restricted science as it has, we would have this answer today

2. Mankind is an enigma.

- though we do have some high tech gadgets today, we really dont vary from all of the other animals, espcially when it comes to behavior and social tendencies. Really, everything that we think is so wonderful and unique about humanity comes from one thing.... self awareness. From self awareness, comes the ego, the desire of a personality, language, communication, Other creatures have self-awareness, Dolphins see themselves in a mirror, wereas your household pets do not. When you really think about it, self awareness is the basis of everything, including religion. Here i am, i exist, i have an ego, certainly there must be a God who looks like me. Squares dont believe in triangle gods.

3. The existence of morailty.

Now its easy to say that most if not all people would rather be hugged then punched in the face. As our species has developed, those who worked together, hunted together, created social groups survived. Its a common understanding that those who work together are better off. The big common morals, are based off of that, helping, caring, respecting one another.

As for morality being associated with religion, the most unmoral book i have ever read is the Bible. it is filled with hainous acts and crimes against humanity, which would make you average child raping priest blush. Genocide, infanticide, rape, selling daughters as sex slaves, slavery, these are not only found in the bible, these are things that god supports.

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46)

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11)

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. (Deuteronomy 22:28-29) (What kind of psychopath would make a rape victim marry her rapist? Answer:God)

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12)

If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13)

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19)

I can go on and on, i hope you get the point, the bible is a savage brutal book. Christians like to argue the point that Jesus came down to earth to abolish the new old laws, and establish the new kingdom and laws. However lets not forget, that Jesus was Jewish and wouldve been indoctrinated by the Bible.Jesus believed that the scripture was divinely inspired, often saying its the word of god, ‘The Scripture cannot be broken’ (John 10:35), He also indicated that it was indestructible: ‘Until Heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass away from the law, until all is accomplished’ (Matthew 5:18). Dont change a thing, its perfect. Plus this argument that jesus came to change the laws, kinda puts god in a box, for if god is all perfect, loving, knowing etc etc, who could he mess up the old testament so bad, only to have to send down his right hand man to fix his mistakes.

4 - There is intelligent order and design in the universe

On the surface, this looks to be the case, but in actual fact, the universe is random and chaotic. RIght now as we speak, there is some parasite in your body trying to kill you, and your immune system has fought it off. Everytime you breathe you are dying, anytime you do anything, your body is breaking down, and the forces of teh universe are trying to kill you. Quantum physics is completly random and choatic, Astronomy, black holes, worm holes, the entire universe is just one thing consuming another and transforming its energy.into something else, as is the cycle of life on earth.

Now, one way which science has completely failed humanity thus far, is how to explain intense human emotions. Rapture, awe, joy,etc which we all experience. these feelings based on indivdual personal experiences range from person to person. as of right now, science and psychology, has not yet tried to explain these (or maybe they have now im out not up to date), but religion, is the only team on the field when it comes to the intense emotions which make life so interesting. All emotion is based off of chemical processes and neurotransmitters firing in teh brain, but it would be interesting to have a greater understanding then that.

God is not real, you know it, i know it. that is why you must constantly convince yourself he exists, that is why you constantly struggle with your faith. The world is asleep and dreaming. God, NFL, Hollywood, Fashion, Consumerism, everything about society is used to keep us from seeing reality. God is the biggest source of ignorance. The poorest people on the planet are more likely to believe in god. This is because when the poor are dreaming, they believe that they are emperors, emperors never dream of emperors, only slaves. Can you imagine someone having the most wonderful dream, of an omniscient being, who is their best friend, who loves them, cares about them, will provide comfort in time of need, answers at the time of death... would people really want to give that up? Unfortuantely its necessary, the world is going to #, and people dont want to deal with reality,. Its time to wake up, its time to make positive changes in the world, its time to deal with reality, God has been debunked, but some people still dont want to see it, they would rather remain ignorant.

I suggest everyone do some hard research into the field of astro-theology. All Gods are based off of the planets and stars. The stars have captured the imagination of mankind since its origins.

To give an example of astro-theology: In Islam, there are what is known as the 5 pillars of islam. They are like the ten commandments. The reason why Islam believes that they will be rewarded with 72 virgins when they die is because, as the earth spins on its axis. Muslims throughout an entire day are asked to pray 5 times a day in accordance to the five pillars of islam. They are expected to split their pray times into 5 even pars, so as the earth spins, because muslims always face east towards mecca, it creates a symbolic Pentagram. So in one day, a 360 degree rotation of the earth, divided by 5 pray times a day, 360 / 5 = 72

The pentagram is one of the two symbols of Islam, the other being the crescent moon, as seen on many mosques, and national flags. The Pentagram represents the Goddess/Planet Venus. The crescent moon represents the ancient mesopotamian moon God 'Sin'. en.wikipedia.org...

This is why ancient christians said 'go and sin no more', because Jesus Christ was the SUN of god, and you were to stop worshiping the moon, and start worshiping the sun/son. This is why christians go to church on SUNday, Christianity is a solar relgion,Islam and israel are lunar religions, which is why the middle east still uses lunar calendars today.

Its all very interesting to learn about. anyways, i really hope people will start thinking and researching this stuff, have an open mind. Im a recovering Roman Catholic, i understand the indoctrination of religion, its all consuming. Anyways, Peace and Love.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Since the Stoneage man has worshiped something.

There is nothing wrong with religion per say, the problem is those...usually men...who crave power use it for their own cause, just as others who manipulate with politics.

Not sure if having proof of aliens would to anything to hamper belief, my Christian friend tells me that the Bible was written for earthlings, there could well be life elsewhere who have their 'Bible'

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join