It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would You End All Religions on This Planet?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned1990
I would torture and then slaughter all religious people, especially christians. That's my honest answer.

Spoken like a true Jihadist! How are you any better than people of faith considering the level of hate you just spewed?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Apocolypstick

When I started this thread last night,I used the
word religious to represent ALL religions.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisturbedToo
reply to post by mamabeth

If there were no religion...1/2 to 3/4 of the worlds wars would have never happened. Maybe religion is the Antichrist?? Think about that!

LOL... YES! Because without religion men no longer desire power over other men, and everyone would have resources in surplus...

Dope.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apocolypstick
I'm curious what "Religious" is covering in this thread. How broad of an umbrella term are we using here? Are you including universalists, what about people who are spiritual but not necessarily religious in the 'biblical' sense of the word?

It's not so much religion/belief that is the problem... it's the Church, the corporation that has distorted the faith. Faith itself doesn't do much, however once you mix fear and guilt into the mix - which is what the Church has done, and continues to do in their bid to control - then people start getting a little crazy.

That is one of the things that I don't like about religion, it is used and passed around like a drunk college girl at a frat party for reasons that, most of the time, aren't always as shiny and clean as they should be. Especially since it is supposed to be peoples guidance on moral values and practitioners of it love to influence our children with it heavily under the guise of love and pacifism.

It is not RELIGION that's the problem, it's the intolerance that is the problem - Intolerance that is encouraged and fueled by the Church (who's goal it is to assimilate everyone under the one banner of control through fear and guilt). If everyone could grasp the concept of all religions being sacred and valued paths to the divine, and that lack of a belief was in no way a threat to them or their relationship with that divinity, people would be a lot more accepting and peaceful.

Yes, intolerance is just human nature, but it makes it that much worse when it is organized intolerance. Many atheists are just beginning to show these traits in their aggressiveness, though not nearly as bad as the Christians in my country, it makes me somewhat unhappy that they are doing these things like bus ads and showing up on news channel debates guns cocked and loaded. I say this, but then again I come on the internet and talk about it, I suppose at least thats exercising at least a bit of moderation.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
Scientific proof of course. Hell, I could almost do it now. There's no proof of any religious principle I've heard yet. So many are simply falsified or so deeply grounded in resistance to change and advancing science that they're obsolete and pointless already.

Faith is defined as the belief in something minus the benefit of "proof".... ? You can't disprove Faith with "proof" because Faith is in-and-of-itself a non-falsifiable idea.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I would torture and then slaughter all religious people, especially christians. That's my honest answer.

To bad you never lived when the Romans were doing it, you would have loved that time period.

That level of hate was predicted by Jesus, himself

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I would stage a FAKE alien invasion and make everyone believe I was an ancient leader with magical powers. I rather believe in this than follow faiths that don't really have a strong human to spirit connection. If you wipe out religion, all you would need to learn about, is yourself and your fellow man.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
To bad you never lived when the Romans were doing it, you would have loved that time period.

That level of hate was predicted by Jesus, himself

So should you worship me if I tell you lots of humans are going to kill each other in the future?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Someone would rise up and want to be in control.
That is basic human nature,greed...
I feel religion helps put a harness on these negative
elements of our nature.If allowed to run rampant,who
knows what kind of world this would be.I don't believe
it would be the utopic world that some visualize.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I am getting so sick and tired of everyones' constant rantings against christianity and all religions

Why ? What exactly do you expect your book tells you to expect to be taken to task and your complaining about it ???
One would have thought that you xtians would be jumping for joy that another one of your (self fulfilling) prophesies is coming to pass.
Hallelujah the end is nearer jesus is coming and will kill all us heretics whisking you away to celestial north Korea to grovel to yawhe or jesus or both, while you can feel comforted that our gnashing of teeth in the pit is a sign that justice that now everyone around you will think like you.

Why don't you all decide what to do about all of us "religious" nutjobs.

Well, admitting you have a problem is 90% of the cure as they say.

Go on,I dare you all! Just how would you end all religions on this planet? What would be your final solution to all persons of faith?

Oh that's easy I would give you an option of either -

A) making it law that all references in your literature requiring that another human be harmed in any way, and that of any references advocating the ownership of another human being, child sacrifice, rape, genocide,human sacrifice, bigotry and racism be completely remove.

Alternatively (the choice would be yours) I would make it law that you be obedient to your literature to the letter following any instruction at face value without any decent in your rank and file. Needless to say secular law will apply to you the same as anyone else.

There you go M, that should sort the problem out for you leaving you with an opportunity to have your cake and eat it.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Even innocent people?
That goes to show what kind of a threat you are, to yourself and others and probably the envoirment and animals also, you and all the people who gave you stars.
What do you think you are cool by saying you would torture and kill?, talky talky, now now...
You are under mind control just like the religions it self.
Think, think, use it.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

"Give us a child till he is seven and he is ours for life"- jesuit maxim
maybe if there was less ownership an more free thought things would be better...
" organized religion" in general is too often
just a tool to control people, perception, thought, speech and action.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
FRID computer chip that the christians have warned about for ever will take care of you peoples hatred agiasnt christians.Because as far as I'm concerned being a christian myself this definetly has the potential os being The Mark fo the Beast,.Ohh if Mark of the Beast sounds all crazy and scary and looney to you people,then lets just call it a spy computer chip that will force who buys and sales.Common sense...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
maybe I wasn´t cleas enough in the last post.

I think organized religion is the real danger, not so much personal beliefs. I mean, if someone find or invent some sort of religious code and decides to live by it, I guess that person has the right to do so. BUT an institution should be forbidden to disseminate religious ideas to masses unless these ideas and concepts can be scientifically proven or unless a court of law allows it.

link   
maybe I wasn´t cleas enough in the last post.

I think organized religion is the real danger, not so much personal beliefs. I mean, if someone find or invent some sort of religious code and decides to live by it, I guess that person has the right to do so. BUT an institution should be forbidden to disseminate religious ideas to masses unless these ideas and concepts can be scientifically proven or unless a court of law allows it.

link   
Can you figure out these peoples reasoning,lets mass murder billions of people in order to stop religous exetremist and religion.The total lack of common sense is gone with some people.

link   
Can you figure out these peoples reasoning,lets mass murder billions of people in order to stop religous exetremist and religion.The total lack of common sense is gone with some people.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Isn't calling for ending all religions a religion in itself?

Second Line.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Why so much discussion of genocide? Really people? Have we learned nothing from our past? Would you seriously want the death of someone just because of their beliefs?

It's funny, but it seems to be coming mostly from the non-religious folks, when usually, they are the ones criticizing the fundies for killing in the name of religion.

Yet, here you are, advocating killing in the name of non-religion.

???

What irony......(and what sadness).

Lets just live and let live, hmm? Seems to be a much healthier philosophy....

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

Ahhh,I wondered when you would grace us with your presence.
I was thinking about you when another member stated that" we
would breed you out."
What a combo we would make,earth-shattering,skies falling,
end-of-the world type scenario.
You realize that I would win

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join