It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rival Wikileaks whistle-blower website emerges, OpenLeaks to inaugurate Monday!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Rival Wikileaks whistle-blower website emerges, OpenLeaks to inaugurate Monday!

www.huffingtonpost.com

Several key members involved with online whistleblower WikiLeaks are said to be deserting beleaguered founder Julian Assange to form their own rival site, Openleaks, reportedly expected to launch Monday.

According to the Swedish newspaper Dagens Nyheter, the new site will be called "Openleaks," and like its predecessor, will allow whistleblowers to leak information to the public anonymously. However, the new site will differ in that it won't be responsible for hosting the information itself...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Ok, so now some Wikileaks personal decide to leave Julian Assange and form their own whistle-blower website. They claim the lack of transparency from Assange goes against their own beliefs.

OpenLeaks is said to be a transparent whistle-blower website.

After IndoLeaks, now OpenLeaks? What does it all mean to you? Do you think the fact that more and more websites of the like are emerging reduces the chances of spreading psy-ops disinfo?

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
the situation is pretty dire, sooner or later they will call of the censorship of the internet...

the internet is a power source for the people. in the NWO the people are not meant to have power...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
the situation is pretty dire, sooner or later they will call of the censorship of the internet...

END OF INTERNET PRIVACY? and reasons it should be... front page of CNN today.
Slowly but surely this will erupt and the patriot act of the internet will be passed by American congress and implemented world wide

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

How could this stop NWO from censoring the internet? It would need a total reform in the way it is scripted, which would take a hell lot of time! They're already censoring Google...Google is owned by a private corp. So this act would have to somehow convince or make it impossible for private corps. to go along with the government...just like MasterCard, Visa, PayPal, etc did with Wikileaks...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
There are already numerous topics dedicated to this subject, information is degrading with more and more topics that are begun, older ones with more information fall away.

Well, it's Monday and I see no sign of them besides a banner at the domain which has been there for days.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Cointel/Disino tactic: Take control of an opposition news outlet and spread a controlled version of your message. . There's no way to know for sure if this is a CIA attempt to co-op WikiLeaks or a genuine attempt to get it right the second time but it is something that should sit in the back of our minds if things start to seem fishy. .

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
what good is a deregulated, free internet, if it doesn't do anything that pi**es the tptb off anyways?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

They don't have to censor the internet... that would be difficult to do, and raise red flags and start protest.

All they have to do is clutter the web with leaks after leaks after leaks... so much clutter and disinfo dumped in large amounts that NO ONE will have time, or care to, sort it all out

So here we have wikileaks with 250,000 documents. How many of those have produced something that we can really sink our teeth into? In fact all we are doing is discussing wikileaks, Assange and this internal 'mutiny'. If all was rosey why would your second in command quit and start his own site?

All distraction, confusion, misdirection... it sure seems that way.

Now if any whistle blower out there has some good stuff, send it to me. I will guarantee to put it on ATS... a site that has the ear of many who care.

OH... but if you are a CIA, FBI, NSA or any of a myriad other three letter club agent, and want to send me disinfo disguised as a leak... don't bother I just want the real goods

errr unless you attach a nice check
then I might reconsider... hey I haz hungry ferrets

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

They don't have to censor the internet... that would be difficult to do, and raise red flags and start protest.

All they have to do is clutter the web with leaks after leaks after leaks... so much clutter and disinfo dumped in large amounts that NO ONE will have time, or care to, sort it all out

So here we have wikileaks with 250,000 documents. How many of those have produced something that we can really sink our teeth into? In fact all we are doing is discussing wikileaks, Assange and this internal 'mutiny'. If all was rosey why would your second in command quit and start his own site?

All distraction, confusion, misdirection... it sure seems that way.

Now if any whistle blower out there has some good stuff, send it to me. I will guarantee to put it on ATS... a site that has the ear of many who care.

OH... but if you are a CIA, FBI, NSA or any of a myriad other three letter club agent, and want to send me disinfo disguised as a leak... don't bother I just want the real goods

errr unless you attach a nice check
then I might reconsider... hey I haz hungry ferrets

i hear ya lol. i think you might be spot on with the fact that this is a dumb of useless to semi useless info. could be misdirection but at least it has the average joe starting to believe that the governments of the world are all in cahoots for nefarious reason which in my book is not such a bad thing.

the problem lies when a leader must be elected to lead the sheep and we always need to be led. if they control the leader then they control the flock its as simple as that.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
its impossible to control the internet

the only way would be to change hardware and everything

then people will abandon this one and create a new one

they can already do that by implementing an alternative DNS server ... so, really ...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Who's to say that the CIA did not get to Daniel, than Assange? Ehhhhhhhh?

Has anyone watched every single lecture out there with Daniel in it? I think I have watched 99% of them, maybe them all. In HAR2009, there were several lectures from Wikileaks, some are not on YouTube I think. Daniel is very nervous the entire way through every single one of them, he frequently rubs his hands and he is always on edge. Daniel also has very recognizable facial expressions and always looks to Julian for reassurance during his talks while pausing inbetween sentences. He looks more to Julian then the audience as a matter of fact.

