It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Saboteurs strike strategic Iraq oil pipeline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The oil pipeline was being secretely used to get crude to the south of Iraq. The northern crude is usually piped to Turkey; however, that pipeline was damaged by terrorists.

www.reuters.co.uk
Saboteurs have attacked a strategic oil pipeline linking Iraq's northern and southern fields, further cutting exports that were halved by a hole blown in another pipeline a day before, officials and witnesses say.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The new Iraqi government needs the pipelines to be fully functional. It is clear that anything that hurts the new Iraqi government is good for the terrorists. However, stopping Iraqi crude from reaching the world market is also in the best interest of other oil producing nations.

[edit on 5-7-2004 by John bull 1]

[edit on 6-7-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
According to the BBC:

One of the main export pipelines in southern Iraq has been breached, UK military officials say. Early reports said a fire was raging on the pipeline, which carries crude oil to facilities on the Faw peninsula.

news.bbc.co.uk...

However, a British spokesperson now says there was no fire and no sabotage. The pipe was breached and they are trying to find out what happened.

Looks like a case for whoever invented the "wardrobe malfuntion" phrase. Perhaps a spontaneous unplanned discharge of concentrated energy that caused molecular seperation of the pipeline.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I've often wondered about the insanity of destroying the very pipelines that are the lifeblood of your country's economic future. It never made sense to me, until I read this:

However, stopping Iraqi crude from reaching the world market is also in the best interest of other oil producing nations.

Now the question is,why don't the Iraqi people realize this and rise up against it? They should be taking turns camping along the pipeline to protect it.

join