It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stange Phenomenon of normal Converstaions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Hi all,

hmmm.. this subject is seriously getting stranger all the time since I KNOW i posted this awhile back but now is NOT showing up on my personal threads page. MODS: plz assist me to find this missing thread with the same content. I'm up to 96 personal threads and not sure if i need more posts or thread points to keep all my thread or not. I know for a fact I've posted this thread before.. if anyone that has replied to this Phenomenon by me personally, plz post it here or U2U me. Thx!

Onward, I'll post this again with a new event that just happened last Friday.

~~About 3 or so years ago, I was talking friends during a break at work and got on the subject of classic movies, I mentioned one movie (can't remember what it was) but the co-worker I was talking to said he'd never seen this movie, I was shocked since he's a pretty good movie buff and I've not known him to not know any movie I mentioned, till this time. So, I go home, and flipping through the channels, I run across the SAME movie I just mentioned to him not 5/6 hours before~! I was in total shocked since it was a classic and Comcast shows the same movies over and over and over and hardly anything new.

I tell my friend at work and he's totally shocked. Fast forward to last year..

~~I'm working in a high tech fab, with a friend of mine and telling him about the movie Westworld, with Yul Brenner, again he's never seen it.. I tell him he needs to check it out. 2 days later, Comcast is showing Westworld~!! I'm like in total shock again since at this time, I've NEVER seen Comcast airing this movie in the last 6 years we've been a customer!!

Fast forward to just last Friday..

~~So I'm talking to a close friend of mine in our kitchen of the adventure of getting her engagement ring. So, he in turn tells me that he goes to a jeweler and tells him he wants a custom ring made of 3 rings that are on display. My friend says he put a chocolate diamond in the center surrounded by other 27 other smaller diamonds. I mention that I've never even heard of a chocolate diamond. So, later that evening I'm watching a comcast movie and WALA.. what comes across the tube.. ??

Yep, you got it~! An ad that is advertising a jeweler in the area that sells....Chocolate diamonds~!!!

At this point, I'm seriously thinking this is just WAY to coincidental. I know there are more but since I can't find my original posting it makes it all the more frustrating to bring more data to the thread. I told this to another friend of mine and he was taken back by this.

The conditions are:
~Talking at work with a friend on both occasions
~In a high tech Fab on one occasion in which communications only consist of a radios, telephone (wireless), and pagers. No Cell phones are allowed. Period.
~Talking at home where cell phones are on 24/7.

So, in talking with him, I'm running through a few scenarios that 'could be' causing this...
*These are ONLY brainstorming ideas, some that I just toying with atm*

1). Just pure coincidence and a really bad memory (?)
2) Cell phones which are listening in some how, which, we all now know they can even when turned off, by the TPTB and anyone that pays for such a service, (yes.. you can Google it or search on ATS it’s there)
3) Companies listening in on conversations at work and selling info to the highest bidder. (This is really far fetched I know) but, the secure comms at the fab is what is troubling me and thus is why I put this out there. The only thing I can think of would be is the security camera's are also using mics to record conversations.
4). I’m ‘chipped’ (and yes, I have a strong possibility that I am due to a situation I had encountered while in the military) and someone is tracking my conversations regardless of the environment of where I am.

As anyone else ever had this Phenomenon but, just dismissed it as coincidence but, it keeps coming up over and over? (all jokes aside, and I'm being totally serious, leave your childish talk at the login screen) As in, you sorta say to yourself.. "hmmm. that's odd, was just talking to someone the other day about this.. "

Hopefully, this thread will still be up a month from now. I'll be using this thread for tracking purposes ..

Thx for reading and any replies or ideas,

~Konodo

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I've had this happen a lot too.One day i was telling my friend about a scene in Harald and Kumar and the first minute I get home its on Comedy Central.It's also weird that I just started listening to The Beatles and my favorite song is Help.The next day someone I'm subscribed to posts a video on how to play "Help" on an acoustic guitar and I just purchased an acoustic guitar three weeks ago.There are so many examples of this happening to me.I'ts the sort of feeling like Déjà vu.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Just did a quick search for 'cell phones' on ATS site.. here's some of the subjects..
cell phones and being spyed on
www.abovetopsecret.com...

intresting reply by a member on same thread..

the government are using it, it's called a roving bug and it is perfectly legal. weirdly, i was just discussing it in a different thread, must be one of those days.

Cell Phones Tracked by Big Brother
ATS link to Big Brother listening

Gov. liestening in on C~Phones, when turned off
Link to Fox Video

HR848

would companies do this ?? watch the movie in the link ~!

