It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naga Viper Chilli to be used as battlefield weapon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

It is so hot weapons experts plan to use a couple in a spice bomb to incapacitate enemy soldiers on the battlefield.
The Naga Viper chilli packs an astonishing 1,359,000 on the Scoville scale, which measures heat by the presence of the chemical compound capsaicin.
Experts at Warwick University carried out tests on the chilli and officially declared it the hottest.
It beat competition from the ferocious Bhut Jolokia pod - the previous holder - to take the title of the world’s hottest chilli in the Guinness Book of World Records.

MailOnline

I've never eaten a Ghost Chili before, but Habaneros are 1,000,000 points less then these and they suck! I won't try them again soon and can't begin to imagine what this is like.
edit on 12/13/2010 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
It would be not a good idea to have this as a weapon. I don;t what that weapon to land on any person it would be terrible.
I can eat habanero chilli now. When I was younger it was out of the question. But I can handle it better today but still in a small amount.
A lot of people think that people that eat chillies are crazy because they can't taste the food and their tongue and mouth literally feel numbed. But chillies contain capsaicin which is the active component which is of great use to the human body and has high amounts of vitamin C......and that's one of the reasons why I eat chillies.

Check this info from this link

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Weaponized Capsaicin... love it. Well, better for the environment than lead and DU, I guess..

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Here are some details about the weaponised chilli and where it will be used.

But scientists from India's Defence Research and Development Organisation have discovered that the spices which make your curry burn can also bring an enemy to his knees in secords.

They have created an 81mm grenade packed with red hot chilli, pepper and phosphorus to use in Kasmir where Islamic separatists linked with al-Qa'eda are fighting a long running insurgency war.

LINK

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by HEREFORD 1969

Thanks for the info.

I wonder if someone were to sneak a jar into a plane and it was dispersed the kind of consequences this would have. I mean there is no rules on powdered items, especially those made to look like something else. Might be enough to get a gun out of an air marshals hand, don't you think?
edit on 12/13/2010 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Interesting but for the record, capsaicin, has been weaponized for quite a while, just not at this level.

Pepper Spray

It's actually illegal to use pepper spray during war because it is a chemical agent. Wonder how this will be interpreted?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Wouldn't this be considered chemical warfare? Or does that not count because these peppers are "natural?"
I'd like to try one

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Wait a minute does tear gas fall into this category also then?
I didn't know it was not allowed to be used in wartime if it is.

And if it is not allowed to be used in wartime, then why is it allowed to be used by police on citizens?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I have had the painful pleasure of eating 15 ghost chili hot wings at a Wing place here in town. Took me 30 minutes, two rolls of paper towels and four glasses of milk. One of the glasses of milk was used to dip the paper towels in to wipe my mouth off after every bite. By the time I was finished, My eyes were nearly swelled shut, snot was dripping down to my waist and sweat was rolling off my head like humidity in a Brazilian rain forest. But hey! I got a t-shirt and my name on a plaque!

I can see how this stuff would be a useful battlefield deterrent!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Maybe.

Here is the text and the definition of riot control agent from the Chemical Weapons Convention

5. Each State Party undertakes not to use riot control agents as a method of warfare.

# 7. "Riot Control Agent" means:

* Any chemical not listed in a Schedule, which can produce rapidly in humans sensory irritation or disabling physical effects which disappear within a short time following termination of exposure.

I would guess that tear gas would fall under this definition. A quick look says that it does. Someone more knowledgeable may come along and clarify that.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
well I know the antidote it's whiskey sour .so if TPTB bomb you with Naga Chili Bombs be sure you get right in a huge tub of whiskey sour forget milk it doesn't work
I used to eat my towns hottest wings with a whiskey sour it's the only way to go

try it and tell me how it works out

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I can attest to the tear gas. I had to endure that stuff when I went through NAVY boot camp. The effects dissipate in minutes, if your definition of minutes is an hour or two.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HEREFORD 1969
Here are some details about the weaponised chilli and where it will be used.

They have created an 81mm grenade packed with red hot chilli, pepper and phosphorus

LINK

Phosphorus?!

Any chemists here? Is this the same thing as white phosphorus? If so, this chili would be pretty damn weaponized (and cancerous, not to mention a banned chemical weapon if it's intended use is to fire directly on targets). .

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

Phosphorus?!

Any chemists here? Is this the same thing as white phosphorus? If so, this chili would be pretty damn weaponized (and cancerous, not to mention a banned chemical weapon if it's intended use is to fire directly on targets).

Yes, I believe it is. The U.S. used white phosphorus in Iraq so I guess its allowed... lol

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
MY gosh, RHCP were Way ahead of their time.
I was going to post this as a joke but...
The lyrics:

What I've got you've got to give it to your mamma
What I've got you've got to give it to your pappa
What I've got you've got to give it to your daughter
You do a little dance and then you drink a little water

What I've got you've got to get it put it in you
Reeling with the feeling don't stop continue

Realize I don't want to be a miser
Confide w/sly you'll be the wiser
Young blood is the lovin' upriser
How come everybody wanna keep it like the kaisert

And the video.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

Phosphorus?!

Any chemists here? Is this the same thing as white phosphorus? If so, this chili would be pretty damn weaponized (and cancerous, not to mention a banned chemical weapon if it's intended use is to fire directly on targets).

Yes, I believe it is. The U.S. used white phosphorus in Iraq so I guess its allowed... lol

Supposedly for the "smoke screen produced" not as a direct fire weapon (it was used in Vietnam too). That is the legal loophole used by countries to circumvent the UN chemical weapons treaty. Phosphorus would bond with the capsacin creating a direct-use weapon. I doubt this is legal, internationally.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

That's right, they are using that legal loop hole to the very limits though.

Venable pointed out that WP was effective against enemy forces in covered positions that were protected from high explosives. "One technique is to fire a white phosphorus round into the position because the combined effects of the fire and smoke—and in some case the terror brought about by the explosion on the ground—will drive them out of the holes so that you can kill them with high explosives.

WP use is legal for purposes such as illumination and obscuring smoke, and the Chemical Weapons Convention does not list WP in its schedules of chemical weapons.

WP proved to be an effective and versatile munition. We used it for screening missions at two breeches and, later in the fight, as a potent psychological weapon against the insurgents in trench lines and spider holes when we could not get effects on them with HE (High Explosive) Rounds. We fired ‘shake and bake’ missions at the insurgents, using WP to flush them out and HE to take them out

en.wikipedia.org...

So, our military fires WP rounds at "terrorists" seeking shelter in caves until they run out covered in 3rd and 4th degree burns, then we shoot High-Explosive rounds at them until they disintegrate. Yep all legal… I guess that is war though.

This Chili bomb has the same effects as certain chemical weapons. It’s just a natural substance…

edit on 13-12-2010 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I fail to see what the big deal is most pepper sprays are 10% (2 million SCU) and 18% (3 million SCU) and these peppers are 1.3 million SCU so they still have to be concentrated. Only thing is they could use less peppers but the end product would still burn the same.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I believe this is perfectly legal under the Hague Convention, because in the annex to the covention,it plainly states;

to have a fixed distinctive emblem recognizable at a distance.

The group it is going to be used on are classified as domestic terrorists, and lack any internationally recognizable emblem
Also the group are not part of a internationally recognized military force either
LINK

edit on 13-12-2010 by HEREFORD 1969 because: add a bit more

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I find it funny that people dont want to use this as a weapon because its "chemical warfare"

However its non lethal........

So youre telling me bullets in the face are better than peppers in the face.........hmm......wheres the logic at?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join