It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto ads on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This is kind of [snip] up in my opinion

Monsanto being the biggest producer of genetically modified seed....and is being advertised here on our beloved ATS

I find that to be very ironic

that'd be like promoting the kieth olberman show on fox news!!!

be good

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 2010/12/13 by GradyPhilpott because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Links or evidence usually help if you want to make a point ...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
You do realize that Monsanto is just in the ad stream. We get a lot of Monsanto and GMO and ORGANIC keywords on the board. Thus Monsanto ads get targetted to ATS. In fact, the more threads you visit like that, the more likely you are to see those ads.

It is ironic, but totally normal when using an external ad service.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Not surprising in the least, especially when you consider the ads shown are designed to be relevant to the content therein.

In a topic, thread or forum where Monsanto is a highly-discussed and focused-upon entity, it seems only right and proper that such an ad would be displayed. (?)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

I am on this site everyday and i have never seen it. But even if there was, You are assuming that the owners of this site agree Monsanto is bad. Their beliefs and many others are different on every level of discussion. Thats what makes this site so good.

We can't take everything at face value.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

just though it was amusing....

not bad mouthing ATS

be good

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Considering there is a conspiracy for everything under the sun...if ATS started to eliminate advertising based on content (lets pretend they actually could dictate that)...eventually there would be no subjects to advertise...and of course the subject of advertising in general being part of the machine...etc

and Keith Olberman rules!
(figure some of you might get a rise out of that)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by russ1969
reply to post by BadBoYeed

I am on this site everyday and i have never seen it. But even if there was, You are assuming that the owners of this site agree Monsanto is bad. Their beliefs and many others are different on every level of discussion. Thats what makes this site so good.

We can't take everything at face value.

You mean there exist people who think monsanto is.....good?!

I get thats it the ad system they have which causes this ad to come up But monsanto is evil; and genetically modifying food, is evil. Plain, and simple. Its not good for us, or the environment.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
just though it was amusing....

not bad mouthing ATS

be good

Oh. I most certainly wasn't inferring that at all... just that it shouldn't seem a 'surprise', especially given the amount of thread/topics which are focused on Monsanto and GM foods board-wide.

That's all.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

I would hope everyone knew Monsanto was evil, But i wouldn't assume they thought that.

Some people may even think it's the next best thing since sliced bread. Just think of it as a reminder every time you see the ad Of how evil they are.

new topics

top topics

join