These are just a few, so it is possible for cell phones but what about being in a environment where cell phones are NOT allowed?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spriggs
I've had this happen a lot too.One day i was telling my friend about a scene in Harald and Kumar and the first minute I get home its on Comedy Central.It's also weird that I just started listening to The Beatles and my favorite song is Help.The next day someone I'm subscribed to posts a video on how to play "Help" on an acoustic guitar and I just purchased an acoustic guitar three weeks ago.There are so many examples of this happening to me.I'ts the sort of feeling like Déjà vu.

Thx Spriggs. Yes, but is it really just Deja-Vu & Coincidence ? If not, is it stoppable? What would be the odds of companies eavesdropping on conversations at work and sell certain information to cable companies, movie companies etc.. ??

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I only wish I would get movies on demand just by talking about them near my cell phone.

Afraid I have to attribute this to coincidence. I doubt seriously that any one individuals viewing pleasure is that important to programmers. Sometimes though, like the "Help" thing, I suspect you are just highly attuned to mention of it because it has been on your mind.

The coincidence that kills me is at work. I'll go hours and the phone doesn't ring but when it does, all 4 lines light up... like everyone decided to pick up and dial at the same time.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I know how we could test it. We'll need a volunteer.
That volunteer could leave a note stating the details of their experiment so if they go missing or murdered, people know what happened. Then, in vicinity of their cell phone, describe a detailed plan to kill that person your not allowed to threaten (for experimental purposes of course). Then wait and see what happens.

On another note, it would be quite simple for them to do this if they were monitering cell phones. Voice recognition is good enough that they could just have it constantly moniter cell phones everywhere and figure out what the "hot" topics people talk about are, and from there 1 of 2 things could happen.

1) Sell or auction that info to media companies

2) They give it to their Mason bretheren in charge of certain media companies

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I have had dreams, where I can actually hear radio stations and television stations. Perhaps, those broadcast advertisments are filtering through our minds. Another funny thing, when I got a new graphics card, all my dreams became "rendered" as if being translated through the card. The world of the subconscious is definitley werid and wacky, but very interesting and entertaining!
edit on 14-12-2010 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

In the case of learning about something new and then seeing it everywhere I believe it has to do with the fact that you now know about the object/subject so your mind picks up on it. I will often learn a new word and then hear it later on that day or very soon after and I believe it is because your mind now picks up on it.

In the case of the movies that you already knew about it could be the idea that what you think about shows up in your life one way or another. This has happened quite a few times to me as well. It definitely seems like a lot more than coincidence but I doubt it is someone spying on you and then hacking or working with TV networks to play the videos to....do what? Make you paranoid?

I believe it is more of a mass-conscience sort of thing where what you think about, comes about. Although I guess I won't discount the idea that there is a conspiracy to monitor our conversations about movies and other topics and then play those movies and post those ads that cater to our new interests lol.

-PureS

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This happens to me all the time but not with just movies, with everything but off the top of my head I can only think of these 'coincidences' happening with people.. for example like 60mins ago my mom was cooking then her friend says "jane got into a fight with lisa", then my mom says "i was just thinking about her that, WOW !!"... Last night I was thinking about my friend and he called me a couple hours later and said somebody broke into his room.

The day after thanksgiving, I called my friends house early to hangout since I was staying in the bronx for the weekend but he didnt answer, then later that night I thought about him and not even a minute went by and he called me and was on the same exact street that I was on earlier.

This phenomenon is called synchronicity and is well discussed on ATS do a quick search to see some different perspectives. Personally I think its a combination of synchronicity and the law of attraction.. Carl Jung said some synchronized events have a deeper meaning and some have none at all, I don't know if thats true or not but what I do know is these aren't coincidences.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Jay Electronica because: typo

