It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would You End All Religions on This Planet?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
My answer:

I wouldn't.

Whilst I despise organised religion and am amazed that people still believe I wouldn't end it at all. If we were to end religion it would mean having to truly destroy all works of religious affiliation (otherwise religion would live on) and I simply could not do that.

There are too many beautiful buildings built under the umbrella of religion for me to be happy wiping them all out ... well at least let me go visit them first

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
i'd wait for a million years - then when Humanity is wiped out Religion will be too

erease Religion is like trying to erease Sex or Thinking
too human to be substracted

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Become Adolf Hitler and start mass mrudering people and then your insane dream can come true to mass murder all religions.Wait a minute,this is what the Mark of the Beast prophesizes about buying and selling food and products.Geee....?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'm not sure it's religion -- it's "religion that has a philosophy that you must convert others to your faith."

There have been many prosperous societies where people of many faiths lived together -- the main content of their faith being that they felt no mandate to go convert others who were not of their faith. Rome, for instance, had thousands of temples to every conceivable deity and all were worshiped and no group turned against another -- until the Christians became targets (and in spite of what popular culture says, the writings of the Romans themselves (Suetonius, Tacitus, and other non-Christians) report that Christians were causing riots and uprisings in Rome. Occasionally they were targeted (again, Suetonius and Tacitus are main non-Christian sources here)

A polytheistic State Religion tends to be more tolerant. Christianity was the first monotheistic State Religion (it was tried in Egypt during the reign of Ahkenaten and everyone hated it, according to inscriptions and letters of that era and the moment he died they all went back to polytheism with a happy sigh.)

Wikipedia has an article on this: en.wikipedia.org...

And that said, religion is not the sole cause of wars... it's just the cause of religious wars. It can fuel ethnic wars (Czechs and Slovaks, the Irish (Christian examples), Sunni versus Sufi (Islam) and so on and so forth. Ethnicity and economics (land) are at the heart of it, but in each case one component is religions that demand conversion. And that makes it harder to solve, not easier.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I have not read this whole thread. Nor do I intend too. The first page was disgusting enough.
While I would be the first to admit that the worlds religious texts are skewed at best, and downright horrid at worst. I also must include the religion and faith of the church and altar of the gods of modern science among them. So this would leave very few, if any left on the earth.

The truth is, humans as a whole have the potential for religious fanaticism. And demonstrate it quite frequently by wanting to off one another for opposing beliefs. Whether that be faith in a God. Or whether that be faith in the sciences, or faith in nothing at all. Although I've never met anyone with faith in nothing at all.

So. In order to do away with all religion on the planet would require the extermination of man.
And there are those who have faith in this as well.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2010 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Use WMT's. Weapons of Mass Truth. It all began with the sun, moon, and the stars. When people realize it, they will abandon religion and keep spirituality.

The next question: if you wanted to make a single religion for all the world (worshipping you) what would you do?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by nowhere2hide
So if you want to believe in a floating elephant with loads of arms or a two thousand year old zombie jew, that's your poragitive. But don't just assume that you're right and everyone else is wrong.

Hey you forgot about a celestial object with lots of heat for the non believers as well, since we putting all the poragatives out there. I mean its not like there are'nt a couple around in this solar system even

Report in

Venus..................

edit on 12/14/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
I am getting so sick and tired of everyones' constant rantings
against christianity and all religions.Why don't you all decide
what to do about all of us "religious" nutjobs.
Go on,I dare you all! Just how would you end all religions on
this planet?
What would be your final solution to all persons of faith?

Simple.

To let everyone come to the realization that they hold the highest truth within themselves.

To find the real truth, you must look within yourself - for your truth is just that, your truth.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11118
Simple.

To let everyone come to the realization that they hold the highest truth within themselves.

To find the real truth, you must look within yourself - for your truth is just that, your truth.

Thank you! God is within, and can be found if searched for.

Watch out though, you might end up in the gas chamber for saying that if these guys get their way.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Which is correct and all good as long as "we" dont forget what GOD placed within THE and why?
Agree.
Hence religion = finding hidden answers to understand the Relations between the creator and his creations aswell as his offspring AND WHAT ROLE SHALL BE PLAYED BY OFFSPRING..

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

There were no ethnic wars between Czechs and Slovaks, that is BS. Czechoslovakia was splitted peacefully.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Religion is one of my specialties, and from what I have found, our masters have already considered this question, and have formulated a plan.

