It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four men sue NYPD after being held for 30 hours; for laughing at cops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Four men sue NYPD after being held for 30 hours; for laughing at cops
Posted by USAHM News on December 13, 2010 in Police State | 0 Comment

Yahoo News

Four Queens men claim they were locked up for more than 30 hours by cops seeking revenge on a crowd of men who laughed at an officer who couldn’t catch a fleeing drug suspect.

The men insist they didn’t even laugh, says their lawyer Gabriel Harvis, who filed suit against the NYPD and 10 unidentified officers in Brooklyn Federal Court. They believe they were arrested because cops wanted to take their frustration out on them, he said.

“The cops knew my clients had done nothing wrong, but they didn’t care,” said Harvis, who represents Abdul Kabba, Isaiah Barnes, Hasan Allen and Ishmial Deas. Police “were embarrassed, so they abused their power by locking them up anyway.”

The four were held for 27 hours in the 103rd Precinct stationhouse before the Queens district attorney’s office dropped the charges.

The suit claims the men were held four hours longer while the officers claimed they were completing paperwork. Law enforcement sources say the average detention time for arrestees in Queens is about 18 to 19 hours.

The incident started about 4p.m. on Aug. 19, when cops approached a group blocking an entrance to Rufus King Park in Jamaica and saw someone throw a bag in a garbage can, a police source said.

They began searching members of the group, including the plaintiffs. An unidentified man told officers he had smoked all the marijuana and took off running with a cop in pursuit, according to the suit.

usahitman.com...

news.yahoo.com...,ny

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Well this doesn't surprise me from those scumbags NYPD cops... which are among the WORSE in the US.

They are thugs, mafia-type scumbags... they're just at a whole another level.

I hope this guy win his lawsuit and put those scum in jail and they go bankrupt.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Just more evidence we're turning into a police state. I feel sorry for these guys, I hope they win their case and I hope the officers involved are fired, though I doubt that will happen.

join