Daniel also used a psuedonym, Julian did not.

So, the question is; What if Daniel has been compromised and everything is the other-way-around?

Julian gets busted, Daniel does a runner.

Daniel is going to make a lot of money from making a book about what goes on behind WL, all self motivated and more profit.

Though, as always I do hope his intentions are good but you have to think about the possibilty of Daniel being the one who has been compromised.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

END OF INTERNET PRIVACY? and reasons it should be... front page of CNN today.
Slowly but surely this will erupt and the patriot act of the internet will be passed by American congress and implemented world wide

The problem with that is the American Congress does not own the internet. If they tried to regulate .com they'd be regulating other country's laws too. I'm sure other countries would be upset with that.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Hmmm, so let me get this straight.
The

Swedish newspaper Dagens Nyheter
, the same 'sweden' that is wrongfully accusing Assange of rape is now stating his team are bailing on him.

Assange who's currently in prison and unable to communicate or talk to his counterparts will no doubt hear of this and be unable to act or discuss it with his friends/colleagues.

This stinks of a planned media release aimed at making Assange believe he is being deserted.

I wouldn't believe it.
edit on 13-12-2010 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
END OF INTERNET PRIVACY?

Since when was there Privacy on the Internet?

United States

FCC adopts Internet CALEA requirements. The FCC, pursuant to its mandate from the US Congress, and in line with the policies of most countries worldwide, has required that all telecommunication providers, including Internet services, be capable of supporting the execution of a court order to provide real-time communication forensics of specified users. In 2006, the FCC adopted new Title 47, Subpart Z, rules requiring Internet Access Providers meet these requirements. DPI was one of the platforms essential to meeting this requirement and has been deployed for this purpose throughout the U.S.
Main article: NSA warrantless surveillance controversy

The National Security Agency (NSA), with cooperation from AT&T has used Deep Packet Inspection technology to make internet traffic surveillance, sorting and forwarding more intelligent. The DPI is used to find which packets are carrying e-mail or a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phone call.[19] Traffic associated with AT&T’s Common Backbone was "split" between two fibers, dividing the signal so that 50 percent of the signal strength went to each output fiber. One of the output fibers was diverted to a secure room; the other carried communications on to AT&T’s switching equipment. The secure room contained Narus traffic analyzers and logic servers; Narus states that such devices are capable of real-time data collection (recording data for consideration) and capture at 10 gigabits per second. Certain traffic was selected and sent over a dedicated line to a "central location" for analysis. According to Marcus’s affidavit, the diverted traffic "represented all, or substantially all, of AT&T’s peering traffic in the San Francisco Bay area," and thus, "the designers of the ... configuration made no attempt, in terms of location or position of the fiber split, to exclude data sources comprised primarily of domestic data."[20] Narus's Semantic Traffic Analyzer software which runs on IBM or Dell Linux servers, using DPI technology, sorts through IP traffic at 10Gbit/s to pick out specific messages based on a targeted e-mail address, IP address or, in the case of VoIP, phone number.[21] President George W. Bush and Attorney General Alberto R. Gonzales have asserted that they believe the president has the authority to order secret intercepts of telephone and e-mail exchanges between people inside the United States and their contacts abroad without obtaining a FISA warrant.[22]

The Defense Information Systems Agency has developed a sensor platform that uses Deep Packet Inspection.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

errr unless you attach a nice check then I might reconsider... hey I haz hungry ferrets

I'll be in that but screw giving the news to ATS first..

We can setup phoneleaks.....1800LEAKS......
For a mere $1.00 a min you can listen to todays most popular leaks..

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The US wouldnt have to censor the whole internet, just censoring US access is enough for them. I'm also afraid that so many of these leaks sites are opening up, that tptb will try to leverage them to their benefit (more disinfo). It can be devastating to countries if 'rumors' instead of real 'leaks' start comming out; I imagine everyone will be even more cautious about everything.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Personally, I dont like the idea/concept of "Openleaks", since they will only operate as a "collection point" Once a piece of information has been received, it will be "passed on" to partner media and non profit groups.....say like Newscorp or the CFR....yes wild examples...and they shall be free to pick and choose what information they wish the sheeples to see.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It should be noted that the main reason I have heard for the new OpenLeaks site is that there was an opinion/concern that Wiki was concentrating too heavily on the U.S...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
First thing I noticed in there intro video is about half way through they introduce transparency as a linchpin to their leaked information.

Front and center in the animation is the all seeing eye. We all know what that means.

They could have made the video WITHOUT that aspect.

Yet, I would guess, that were you are a very bizee blood sucking elitelist and don't have but 3-4 mins to spare for video's from the interwebs (disgusting) rest of the non-l33t world;

One of your uberleet advisors could recommend that you watch "just this one" web video explaining how mid level leets are attempting to keep control of information leaks and KNOW once you see that eye ... Everything will be OK.

For the rest of us... Forewarned is forearmed.

top topics

join