As various posters have already pointed out, there have been recent experiments in the "elimination" of religion with the efforts of the communist regimes of the last century.

And yet, upon closer examination, an elimination was never really taking place at all, rather, it was a program of "replacement".

Which led to another question as to whether or not that replacement was "satisfying enough" to persist in any usable form. Obviously, the short answer was "no", which is why the pendulum swung back the other way, with Russia as a great example of people who rather quickly re-embraced their former Christianity.

But by the time the simple Russian "came back" to the old faith, too many generations had intervened, so things weren't going to be quite the same. Plus, the Russian Orthodox church had been thoroughly infiltrated, with most priests on the payroll of the KGB during the Soviet era.

Pol Pot, perhaps a better example of severing a generation from their past, he proved such a thing was at least possible, and further, that it could be done very fast, if you were brutal enough.

But there is "another way", and it could be that our masters have been working on this other way for a long time now.

Let's take a quick step back. The OP question about ending all religions. I think history proves that it isn't very likely, that what is far more likely is what we have always seen: Existing religions will either morph into something else, or be replaced by another, but some kind of religion will always be with us.

Couple reasons for this. First, and foremost, religion is a TOOL, deliberately used by the elite for people-control. That being the case, we can see that they are far more likely to take regular action to ensure religion's survival, even if we fail to notice it. In other words, religion will continue to be nurtured by our masters, since they plan to keep it as one of their more powerful tools. Exactly "which" religions are helped the most has to do with how useful they are within the long-term plan.

Second, religion does in fact answer a human need. Because we do not "know" what happens after death, it seems that most people would prefer to have an "answer" anyway, in spite of the fact that such a thing would be inherently unprovable. Perhaps this very human Achilles Heel was bred into us over time, or reinforced so much that there is literal meme-strength in the equation. But whether or not it is completely "natural" or not, it is a force to be reckoned with. I think that at a minimum, our masters realize this, and use it accordingly.

Certainly, this realization, this acknowledgement of this "human need" has been factored-in to the big plan.

SO, in answer to the OP question, it seems likely that all religions will be "eliminated" as they have been before, through replacement. Further, I think that the evidence shows that this coming new religion will be ONE religion, just as there will be ONE world government. It fits, and isn't that surprising really.

However, there is an ingenius twist, based on what I see shaping up! The coming "replacement religion" for the planet isn't going to be what many of us imagine it to be. Perhaps many atheists see a world where secular humanist thinking must surely triumph. Religionists often see "their" religion as perhaps one day finally beating out the others, or converting the world, etc.

NONE OF THE ABOVE!

To really answer the question as to what is most likely headed our way, we must first consider the question from our master's perspective. Why is this most rational approach so often ignored?

This isn't about what "makes sense" for us, it's about what they deem important for the realization of their plans. Not everyone will agree, but I personally have come to the conclusion that our masters desire a future "Utopia" where they can rule forever, over a docile "slave" population. I would prefer to call this coming world a "Plantation", since that would be the way the slave would have to see it.

What is desired on this coming Plantation is "good slaves". That's the key to understanding what our masters have in store for us, or perhaps our grandchildren when it comes to religion.

To have a truly good slave, he must have his head "right". In other words, his primary motivations to serve must come from within, not from without. Another way to put it, when the slave serves his master, he will actually imagine that he is serving "god"! Ingenius!

Our masters have studied this issue for centuries, have "enjoyed" servants and slaves, and they are convinced that there will come a day when they finally CAN get good help! And why not? They have worked hard to bring this to fruition.

Back to religion. It is my belief that our masters will use this as one of their primary tools in the complete and permanent enslavement of humanity that they envision.

Is such a thing even possible? I'm not completely sure, but I think that it is. The task of enslaving humanity involves several steps, but they are seemingly well on their way.

First, humanity must be "herded" in the direction desired. Why so? Because when the time comes to close the door behind us, most will be walking into the cage voluntarily (Ask Pol Pot what happens to the remainder.)

Next, the cage. Our masters have already crafted what I call the "perfect cage" for the mind. Such a thing would consist of a cohesive memeplex that accounts for all history and viable culture up to that time, and also serves to inculcate all the desirable "slave traits" (at least in embryonic form). This memeplex (religion) would, like all religions, re-infect all subsequent generations, once the initial population was treated.

