It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would You End All Religions on This Planet?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I am getting so sick and tired of everyones' constant rantings
against christianity and all religions.Why don't you all decide
what to do about all of us "religious" nutjobs.
Go on,I dare you all! Just how would you end all religions on
this planet?
What would be your final solution to all persons of faith?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

I would have our alien brothers reveal themselves. Disclosure will eliminate 90% of religion!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned1990

If I drew a picture of Allah being T-bagged would you be offended? Kill all Christians?? Pffffft

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I would end organized religions, but encourage personal spirituality. Organized religions are too oppressive, and have been perverted by those in charge.

The people who follow these religions are on the most part, wonderful people.

Then you get your so called "nutjobs", the ones who want to incorporate their beliefs into the law, or push them onto others by (real life example) passing our Vacation Bible School flyers at public school as a teacher to your Kindergarteners, because your old man is a preacher. Those people I could really do without.

We are all very different when it comes to religion, so why one group (example, Christians) feels their religion deserves to be written into the laws over another persons religion (say, Muslims) is why organized religion needs to be abolished. These brand of "nutjobs" are crusading for their church and have that driving their decisions at all times.

It scares people and angers people who are of different faiths.

If all religious groups could observe strict seperations of church and state, and respect the rights of others to their own beliefs (ie, please dont knock on my door to preach, or leave your pamphlets all over my business), then there would not be threads like ours on the internet, would there?

Thanks for the interesting topic.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned1990
I would torture and then slaughter all religious people, especially christians. That's my honest answer.
The honesty is refreshing, but your answer is disturbing.

Define religious in your bloody scenerio.

And.....

If you are slaughtering them for eradication why the torture?

Very disturbing....

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

If there were no religion...1/2 to 3/4 of the worlds wars would have never happened. Maybe religion is the Antichrist?? Think about that!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned1990

Why torture first? Just out of curiousity, what does that do besides satisfy some little twisted Hitleresque fantasy of yours? Never mind the mass slaying.

That is, if I may be so bold as to dissect your response to the OP.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Killing all religious people and burning their associated texts would be a solution to the religion problem.

In all reality, mankind would be better off because of it.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisturbedToo

If there were no religion...1/2 to 3/4 of the worlds wars would have never happened. Maybe religion is the Antichrist?? Think about that!
That is a very interesting concept, religion as the antichrist! Whoa.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

What would be your final solution to all persons of faith?

Well logic and reason are the primary tools I like to use against faith but its very difficult to do since faith is often blind to reason.

Why exactly are you tired of everyone attacking Christianity, didn't Jesus himself say that would happen? Aren't there 2 billion Christians on the planet? I'm pretty sure if anyone could stand a little criticism its a religion that big.

We will, unfortunately, always have religion. As long as parents keep teaching their kids what their parents taught them we will have religion. I'm just hoping that the type of religion we have will become more and more moderate, the last thing we need are any more extremists.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Because I think they deserve it. They worship a conceptual being that threatens to torture unbelievers and disobedient people in a conceptual place called hell. They participate in a cult that has tortured and killed many innocent people in history.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

They worship a conceptual being that threatens to eternally torture all unbelievers and they agree with it. Why not give them a taste of what they advocate? Sounds fun to me.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Scientific proof of course. Hell, I could almost do it now. There's no proof of any religious principle I've heard yet. So many are simply falsified or so deeply grounded in resistance to change and advancing science that they're obsolete and pointless already.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Religion has been so misconstrued over the centuries its impossible to comprehend what were talking about.

You destroy this civilization and start a new one, and see what happens.

We were ment to worship, it is just not clear what it is anymore because we are distorted.
edit on 13-12-2010 by Socratic Method because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I would allow people the right to "believe" in whatever they desire. Just as long as they simply respect my beliefs and don't kill me for not believing in their beliefs.

Basically, people have the right to their beliefs as long as they don't force them unto others. The end.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
My, My, people! Are we angry tonight? What was the question? Oh yeah, would I take away all religions in the world. That is the original thought, isn't it OP?

I would kill nor torture anyone. first I would show them the wonder of the Universe and all that it entails, then I would intrude them to their Mother, whom they seem to have forgotten. Then I would let them live in peace and harmony, all together, loving each other for all of time.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
If we were given the truth, then all religion would stop.

It's that simple.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
Killing all religious people and burning their associated texts would be a solution to the religion problem.

In all reality, mankind would be better off because of it.

What's funny is if you said the same thing except toward a race, sexual orientation, or even a specific religion, you'd probably be banned.

I think it's high time people realized that religious people are not the problem.

It's power-hungry d-bags that are the problem. And they take the guise of religion... or of political ideology such as communism or democracy or anything else they find convenient.

No, you would not make the world a better place by killing all religious people. You would not even touch the root of the problem.

The root of the problem is that people don't trust themselves (or their God/gods) and instead put their trust in other humans, others they've never even met. And religion is not the only sphere where this occurs, not at all.

edit on 13-12-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

You can't kill one monster without starting a new one.

If you think ending religion will help bring the world to peace and harmony I got news for you. It would seem that the world would unite after religion, that is, until there is no diversity to fight the leading forces. All military would eventually unite because there would be less diversity, less opposition. In turn, that would start new wars because communism would be feuding with democracy.

My guess is there would be new power struggles and new ways to sell the public wars. Than it will turn to resource wars. Than perhaps a world war. War is what we do best, if there was no wars....there would be
peace!
(EEEeeeeeewwwww)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join