It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stange Phenomenon of normal Converstaions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I think the phenomenon of "morphic resonance" fits in here too and has been used to explain why in the past scientific discoveries and philosophies seemed to occur almost simultaneously in very distant parts of the planet, explaining also why sometimes artists and musicians come up with the same concepts at the same time.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

You are being watched

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

The media usually sets-up an artificial demand for something. Chocolate diamonds are in fashion right now because the media wanted them to be. Your friend was talking about it because he had already been programmed in the media to do so. So, he talks and there it is on TV. I'm not surprised.

I'm a mass com bachelor of science grad. We learned about this phenomena...media conditioning.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scopeless
reply to post by Komodo

The media usually sets-up an artificial demand for something. Chocolate diamonds are in fashion right now because the media wanted them to be. Your friend was talking about it because he had already been programmed in the media to do so. So, he talks and there it is on TV. I'm not surprised.

I'm a mass com bachelor of science grad. We learned about this phenomena...media conditioning.

While media conditioning I personally feel does indeed exist, this is not a circumstance in which this could possibly be media conditioning. Sorry, but that's ridiculous. Media conditioning also is not a phenomena, it's a direct result of specific action, and it has more to do with our nonsensical following of them, than it is some devious plan by the Kabul of corporations.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
The weird thing is I've experienced this my self once or twice with the whole talk about a film then go home switch the TV on and... boom, there it is! I just shrugged it off as coinsidence as it probably was with me, but yours however seems different. You seem to be having too many coinsidences for it to be that, I really don't know though.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

This is something I experience with my girlfriend almost daily. It has honestly become a running joke with us. Most days there are about three things that we have talked about in the last few days that miraculously show up on television within a day or two. We always joke that we have to throw a conversation about winning the lottery in there once in a while.
You are not alone.
I am however someone who experiences Deja Vu on a VERY regular basis, Have had an OBE (im not even kidding here), and am a very experienced Lucid Dreamer. I think im just more in touch.
My Grandmother used to say I was Clairvoyant.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
so weird, my girlfriends family has this thing they call "the power" its when you think of something and it happens right after the thought some examples.

her dad thought of his favorite car a 1968 shelby cobra gt. then as he turned his head he saw one.
when i worked retail i had this vision more or less of the lights in the store fading like on a dimmer switch. sure enough right after i thought it, it happened the store lights went out.
once again same job i was sitting there counting my change when i started to put the loose change in a bag i had a vision of it flying everwhere. so i took my time to make sure that didnt happen then as i walk to the safe the bag tore and the money flew everwhere.

recently we were talking about dolly parton and sure enough two hours later i met up with a friend and he made a reference to her( were in the city in california not alot of people know that name)
so im not sure what to say i have my own conspiracy on it.

i think its more or less dealing with your brain and the energy you put out.
i dream everynight and wake up remembering them. i sit there and try to decifer them but i noticed one thing your dream is from the day you start your rest, where your at is actually your subconscious. your just picking through it yourself and choosing what you want to remember more or less.(yes i know inception but i had that idea along time ago)
maybe when these situations actually happen its like our brain is intune with the universe or like minded people. you may be far away but your able to read there brain waves and vice versa. as for electronics they use rf's and our body emits our own electric field around us so maybe we effect them?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Cross linking this thread Artificial Intelligence on YouTube and Twitter in support of each other in hopes other members are aware of this phenomena

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

OK, I'm posting it--
Got to this thread via the latest thread on this topic (via your link to it)
Been the same since '10, or started paying attention to it more, at that time.
Has increased to daily incidents, used to be really freaky, still a surprise each time, makes me more thankful for this site where logical discussion can take place.

So, I have the 'AP Minute' video from this thread playing in the background while I surf my email.
I open Mercola's latest (he does rock, that one - not afraid to call big pharma out on everything), and am scanning an article on an email that didn't make it to Obama, re: health-something.. I read Obama's name at the exact time the reporter says it in the video.

Thats what happens, and similar. Happens so many ways its like a little universal magic each time.
So, WT# izzup with that??

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsEvolutionBaby
reply to post by Komodo

I open Mercola's latest (he does rock, that one - not afraid to call big pharma out on everything), and am scanning an article on an email that didn't make it to Obama, re: health-something.. I read Obama's name at the exact time the reporter says it in the video.

Yep. That's the kind of stuff I'm talking about.

I made a thread, "Artificial Intelligence on YouTube and Twitter" about this.

I also posted this post.

If you stay glued to my Artificial Intelligence thread, I am going to post loads more of my synchronisities.

I've written a 700-page Word document with 100s of my synchronisities over the years. This is not coincidence, whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Personally, I think it's just coincidence. I've had countless similar experiences, I shan't go over them all as they're mostly textbook cases, I shall recount one specific episode simply because it was quite a cool moment and had an unexpected outcome...perhaps not so textbook.

I was sitting with my younger sister and my parents about tea-time watching television and talking about our day at school and work, etc. I was about 13 or 14 at the time. My sister is 6 years younger so about 7-ish.