What's needed next is a "delivery system", something already well-established worldwide that can take this "new religion" (the slave religion), and inject it into the host population. It should be pointed out that there would be a volitional component to this, which would be primary, but there would likely come a time to finally close the door, and destroy the remaining population that failed to accept the new "faith".

What's left will be the desired population of slaves. At that point, the only thing remaining is to seal the exits so that they and their children can never leave, indeed, they will not so much as entertain the hope to ever leave.

There's much more to this, and the project has been underway for a long time now. Our masters have enjoyed incredible success in my opinion, which makes me think they may succeed in this diabolical plan one day.

I'm one of the very few even talking about this, but I would encourage anyone to study these matters. I do believe that there are future generations at stake.

JR

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Our religions will never end and ET's cannot change that fact.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Religion will stop when man's stupidity and immaturity ends.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

it was tried in Egypt during the reign of Ahkenaten and everyone hated it, according to inscriptions and letters of that era and the moment he died they all went back to polytheism with a happy sigh

Not to mention looting his tomb and using the loot for Tut's, hehe... They REALLY seemed to have a sore spot after Ahkenaten's changing of the rules. I remember where they had found pieces where you could barely make out that it was originally Ahkenaten's, but then re-inscribed for Tut.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Which is correct and all good as long as "we" dont forget what GOD placed within THE and why?
Agree.
Hence religion = finding hidden answers to understand the Relations between the creator and his creations aswell as his offspring AND WHAT ROLE SHALL BE PLAYED BY OFFSPRING..

Nothing was placed within you, it's been there all along. The closer you come to a comprehension of what is within, the closer you come to the comprehension of what/who you are.

There is no offspring. Picture an ocean, each drop within the ocean plays an integral part of the whole.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All religion has a core of truth but it's drowning in a sea of perversions. If you study from your heart you will find the gems in the rut, knowledge from the mind is only knowledge until the foundation of thought is from the heart and it is then that it becomes truth and wisdom of the highest order.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Simple. Once they all realize they're worshiping the same entities (and their origins are essentially the same), the rest will work itself out...

Or, it will destroy humanity as 6 Billion people realize they've wasted their lives.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

I can't sense "GOD" inside me, you'd have to define God.

Christians, Islamists and Jews are all alike, all claim to know something that can't be certified, cannot be proved. In regards to the planet and the origins of the universe, they are as naive as us Atheists and Agnostics but they claim not to be, because of a doctrine WRITTEN BY MAN.

It's SOOOO easy to see past, i don't see why such a positive assertation should be given respect.

Religious logic, the logic that knows before it has evidence...it's arrogance, stupidity....it's FAITH. Religious people get mad when you "disrespect" their beliefs

If i propose a stupid scientific theory that has no evidence, i don't expect people to believe me, to respect me.
edit on 14/12/10 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

"How Would You End All Religions on This Planet?"

By somehow realizing them in fullness as per their original intent.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

After conversing with people on "Above Top Secret" for six months, I realized that the anti-everything visitors run the asylum. Even though this was not the site owner's intention, (Skeptic Overlord and Company are not at fault), the site has attracted a very dominating anti-everything group. During the past few days, I have been hesitant to post. I have not felt more hated in my entire life. Not only am I a Christian, but I am also a United States citizen and human being. According to many of our "Above Top Secret" counterparts, they prefer that myself, my country, and my religion to be destroyed.

Unlike most of these anti-everything people who visit "ATS", I still believe humanity has the potential to do wondrous things. However, in order to reach a "Star Trek" like society, tolerance from all corners of life must be achieved. Although I see the heart of humanity becoming darkened, (since the new millennium started), I know a small spark filled with faith, life, integrity, and honor still exists. Regardless about how religion or governments are viewed on "Above Top Secret", I sense that the majority living in the real world do not share their views.

--------------------

How would I End All Religions on This Planet?
I wouldn't. Instead of taking the 'destroy all life because of their religion' perspective, I would teach religious tolerance to every single soul on the planet. I would get them to see past their differences, so they can make some serious changes necessary for our overall survival. Regardless about if you are Christian, Islamic, Jewish. Buddhist, or just a plan atheist, the bottom line is that you are a living and breathing human being. Before this whole anti-everything movement started, being apart of the 'human species' meant something.

edit on 14-12-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join