It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lost keys of Freemasonery

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The "Lost Key's of Freemasonery" I always thought was a test of intelligence... It is not something that someone passes to one another... it is learned by research, knowledge, ingenuity, cleverness, ect...

My understanding is if you go through their old literature and writings, that there is a hidden "Legend" to use as a "Key" to be able to read the secrets of the Freemasons in plain view... Kinda like your Bible Code... but for their doctrine... God knows what it is

Fox

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

Ahh, but now you are talking about the true meaning of masonry and it's amazing hidden secret. Few here care about that. Only that you command the reptilian overlords to do your bidding. Muhahahah. Finding that the hermetic teachings bring true wisdom, that's not nearly as exciting.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Oh so you guys do know after all, and there was me think you didn't hahah you boys really had me there.

So for example you know about the number 72 and how it relates to the human body? actually there's a challenge to all you "high ranking" masons right there.
Truth is I already know there wont be one among you who know it, even if I walked up the highest ranking member of the grand lodge of Freemasons he wouldn't know

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
So for example you know about the number 72 and how it relates to the human body? actually there's a challenge to all you "high ranking" masons right there.
Truth is I already know there wont be one among you who know it...

I know exactly what it means.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

So a little more info please, without going into too much detail obviously.....btw if you know it it will make my day :-)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by Pervius
That's their secret. They enslaved God himself.

Well in that case I command him to allow networkdude to have beer permitted in his lodge building.

Did it work, or are you still a beer-less schlub network?

I went by the lodge, no beer yet. I am hopeful! thanks so much for caring. And for not rubbing salt into an open wound and all.

While I am at it I also command him to turn JoshNorton into a newt.

You will get better.

again?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

So a little more info please, without going into too much detail obviously.....

I think you are trying to trick me into telling you when you infact do not know.

You go first and if you are right I will tell you as much.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
I went by the lodge, no beer yet. I am hopeful! thanks so much for caring. And for not rubbing salt into an open wound and all.

Nah. I think I will save the salt for the tequlia..............which we are also allowed to have.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

is your lodge in East Orange ?

Thanks , sorry not enough point to reply.
edit on 14-12-2010 by MightyWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Which do you mean, the 72 trace elements found in the human body? The fact that the human brain cycles @ 72Hz? The 72 names of God in Kabbalistic teachings? The 72 cubit tower? The 72 leaders before Nimrod? I could go on...
edit on 2010.12.14 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
The lost KEYS of Freemasonry?

Well, just think carefully, and retrace your steps. Where were you when you had them last.

Just to add obfuscation to prestidigitation, "Keys" has any number of meanings.

a. A notched and grooved, usually metal implement that is turned to open or close a lock.
b. A similar device used for opening or winding: the key of a clock; a can that has a key attached.
2. A means of access, control, or possession.
a. A vital, crucial element.
b. A set of answers to a test.
c. A table, gloss, or cipher for decoding or interpreting.
4. A device, such as a wedge or pin, inserted to lock together mechanical or structural parts.
5. Architecture The keystone in the crown of an arch.
a. A button or lever that is depressed to operate a machine.
b. A button that is depressed to cause a corresponding character or function to be typed or executed by a typewriter or to be accepted as input by a computer.
c. Music A button or lever that is depressed with the finger to produce or modulate the sound of an instrument, such as a clarinet or piano.
7. Music
a. A tonal system consisting of seven tones in fixed relationship to a tonic, having a characteristic key signature and being the structural foundation of the bulk of Western music; tonality.
b. The principal tonality of a work: an etude in the key of E.

And that's just the first seven modern English definitions......!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
The lost KEYS of Freemasonry?

Well, just think carefully, and retrace your steps. Where were you when you had them last.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

I don't know if you remember the debate we had on these forums a few years ago; but I want to apologize for getting so worked up about it (and this also goes out to Masonic Light, Cug, Hobbes, LightinDarkness, and anyone else who I may have spoken to uncivilly).

It is young dumb students of Gnosis like me who make the Gnostic Movement not look good, by getting overzealous about Religion and Occultism by arguing with others about it.

I still end up doing this to some degree at times, but am working on always remaining civil in any discussion.

Samael Aun Weor himself even wrote:

"Discussions and polemics have ruined many spiritual schools."

"We must always respectfully express our concept and allow our listener the freedom to accept or reject our concept. Everybody is free to think as they please."

"We need to have the mind of a child in order to enter into the Major Mysteries. We need to be like children in our minds and hearts. We need to be perfect as our Father who is in heaven is perfect. The great mysteries are not achievable through vain intellectualisms; the Major Mysteries are achievable with the heart of a child. We have known great Masters of the White Lodge who are totally illiterate."

"Up until now, I have only known two people who are prepared for Gnosis: an illiterate Indian Mama (shaman) and a woman."

Best Regards

edit on 15-12-2010 by Tamahu because: edited quote

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
reply to post by LUXUS

Which do you mean, the 72 trace elements found in the human body? The fact that the human brain cycles @ 72Hz? The 72 names of God in Kabbalistic teachings? The 72 cubit tower? The 72 leaders before Nimrod? I could go on...
edit on 2010.12.14 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

The ancients wouldn't have known such things as the cycle frequency of the brain, if that's even correct because I thought the brain cycled at many harmonics simultaneously. The 72 leaders has nothing to do with it and I had already mentioned that previously (its not secret info). The 72 cubits of the tower is just symbolic. The 72 names of god, actually yes that is somewhat relevant if you understand what is meant by that, again symbolic. Essentially it is a Kabbalistic secret.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

So a little more info please, without going into too much detail obviously.....

