It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens of passengers hurt as cruise ship is battered by heavy storms in Mediterranean

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Dozens of passengers hurt as cruise ship is battered by heavy storms in Mediterranean

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Dozens of cruise ship passengers were hurt after their luxury liner was battered by an intense storm which caused it to rock dangerously from side to side.

American and British passengers were among the injured when giant waves forced the Brilliance of the Seas to violently list several times, sending passengers and furniture flying.

Photos taken by those on board showed the ship was left devastated - the Christmas tree in the main atrium was upended, rooms were ruined and windows were smashed
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 13-12-2010 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
First off.. the pictures of the OUTSIDE of this ship are actually from the other cruise ship recently battered by waves of the coast of Antarctica.

This one however is a Royal Caribbean Ship in the Med.

Now I've been on a RC ship and they are wonderful, until something like this happens...

Now having been in the Med, I don't recall seeing high seas at all except for the bay of Haifa ...

Is this a winter thing that these ships are running into or is this something bigger that is occurring across the globe?

www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Video here:
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

And here:
www.youtube.com...

edit on 12/13/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: link

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Must have been quite a storm. Here is another ship in the Caribbean... sailed right into a storm 11 stories up the waves were coming over, yet the ship hardly moved

Captain and Crew desert ship....

edit on 13-12-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon,

Do you think this is something which is "new" to happen all over the globe like this?

Or is this a normal global cycle?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
At the moment I would say normal cycle. If the boat was rocking back and forth like they say, it seems likely the captain didn't turn into the wind. Just google cruise ship in storms happens a lot, but even 11 foot waves like the one I posted barely move a ship headed into the wind

When the Ice age starts... then we can worry...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
At the moment I would say normal cycle. If the boat was rocking back and forth like they say, it seems likely the captain didn't turn into the wind. Just google cruise ship in storms happens a lot, but even 11 foot waves like the one I posted barely move a ship headed into the wind

When the Ice age starts... then we can worry...

So you think that all three of these crazy seas

1. Antarctic just south of chile
2. Med ... Tis story
3. The carribeean one you mentioned

That all three are part of a normal cycle?

new topics

top topics

join