It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Your Dreamtime More Fulfilling Then Your Waking Life?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Perhaps the current outer manifestations of limitations of travel due to the economy, costs, TSA, etc. is the perfect way to show us that now is the time for inner exploration and journeying.

I used to love to sleep a lot in order to escape from the waking world. But now my waking world is like my dream world, simply a longer extension with some more rules (gravity, shared reality), but nothing to complain about. I am living life as if it were a dream. It's simply a matter of breaking away from deeply ingrained beliefs of what is possible and not possible and opening up to every moment with no judgement. Once you do this you will see that the extraordinary is actually the "norm" of the reality of this world and universe.

That is not to say that the dream world is not interesting or useful. In fact, it is of upmost importance. We spend a third of our lives sleeping, it is irrational to think that 20 years of your 60 year old life is worthless and simply some mumbo jumbo dream stuff.

Dreams give insights into your subconscious,feelings, deep desires, any problems you need to resolve, solutions, learning and growth, new experiences, etc. The dream world is as equally important as your waking world. Keep a dream journal. After about 2 weeks look back and underline any themes/repetition, see any correlation between the dream world and the real world. You will gain much insight from doing this.

Tips on lucid dreaming: The easiest method I found for lucid dreaming is to look at your hands throughout your day. For some reason in the dream world, hands look weird. They don't look solid, perhaps you have less/more fingers, color is weird or everything looks simply distorted, like vibrating energy. So during your waking life, look at your hands several times a day and ask yourself "am I dreaming?" If you're hands look normal then clearly the answer is no. Doing this several times a day will ingrain the repetitive habit within you and it will carry over in to the dream world. You will be in the dream world and look at your hands and ask "am I dreaming?" and your hands will be weird/different and then boom! You become lucid, awake in your dream.

Next up, astral travel

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

In-ter-esting thread!

So you're dream life is lively eh? Hm. Yes the laws that govern the dream state are different than the laws that rule the waking hours. It's a universal thing I think. However, aside from specific aspects of the two worlds that make them distinctly identifiable, there is one thing they most suredly share...

The dreamer dreams as parts of the body enter hibernation mode and the dreamer dreams while driving down the road. Either way the experience is interactive and the dreamer is aware on some level.

To the point, my dream time has always been vivid for me, some times contrasting my every day life with an obvious other life. It's like when I fall asleep I walk through the wardrobe into another world. To me the dream land is the "astral plane", the subconscious mind, subspace, another dimension, etc. It's me in my physical, 3-D body exploring a world that transcends 3-D spacetime. I don't have to leave my body to "dream" or explore subspace, I can do it right from my physical body which is a planet.

The dreamer in me explores other worlds in other ways and they call it "day dreaming". It's the same thing except that my conscious is much more active in some ways and therefore rules over my subspace.

I think there's a lot more to how we relate to our world/s than we realize. And I think mostly that's because we're being blinded and stirred away from the construct and the progressive nature of the system that we are emerged in.

Starblossom

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
O yea, i would say it's so. In my dreams i do/experience things that to my knowledge you cannot do on our planet at this time. For example i go to places that are just great to be at,for example,on earth you have to be doing something fun at a place for it to be enjoyable,the places i go in dream are just good to be at nomatter what's going on.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
IMO , thoughts/dreams are all "just" sneakpeaks into the experiences of other parallel versions of youreself.

If you accept quantum physics to be universally true, italso means that you should also believe in parallel universes.

If atoms can be in more then two places at once, so can You ...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I have strange dreams that are crisper and more real than reality. Even as I write this, it feels dreamy and disconnected, but in my dreams, it is as if I had just woken up. I have a theory on this. Call me crazy, call me insane.
But I think I've been visiting the fourth dimension.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
For the most part yes my dreams are better than waking life, but I still seem to have the same types of problems as "real" life.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join