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Yeah,synchronicity,an odd coincidence that you recognize because you were just thinking,talking or seeing it somewhere is the very explainable reality of it all. To think those other things one would have to believe we are important enough for someone to care what we are talking about on the phone or wherever .I think self delusion and "delusions of grandeur" pretty much sums it up,but I am open to other possibilities.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This happens to all of us (I think) at times, when you string a few incidents together in succession, in a short span of time, it does make you go hmmmmm. I think it's coincidence most of the time, at least for me. Having a strong intuition I think has a lot to do with it. There have been studies that say some twins have a 6th sense of sorts and I do believe people have psychic abilities and have learned how to tune in and channel energy I've had many strange happenings over the yrs. One was, after watching the movie "Number 23", same night I was doing a couple of billing invoices and guess what # kept showing up or combination of #'s that equaled.........time on clock when I started, on invoice #', price billed and Street #. My wife thought I was just messing with her until I showed her and her jaw dropped, it was very weird. I'm sure it was coincidence but it kinda tripped me out. A few weeks ago I had a very vivid dream of a helicopter crashing, got up, got my coffee, turned on the computer and that was the first thing I saw in the news. The crash time and my "dream" crash time didn't match up nor did the color or body styles but it was a little strange none the less, I think because the dream was so vivid I took more notice. Our heights of awareness also changes, some days you really got it and some days not so much.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Seems like you have finally recognized the phenomena of synchronicity. Carl Jung documented it fairly well so you can get a good idea of the inner workings of synchronicity as portrayed by Jung. It's pretty awesome once you open yourself to it.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I'm curios how many connect synchronicity, coincidence and circumstance's of chance to quantum mechanics?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I am truly very sorry. But to assume that people are listening to your conversations through your mobile or a chip etc just to show you what you're talking about on comcast is beyond ridiculous.
I'm going to assume that you watch way too much comcast for starters. I had to google it to work out what it was.
Secondly, i personally don't believe in coincidence. How about synchronicity? Cause and effect? Law of Attraction?
Reality is truly relative to perception. If you think 'porche', you'll start to see them everywhere. The possibility that you weren't aware of ads involving 'chocolate diamonds' is highly likely. Who cares for ads? Don't we all zone out?
After a conversation about them, the topic sits in the front of your mind. So when the ad comes on, your ears prick up. The "i've been bugged" approach is a sign of paranoia. Whether 'they' can listen to your conversation through your phone or not, why listen to you? Are you going to find out something highly important? Doubtful. You say you were in the military after all... Then again, you decide what is and isn't real in your dream. Live what you will.
Much Love,
Fragment

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Call it coincidence or synchronicity or Déjà vu or anything else you like I too have seen a increase in it. For me it happens at least once a day now. Sometimes I get mad about it because it seems so much like I am being played or toyed with. I do not have a clue as to what it is all about but I do feel it is leading up to something but what I do not know.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Happens to me all the time. I don't call it Synchronicity though. I think Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon is a better way of describing it. Its almost always something new I learn or something I haven't thought about for ages. Always something obscure Ive filed away in my head and thought I'd never have to recall it again. For some odd reason It comes up in conversation and within days I'm seeing other instances of it. Makes me smile every time.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I just wanted to post a few thoughts that are my opinion. Please take from the following what you feel is of value and certainly take no offense...

It seems you are noticing sychronicities and also experiencing coincidence, both of which when combined are perplexing your mind.

It is amazing, to observe sychronicity, it is very interesting that they occur and makes one wonder at how "interconnected" all life/ thought really is.

What is important, is that you as the observer, needs to remain *rational* and *objective*

It is far too easy to fall into a flawed logic loop of spying, or other paranoias.

To do so is rather unhealthy and can lead to a worsening and worsening state of mind.

One should take care to remain calm, and think through the situations, rather than to simply react to them and basic, emotional assumptions.

Truly we live in an amazing reality, and there are things we don't understand(more is not understood than is, actually).

Please keep it all in perspective, and try to remain rational.

You can do it.

X
edit on 18-12-2010 by Xatnys because: grammer / syntax

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
In your opening statement you signed off as Konodo, typo...

Anyway, not to get too personal, but do you live in the DFW area?

I go through constant episodes of this. I work in a fab. A coworker and I will talk about the songs stuck in our head for the day, usually something old and on my way home from work, it comes on the radio. Same with TV shows. I have a thought about someone I haven't seen or spoken to in a long time, and they call or send me an email that day. And normally the thought just strikes me out of the blue. I could be in the middle of something and the song starts in my head. I work around a lot of heavy duty RF and electromagnetic fields, so it must be that, since it is far far from a normal enviroment.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CAPT PROTON

Look, the first thing we have to think is, would anyone waste resources doing this.

So what's next. It's this: "Humans can predict future"

Precognition. The only reason I say this is because I experience this in other ways. Though it hasn't been useful to me so far...

But this is what I believe

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Look up the explanation of hyperchronism in www.halfpasthuman.com. It's the easiest to understand explanation of time leaks created both artificially through technology and those that we create ourselves with our personal morphogenetic fields. With the earth approaching magnetic pole shift there are a lot of disturbances occurring in Earth field consequently affecting peoples personal fields. Had a few weird freaky experiences of time dilation and reversal a few years back - emails being received before I sent them, same thing with text messages, that sort of stuff. Thankfully it looks like my time weirdness is over and I'm happily cruising *touch wood*

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join