It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Major Religions Are Based Off Sumerian Mythology & The Annunaki Were Oppressive Dictactorial Ali

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The Annunaki, how did these guys know the topology of our solar system way before us?
If not the Annunaki then Sumerians

This thread however is about a "What If"

Perhaps the Annunaki were aliens that wanted to use us as slaves and while they were here they needed us to be obedient and wanted control over the Sumerian people for who knows what, maybe dig gold or other natural resources.

And to establish control they forced the Sumerians to worship them, and the second coming is actually the return of Planet X and the Annunaki.

But over time greedy people saw how many continued to worship the Annunaki, and decided to create variations of the worship of Annunakis for their own form of control.

To be honest just thinking out loud here but thoughts?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I speculate that last weeks sermon, full of vibrancy and particular aims, was far more important to people, and to shaping events, than what some ancient Sumerian masters did, in fact, many thousands of years ago. The Sumerians had some masters over their thoughts. If they were good masters, then to promote future masters. If to evil thoughts, then to a religion of slaves. As with most topics, this finding and it's intents as directed to the audience, remains quite inconclusive ...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
cargo cult world
When the allies were in the pacific during world war two, the natives worshiped them like gods in some places.
Chocolate bars, lighters, canned milk, brassieres...all the wonders of the universe.

When the allies left, the natives built bamboo airports, with bamboo planes etc
trying to attract the "gods" back
for a second time...

Where have I heard this story before....?

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 13-12-2010 by Danbones because: wiki link

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Maybe someone here can help answer some questions of mine.

Considering Christianity is based exponentially on previous mythical history/stories insofar as astrology, and the Bible was wrote as an allegorical writing that is written in code to mask the hidden meanings so only TPTB (or those in the know) could understand it, and considering it has been used to brainwash and conform the masses making them too complacent to ever challenge authority, why is there writings of 'Jesus' in the Gospels that directly challenge authority? Whether Jesus was a real man or not, why did they include writings that challenged the church and TPTB? Do you think during the Council of Niccea there were at least a few powerful men who demanded some of Jesus' real teachings be put in and that is why they settled on a mixture of the two? It doesn't make sense to me...

I hope I wrote that in a manner that is understandable, if not tell me and I will try and clarify further what I mean.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

Made perfect sense

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Christianity is not, in fact, based on Astrology, or "Astrotheology", as the creators of "Zeitgeist" would lead you to believe.
All sources used to present that point of view in that movie, date much AFTER the life of Christ.

Check Youtube for "Take The Zeitgeist Challenge". Cash money for anyone able to produce even one source of this story that pre-dates Christ.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I think it would be prudent to settle on what you mean by the 'real' teachings of Jesus. How do you mean that and what are His real teachings then?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Sitchin and all his "teachings" should be reclassified as some sort of mental disease, it's a bad, easily disproven theory that just wont die.

The Annunaki, how did these guys know the topology of our solar system way before us?
If not the Annunaki then Sumerians

The Sumerians only knew of the motion of the inner planets and the two gas giants Jupiter and Saturn. They knew nothing of outer solar system past Saturn. Sumerians depicted stars as dots, and the sun as rayed. What you see in this depiction is one star (possibly the sun, center) in association with a grouping of stars - and not in a literal "map of the heavens" sense, but in a figurative way, the stars being associated with a deity, and groupings of stars indicating the relationships of a deity to another.

Sumerians didn't depict planets as round dots, they depicted them as crescents. The round dots depict stars.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/06d30caf467d.jpg[/atsimg]

Here's the actual intrepretation of this cylinder seal:
A Brief Analysis of Cylinder Seal VA 243 - from Sitchiniswrong.com

Here is another Sumerian cylinder seal, this one depicts the sun (the rayed star) along with the Pleides constellation (7 dots). As you can see it's very similar to VA243 in that it's showing Pleides as round dots (possibly representing one deity, in conjunction with a rayed star (representing another deity, possibly UTU).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1bcaf73c51ac.jpg[/atsimg]

Very similar to the one Sitchin has been creatively interpreting as a model of the solar system.

Sitchin went from the cylinder seal depicted above, to a new model for the creation of the solar system, as shown below:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/19bbfe804273.jpg[/atsimg]

Sitchin based his "Tiamat colliding with Nibiru" solar system theory on this single cylinder seal, and it doesn't even depict the solar system.

Never-mind the fact that this event according to Sitchin occurred billions of years ago, before the formation of the Earth - what exactly were these "Annunaki" supposed to be doing all that time? Were they just sitting around 4.5 billion years waiting for monkeys to evolve so they could begin breeding with them to create humans?

It's a ridiculous theory.

BTW, regarding your opening post, I can only see the Abrahamic religions having been influenced by the Sumerians, even then just barely.
edit on 13-12-2010 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GTORick

Right, well forget the word "real" and forget the whole astrology thing, although there are too many correlations between the two for me to say that is simply a hoax sources or no sources, the sun and the stars is all that is needed.

Anyways, let me rephrase the question: If Christianity is based on oppressing/controlling the people and making them complacent, then why did they include writings/stories in the Bible that demand challenging authority?

I am not implying anything by this question, it is something that I truly wonder.

top topics

join