It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beating the full-body scanner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Beating the full-body scanner

www.economist.com

It is very likely that a large (15-20 cm in diameter), irregularly-shaped, cm-thick pancake with beveled edges, taped to the abdomen, would be invisible to this technology, ironically, because of its large volume, since it is easily confused with normal anatomy. Thus, a third of a kilo of PETN, easily picked up in a competent pat down, would be missed by backscatter "high technology". Forty grams of PETN, a purportedly dangerous amount, would fit in a 1.25 mm-thick pancake of these dimensions
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Wow... so much for the backscatter... and I bet they didn't even test to see how hard it would be to get something through..

No real penetration test, then no real defense mechanism... that's the adage....

Folks, please do not forget that no matter what anyone does... We are the Elite

So what now TSA? What's your next move in trying to prevent the unpreventable? Personally I think the best answer is a well armed and informed... public

www.economist.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
There are other ways also but this proves just like beating a police dog, if you fool the operator you beat the system.

I never believed these units were for our safety to begin with, they are just trying to give the illusion of safety to promote safer air travel in the recent years decline. But they took it too far.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Thats nothing...I saw this video where this guy was pat down by the TSA and he urinated on himself...of which he supposed to have some stomach bowl issue ....check it out Link To Video
But its crazy as to how so many things are happening.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I just went through security screening yesterday, at Washington/Dulles airport and the full nude scanner was shut down, not being implemented. Nobody was asked to go through it and it was roped off. I took it as a small temporary victory.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by binkbonk

I would as well!... though that info could prolly be classified as "putting lives at risk"

:-)

new topics

top topics

join