It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the prisons are full, we'll go to Walmart.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I'm sure that all of you know about the recent allegiance between Walmart and the Department of Homeland Security. If you don't then here is a brief PSA from DHS secretary Janet Napalito. It will be airing at the check out screens in walmart stores from now until forever.

www.youtube.com...

The DHS and FN Walmart are working together to supposedly make the community a safer place by having us report any suspicious activity that we see to the authorities... or Walmart employees (?). I don't understand why the DHS of the country is involved with this and how they even could be. I understand why they would be. Walmart is a large building with so many stores all across the country in every state. And the stores are all so permanent.

According to Walmart's website, as of January 2010, Walmart Stores, Inc. operates 4,304 retail outlets in the United States. Of these, 803 are Walmart stores, 2,747 are Supercenters and the remaining outlets primarily include Sam's Club stores.
Source:
Read more: How many wal-marts are there nationwide? | Answerbag www.answerbag.com...

Here is a call to a walmart customer service hotline. The caller is questioning the employee about walmrts involvement with the DHS. Its pretty awkward and very informative. There's a bit towards the end where the caller compares walmart to Nazi's and the Government to Nazi Germany. Awkward silence.

www.youtube.com...

Which made me think..."Hey, there are a lot of walmarts and FEMA work with the DHS."

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
How about when SHTF we go to walmart and loot it .

I don't think walmart would be a good place to keep people enclosed there are alot of ways out..

Not very secure place to keep people inprisoned I don't believe.

edit on 13-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Any square building can easily be secured with just two machine guns,two men each. Just sayin...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Surely thats a good enough reason to boycott Walmart?

About time people try spend a little more cash in their local community stores and benefit their neighbours instead of the corporations.
Think about it before all your local businesses and their owner go bust due to 'made in china' junk.
Walmart et all, are creating ghost towns.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by chanel

The worker on the video is clueless about the rights she is willingly giving up and helping make sure that others are having their rights taken away from them too. She wasn't very clear about what exactly could be considered "suspicious". I think that this whole Walmart thing is very suspicious. What if a Walmart employee wants to get revenge on a person they know personally and reported them just because they don't like them? What if some kid just picked his nose and the employee didn't like that, could that be a reason for them to report his suspicious activity? It all sounds really creepy and I won't be visiting WallyWorld. I don't want to be singled out by their new methods of subjecting humankind to covert degradation and all in the name of Homeland Security.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
if walmart are doing such a good job keeping community's safe, why do they need people to be vigilant?
i think what she means is, we have offered a contract to walmart and they accept, that we can broadcast our message in their stores to get the public to report each other, if they are doing anything that person believes to be suspicious.

this sounds so 1984, so nazi like, that i was watching it with an open mouth, thinking "who is going to protect people against you"

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This sounds to me like Homeland Security is simply acting as the Walmart security force, based on what the Walmart employee said.

When was the last time a crazy, brown-skinned Muslin blew up anything at Walmart? Never!

I wonder if the greeter at the door could take down a suicide bomber BEFORE they set the bomb off?

This is just stupid!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Oh god no! Anything but Wal-Mart! Torture me, lock me away for ever... Just... PLEASE! Don't make me go to Wal-Mart!

lol. Had to say it.

But yeah... Just how secure would Wal-Mart be?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by chanel

Don't you get it? Walmart is a Corporate Interest. Corporate Interests are a bane on society, and should be dealt with the Constitutional way. Well, auto, what is the Constitutional way? Well, it's like this:
My question was not how the Constitution is being interpreted or how you interpret the Constitution, but rather what the original document had to say about corporations. In the 1st amendment the Constitution clearly draws a distinction between people and the press by singling out that particular industry for free speech rights. It does not do the same for corporations, all of this seemingly hinges on a single note contained in a ruling from the late 1800s. And it is not that the Constitution shies away from talking about these other entities, because it does and gives them specific rights and powers. So, in essence, a corporation, even the UNITED STATES CORPORATION, CORP. US has no power garnered from the Articles of Confederation and the Constitution. no power at all in any sort, of kind of legal sense of the law.

"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country."
Thomas Jefferson, 1812

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
You would have to take me "by force" to Walmart..

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
You would have to take me "by force" to Walmart..

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

You would literally have to put me in cuffs and a blindfold. The lights in that store make me dizzy and nauseous after about ten minutes of exposure.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by chanel

Walmart can also be used BTPTB to Hold Mental Patients . Most of them have Already " Checked In " ...;0

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Can anyone else imagine the buildings being used to jail locals that have broken the law? I mean in the future. If the merchandise was taken out. The space would be large enough to house a lot of people. Or do other things to tthem. Ma Wa Haha.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
What's all the fuss about?

DHS is only securing their Chinese employer's products and economy.

Gotta pay them somehow.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by chanel

I don't understand where the correlation is coming from in regards to the topic .er.
"When the prisons are full, we'll go to Walmart.:
Is Walmart housing inmates?
I digress?

The point I'm concerned with is "are American Tax dollars being used to fund this campaign and if so are our taxes paying for Walmart's security?

That's besides the point here

So, should we report Wal Mart for suspicious behavior? They seem to be encroaching ever further into the breast of the government, both local and federal. What place does Wal Mart have when it comes to public safety? They can't even control their crowds during Black Friday riots. Are we supposed to rely on them if something (REAL) ever did happen. Seriously, precious moments wasted trying to track down managers, when real assistance should be sought after. (MANAGERS) won't even come out of hiding to deal with a mildly irritated customer. It's not their style to get their hands dirty. This is plain out wrong.

edit on 12/13/2010 by reticledc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

report any suspicious activity that we see to the authorities... or Walmart employees (?).

You lot in America are screwed.

Report "suspicious" activity to WALMART employees??????????? WTF?

The only reason people work at walmart is because they have zero opportunities in life because they are so dumb and as close to amoebas as possible....but now you are SUPPOSED to report any suspicious activity to one of these no hopers. How are these people supposed to distinguish between something "alarming" and something vegetable based. I once went to walmart back in 2006 and not one of the staff there could tell me the difference between a potato and their own .s.

Good luck Americans, I hope their is nothing "suspicious" lying around like a basket with food items in or a checkout with...i dont know....shopping laid all over it.

edit on 14-12-2010 by c0ldPhr34k because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
What's all the fuss about? It's a commercial that Wal-Mart is going to air...

Don't any of you know anything about ad campaigns?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Same woman who said that , in regards to the underwear bomber, the Department of Homeland security was a success!

Great, so a woman who says that a man able to get on a plane with a bomb and almost ignite it, and calling our efforts a success, is now delivering security advice.................FANTASTIC!

Anyone else feel like they are being talked down to like a child with all this, besides me?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Ahahaha!! Thanks for posting the link to that. I was just checking out the people of walmart last week. I love those pictures. Its amazing what people are like.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join