I think you are trying to trick me into telling you when you infact do not know.

You go first and if you are right I will tell you as much.

Oh dont worry about that, I was passed this information in great detail ;-)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I was raised to the sublime degree of master mason in May of this year. Recently, this Fall I received the Scottish Rite degrees (New Orleans Valley, although my home lodge is back home in Colorado). I've been enjoying the process so far. I wonder quite a bit about any real secrets and what they might be or if they've ever truly existed. For me at least, my experience has echoed the words of Homer, "The journey is the thing."

I say that because the journey itself has been the "secret" for me. It's similar to academics. Many people enroll in university. Some progress through untouched. They party with their frats and scrape by with barely passing grades. Some cling on to the social aspect. Some are business-minded and have goals continually in front of them. Some of us, however, were/are changed completely and utterly by the process....the Journey. We become true academics at heart. A person may ask us what we learned while in university and our answer (our secret) could be plainly given, but it would sound empty and anti-climatic. I mean, when you tell someone that the secret to academia is "learning to learn" or "the love of learning" it sounds simplistic at best. It's the truth though.

I tend to think the secrets of Freemasonry may be like that. It's more about the journey and how the journey changes you than about the destination itself. Perhaps there is no destination. To consider the academic analogy again I'd have to say that it's continual; I'm nearly 40 and I'm studying medicine. Eventually I'll be able to treat patients, but the learning experience won't stop until I shuffle off this mortal coil. And likely even then I'll find that true learning begins since, as a devout Christian I fully believe what the apostle Paul said about us currently seeing "through a glass darkly."

So, what are the secrets of freemasonry? Perhaps there is actually some philosopher's stone. Maybe there is a real secret with real evidential power. My guess though is that it will simply be a signpost and point us further along the journey. And anyway, what's the fun of standing at a precipice? I prefer not to find an end....other than my final rest in Christ.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Incidentally, I always find comments like those in this thread interesting where someone claims to know something and only ever hints at the knowledge. It's always highly suspect when the carrot is dangled and nothing conclusive ever stated. I fully understand how that feeds the ego of the person making the claim though.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AtticusNoble
"The journey is the thing."

you have it right. Keep looking for the answer to the all important question, and remember what you have been taught already to guide you along the way. Treat people well, practice charity whenever possible, never stop learning. I feel that our real secret is the way that you learn the lessons taught. They are in print for all to read, but one could never understand them without the experience. If you get a chance to go through your Scottish rite degrees in your home state, I would be very curious to hear what differences there are with New Orleans. Nice to see you here brother.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Thank you. And you're right about the "secrets" being in the way we're taught (i.e. - experiential). It's a bit like someone saying they've researched the "secrets of matrimony" and they've found out the pass and grip - "I do" and a kiss. It's all fine and good to know those data, but to really know what they mean you have to actually get married and experience it.

I'd definitely like to participate in Scottish Rite back in Colorado as well. I'm interested in seeing differences as well.

Originally posted by network dude

Originally posted by AtticusNoble
"The journey is the thing."

you have it right. Keep looking for the answer to the all important question, and remember what you have been taught already to guide you along the way. Treat people well, practice charity whenever possible, never stop learning. I feel that our real secret is the way that you learn the lessons taught. They are in print for all to read, but one could never understand them without the experience. If you get a chance to go through your Scottish rite degrees in your home state, I would be very curious to hear what differences there are with New Orleans. Nice to see you here brother.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Well I was one who claimed to know something about these secrets so I guess I must be one who is doing this for an ego boost. Think carefully though if what you say is correct then why all the secrecy, what is to keep secret, nothing?

Very broadly I will give you the following information about the general flavour of what these things consist of. I am not fully knowledgeable on all of these things and some of them I have no real interest in. They overlap and studying one results in learning something of the other.

The five arts

1, The knowledge of a psycho-physical technique, a meditation practice similar in some respects to various aspects in yoga. The human body can symbolically be thought of as a tree with 72 buds on it. When all 72 buds are open a human becomes enlightened though it is a very rare person who reaches that level in the art. This is the art the original Freemasons possessed. Called kabalaon by the ancient Egyptian priests this is the art Moses stole and gave to the Jews who now wrongly claim it as a “Jewish” knowledge…the kabbalah!

2, The knowledge of alchemy. The philosophers stone is a reality a substance which does not exist in nature but can be made by art. The artist purifies a substance called the prima material which contains the four elements. Under specific conditions and following a precise formula the four elements unite to create a substance which does not exist under natural circumstances. It is called the fifth element or quintessence, essentially it is consolidated vital force.

3, A knowledge of occult powers awakened in nature (unseen intelligences) through the performance various ceremonies and rites. Included in this is a knowledge of names and sacred geometry.

4, The knowledge of sound and how sound can be created of such a nature that it attracts an ozone from the atmosphere which has unusual effects such as rendering heavy objects light.

5, The knowledge of no knowledge, the void. The highest of all the arts to gain it you must give everything up and by having nothing you gain everything

edit on 17-12-2010 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join