I spoke about some cooking stuff we did in school that day and I said something about a spatula, my little sister asked what a spatula was. I distinctly remember pausing and sort of preparing to offer my description of a spatula when my mother turned the televeision over to a different channel, it was one of those cookery shows like ready steady cook or something and you guessed it - there was someone holding a spatula. I casually pointed over at the television and went "that's a spatula!".

The odd thing is she thought I was lying, I think her young mind couldn't cope with the strange coincidence she'd just witnessed and I suppose saw it as too convenient...we'd a slight argument until one of my parents confirmed that the object on-screen was indeed a spatula.

I don't think it means anything, at the time it felt like a gift as I remember wondering how to begin explaining what a spatula was to my little sister with my limited vocabulary, and suddenly one was on the television right in front of us. So as I say it felt like a gift to my young mind, when she didn't believe me and disputed my answer I kind of remember thinking that it was a bit of a trojan horse.

This incident took place a good 19 years or so ago, give or take, definitely something I'll never forget but I still put it down to mere coincidence.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
This is something I have experienced my entire life and I have always brushed it off as an annoying coincidence. My mother is always quick to point it out to me as well because she experiences it. Countless times we have been on the phone talking about a movie or an actor or something of the sort, we hang up, and she will call me back within an hour because the movie/actor/etc randomly showed up on TV.

If I learn a new word I've never heard before, I hear it constantly for days. This one bothers me because I am a big reader and there are not too many "every day conversation" words that I don't know. If a word pops up that I don't know, I am quick to find out what it is. I am huge on vocabulary. So the idea that I hear the word all the time but I never noticed it until it was directly related to me doesn't make any sense to me.

I also have the number thing where I see and hear the same number constantly. This comes and goes. My number is 717.

The most recent example I can think of was during Mardi Gras. A person on my facebook posted a pic of a King Cake they had made. I had never in my life heard of a king cake, so I googled a recipe to see what it was. Thus began about two-three days of non stop king cake lol A cake I had never heard of, even in my french classes when learning about Mardi Gras, was suddenly on every single cooking show, the morning news, every grocery store, multiple facebook pics, etcetc. Obviously, it was Mardi Gras so King Cakes were going to be everywhere, but it drove me crazy because I had never heard of one in all the years prior!

Edit: So many people say that this happens because the word/movie whatever stands out in our mind so we are quick to recognize it, more so than normal. Fragment mentioned on the first page that if you think the word "Porsche" you will begin to see it. I'm going to do my own little experiment for a few days and see how many porches come up in conversations. The fact we are currently in search of a car may even help this fact.
edit on 8-3-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay Electronica

Oh my gosh, Jay. After reading the OP's intro, I was just about to post that it's called synchronicity. Glad I took the time to finish reading everyone's responses first.

That's too funny!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

It's just premonition, you'll get used to it. Don't let it get you crazy.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
For what it's worth I have had at least 3 occasions where I told her of an awesome idea and then 3 or 4 months later it's on the market.

It would be an ingenious, albeit illegal and morrally wrong, way to give consumers exactly what they want, when they want it. A priceless bit of daily-life information that can be achieved using the staf of the average extra large company...

Flag this thread.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Some of us are tied to others of our kind. Some of our ideas are not our own ideas. Was Einstein smart or was he able to read the knowledge of the communication that exists.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I cancelled my Lovefilm because of this, haha.

Anyone who has had an account with them knows that you ideally keep about ten movies on your list of what you want to watch at any one time, and they will send them out in a random order. My list was all sorted out, and my discs would arrive. At least eight times, I would watch the movies, and a few nights later the exact same movie would be on TV. Most notably Inception and Galaxyquest were aired the nights after I watched the discs (seperate occasions).

For a service that is essentially random, that's pretty weird. It's a waste of money as well, hence my cancellation!

Another thing that happened quite often was when we were set to move house. My fathers job required us to go here, there and everywhere. We would get word of where we were moving to, and the next few weeks would be filled with references to these locations on TV. From adverts to holiday programs, it never failed. Even when we were going to San Francisco on holiday, I was banging on about Haight and Ashbury and a few days later it was in a documentary. It's worth noting that we have never gone looking for similarities, they just happened to correlate with current plans.

And when it comes to phone calls, I believe I am deeply tied at some invisible level with those I love. We quite often attempt to call each other at exactly the same time, to the point that my finger has been hovering over the dial key more than once and the phone rings, the person calling being the one who I was about to dial.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by invetro

Well, maybe the Alien writers of the life script are showing you something so you will be prepared for what's coming up in their show. See that spider in the corner with his camera. How about that fruitfly that's been stalking you lately. does he have a camera.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Rest assured, any nano-cameras would have long been swatted, sprayed and squished.

I don't know what's going on, maybe I just watch too much TV.
As far as strange occurences go, synchronicity is one of the nicer things to happen.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
As far as I'm concerned, this phenomenon is a case of real life unfolding like a dream. Why would it do that? Because dreams are the are an expression of duality, the waveform counterpart to the particle reality of waking life,

The first two rules of dreaming (according to me) are
1. Everything requires your attention to exist
2, the more attention you give something, the more related detail it creates

Not only do those rules dictate how dreams unfold, but they also apply equally well to waking reality as well. In fact all magical systems of any worth take advantage of those rules. And it's way too late for me to elaborate further.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join