It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks defectors to launch Openleaks alternative

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Wikileaks defectors to launch Openleaks alternative

www.bbc.co.uk

Wikileaks' former second-in-command is gearing up to launch an alternative to the high-profile website.

Daniel Domscheit-Berg, who left the site after disagreements with its founder, plans to launch Openleaks in the coming months.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
hmm interesting development indeed. it seems one of the co founders of wikileaks is releasing his own software that will allow any group to have a drop box that people can anonymously drop information into. this i gather is geared towards whistle blowers of all sorts.

pretty smart of Daniel. its an excellent information gathering tool. and he doesnt do a thing. basically he provides the platform and the whistle blowers provide the info. the respective agency they are reporting to does the investigation and openleaks gets the info. its brilliantly simple and effective.

now as long as there is complete transparency there wont be a problem.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 13-12-2010 by tim3lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
ooh, I am going to open LeakyLeaks.

dedicated to leaking secret information going on in wikileaks and openleaks..

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

its an interesting experiment to see how people love to jump on this secret revealing band wagon. Open leaks as far as i understand it will be providing a service and not an actual website per say. they will simply give lawyers and unions and any such agency a platform from which anybody can drop that information into. but its then up to that agency to verify those claims. im not sure if this guy is the philanthropist he claims to be or a very cunning profiteer.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Just a thought....I feel we all have to be very careful that we are not blindly walking into a trap led by our own good intentions. One that will eventually see governments utilize the same arguments we are now using to defend Jullian et al, against us as regards the protection and privacy of our personal information and confidentiality.

Dont getme wrong..I agree with the intention of Wikileaks..of disclosures that enforce governement and military accountability. I also believe in the right to privacy and due process though...and all people being under the same and single seclar law - whatever that law is in their nation - and governements being considered primary 'persons' nder law, so equally should be as accountable as you or I.
I know however that in my nation, if I recieve stolen goods, I will go to jail. I assume Julian is being held under the same premise....it is though, an outcome he chose to accept when he chose to disclose as did every editor and person directly involved etc..its a risk all revolutionaries take...part of the job description.

Since his jailing, things have become a lot clearer politically despite the outward view.....and now that the mud is starting to settle, there is a lot to see for those with eyes, in the reactions of people and governments the world over. Having scrolled through those..Ive started to see some things and have felt a huge need for caution arise in me...not panic..just huge red flags.

More and more this stinks of a set up...not led by anyone directly involved in wiki..but 'someone' else...a non state actor tweaking the puppet strings. It reeks of it.

More and more this entire situation is becoming just more evidence of the "long game" of social engineering in progress and this recent manover, the one happening right in front of us now..is most certainly a large part of it.

I feel that if we - wiki supporters and truth seekers world over - dont pause and consider our actions now..from a wider and eqally longer term perspective...our children will be the ones to take aboard the consequences should government decide to aceede to our own demands and adopt our mob rule stance and declare all information about anyone anywhere a freely marketable resource and render what few information theft, confidentiality and privacy laws that do exist moot.

This wouldnt help us one iota..but it would be of use and help to governement...not the visible one we elect..the one's with actual power...and would give them more reason to play on peoples/sheeples fears, and couold very well hasten and justify the implementation of verichip and ID cards and other forms of mass control.

It appears to me that in our reactions, we are handing them the means through which they will do this.

It feels to me that if we dont consider how our own position can be twisted and utilized against us, then it will be as if we are bending our own neck to the guilotine..yanking up the rope...and headed ultimately, to our own funeral.

This entire situation sounds like a red riding hood basket ...looks like a red riding hood basket...and we have to be careful we arent being or becoming our own wolf.

Good intentions are great in the air, worthless on the ground...good decisions are better.

Rosha.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Spookyleaks for ghosts and halloween costume deals.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Another poster beat you to it by 4 minutes... Already posted at 5:34.. 4 minutes.. talk about neck and neck!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rosha
Just a thought....I feel we all have to be very careful that we are not blindly walking into a trap led by our own good intentions. One that will eventually see governments utilize the same arguments we are now using to defend Jullian et al, against us as regards the protection and privacy of our personal information and confidentiality.

Dont getme wrong..I agree with the intention of Wikileaks..of disclosures that enforce governement and military accountability. I also believe in the right to privacy and due process though...and all people being under the same and single seclar law - whatever that law is in their nation - and governements being considered primary 'persons' nder law, so equally should be as accountable as you or I.
I know however that in my nation, if I recieve stolen goods, I will go to jail. I assume Julian is being held under the same premise....it is though, an outcome he chose to accept when he chose to disclose as did every editor and person directly involved etc..its a risk all revolutionaries take...part of the job description.

Since his jailing, things have become a lot clearer politically despite the outward view.....and now that the mud is starting to settle, there is a lot to see for those with eyes, in the reactions of people and governments the world over. Having scrolled through those..Ive started to see some things and have felt a huge need for caution arise in me...not panic..just huge red flags.

More and more this stinks of a set up...not led by anyone directly involved in wiki..but 'someone' else...a non state actor tweaking the puppet strings. It reeks of it.

More and more this entire situation is becoming just more evidence of the "long game" of social engineering in progress and this recent manover, the one happening right in front of us now..is most certainly a large part of it.

I feel that if we - wiki supporters and truth seekers world over - dont pause and consider our actions now..from a wider and eqally longer term perspective...our children will be the ones to take aboard the consequences should government decide to aceede to our own demands and adopt our mob rule stance and declare all information about anyone anywhere a freely marketable resource and render what few information theft, confidentiality and privacy laws that do exist moot.

This wouldnt help us one iota..but it would be of use and help to governement...not the visible one we elect..the one's with actual power...and would give them more reason to play on peoples/sheeples fears, and couold very well hasten and justify the implementation of verichip and ID cards and other forms of mass control.

It appears to me that in our reactions, we are handing them the means through which they will do this.

It feels to me that if we dont consider how our own position can be twisted and utilized against us, then it will be as if we are bending our own neck to the guilotine..yanking up the rope...and headed ultimately, to our own funeral.

This entire situation sounds like a red riding hood basket ...looks like a red riding hood basket...and we have to be careful we arent being or becoming our own wolf.

Good intentions are great in the air, worthless on the ground...good decisions are better.

Rosha.

Excellent point. i too am weary of this whole scenario, something doesn't add up and i cant put my finger on it.

It wouldnt surprise me in the least if all this was an elaborate scheme to see if anybody can crack the insurance files encryption. the question is whats inside. is it junk or gold???

if you think the military cant crack assange's encryption i think we seriously underestimate their power.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
Another poster beat you to it by 4 minutes... Already posted at 5:34.. 4 minutes.. talk about neck and neck!

as far as the BBC are reporting its not going to be a standalone website but will be linked to any affiliate sites that choose to "sponsor" open leaks. not sure what angle the article he is quoting is talking about but from what i read it doesnt mention anything about what the BBC article is talking about.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
already a thread about this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Lol.. I would like to see openleaks expose wikileaks for what they are.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Please post your comments in this earlier Breaking News thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join