It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greece : 2,000 locals attack riot police with molotovs, sticks, stones and gun shots in Keratea, Att

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

Truth hurts? You weren't expecting that, did you?
Well, that's the objective historical truth. I'm just comparing two acts of violence.
I am no America hater, every country has some shameful parts of their history.
Violence is not always wrong like you said, sometimes it's needed. What I was trying to say is that Greek violence is more justified than American violence in the past.
And please don't try to evaluate my intelligence level, that's not your job, nor specialty.
edit on 14-12-2010 by imnessie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by whipsandchainsamerica
A TWO day battle,because the people dont want the land they live on to be polluted. This is unheard of,a civil war. So they land they enjoy isnt ruined. People actualy fighting the power without just sitting and listening to the government say this is what we are doing like it.

So let me get this straight...

The "people" are in a "battle" because they don't want their "land" to be "ruined".

However isn't it just FASCINATING how in doing so, they're ruining their own neighborhoods and the land!

Wonderful, wonderful! Lots being accomplished there! This will cause change and the NWO and Governments will be overthrown!

Just peachy! Your common sense goes above and beyond! It's Absolutely delightful.
edit on 12/14/2010 by agent violet because: structuring

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

If violence is so wrong what would you suggest?
Violence is used in Revolutions. Revolutions happen because the current order in a country is totally wrong. Violence is needed to destroy the old order and to rebuilt things from scratch, to start them anew.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by imnessie

Truth hurts? You weren't expecting that, did you?
Well, that's the objective historical truth. I'm just comparing two acts of violence.
I am no America hater, every country has some shameful parts of their history.
Violence is not always wrong like you said, sometimes it's needed. What I was trying to say is that Greek violence is more justified than American violence in the past.
And please don't try to evaluate my intelligence level, that's not your job, nor specialty.

I said no such thing! Again the depth and ever-expanding vastness of your comprehension level will never cease to Astound me!

The post you initially posted a page ago was:
NONFACTUAL. UNTRUTHFUL. OUT OF CONTEXT. ILLOGICAL, and REDUNDANT.

I can only lead the horse to the river I cannot make him drink. And I'm afraid this river has run dry.

Best of luck with all your future endeavors.

edit on 12/14/2010 by agent violet because: grammatical fix

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
it's going off in italy to.

www.bbc.co.uk...

people are getting sick of corruption.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

If violence is so wrong what would you suggest?
Violence is used in Revolutions. Revolutions happen because the current order in a country is totally wrong. Violence is needed to destroy the old order and to rebuilt things from scratch, to start them anew.

Ah. Just noticed you edited your above post, to the extent of changing it to something different altogether! I'm sure glad I quoted in my previous post.

Wonderful response though really. It has so much substance!

You're stating that you approve violence and are in support of it being propogated!

Just peachy.

edit on 12/14/2010 by agent violet because: sentence fixes

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

"Just peachy." is that your catch phrase? You should seriously consider a career in show business. You're really amusing. I asked you for suggesting alternatives to violence, you failed in giving such. You should probably also consider a career as a fashion model, considering your conventional pacifist world-peace answers.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

"Just peachy." is that your catch phrase? You should seriously consider a career in show business. You're really amusing. I asked you for suggesting alternatives to violence, you failed in giving such. You should probably also consider a career as a fashion model, considering your conventional pacifist world-peace answers.

That term as you ever-so-eloquently put it has been in existence since prior to 1940. As can be seen here:wiki.answers.com...

Now, side-stepping the rude commentary and suggestions, I will answer the (what I had interpreted originally as rhetorical) question that you posed.

What do I suggest as an Alternative to Violence?

Well I propose protesting where the city doesn't get burnt down by vandals under the guise of protesting, where personal property isn't recklessly destroyed by said vandals, where protesters have INTEGRITY and COURAGE, and most of all REASON. Not brazen acts of violence and terror. That is the alternative. I will ALWAYS be in favor of propogating PEACE, whereas you are in support of VIOLENCE and PROPOGATING VIOLENT ACTIONS.

Nothing positive will EVER come out of VIOLENCE. ONLY PEACE.
edit on 12/14/2010 by agent violet because: punctuation

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Rude suggestions? Do you expect being threaten like a lady? If so, well, there's gender equality, so being a lady means nothing these days. You'll be threated as a guy.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

So you can't come with making your own catch phrases and terms?
How uncool! That's so like uncool, considering your intellectual claims.

When you make replies like that, you are only HUMILIATING yourself, and making what my previous presumptions of you were prove to be correct.

You are also deterring the thread's objective and discussion when you make OFF-TOPIC and IMMATURE responses as such.

I will no longer be responding to any of your posts. The scope of your ignorance from the above quote has just proven to me that my time has come to leave this in search of those with a higher grasp of maturity and insight.

Good luck with life.

EDIT TO ADD: So it turns out you edited the above post and posted the following in its place:

Rude suggestions? Do you expect being threaten like a lady? If so, well, there's gender equality, so being a lady means nothing these days. You'll be threated as a guy.

Again you are only HUMILIATING yourself with responses like that.

Best in all you do.

My time with you is finished.

edit on 12/14/2010 by agent violet because: added second quote

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

They're not immature, they're emotional.
What's so wrong with being emotional?
Answer me on PM, not here, let's stop the chatting!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

They're not immature, they're emotional.
What's so wrong with being emotional?
Answer me on PM, not here, let's stop the chatting!

No thanks.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Can we please keep the thread on topic?

Greece : 2,000 locals attack riot police with molotovs, sticks, stones and gun shots in Keratea, Att

Let's be civil as well,

Thank you

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
And what would you have us Americans do? Take up arms against who?

There is much error in your logic. Since you do not live here you cannot speak firsthand. This is still the greatest country in the world and many of us live in luxury and enjoy our freedoms on a daily basis. If I have a roof over my head, running water, an education, an automobile, a happy family, and food in the refrigerator what else cold i possibly want? Corrupted governments are worldwide, not just in this country. We Americans know that we are being duped on a daily basis, but now is not the time to take up arms, it is not that bad yet. I used to think it was, but that is when I focused on the negatives instead of the positives. There is so much to still be thankful for. Anger will consume you if that is all you focus on and who wants to look back on their life and see it was wasted on hate?

What you are calling for is systematic class warfare where the poor lash out like animals at the rich. Well in America everyone has an opportunity to become wealthy, after all this is a democracy. I know millionaires who started out as immigrant, founded great companies and became wealthy through hard work, not by putting a bandana over their face and rioting in the streets. Anarchists are nothing more than thugs looking for the easy way out.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Is there a more current thread on Greek riots? I did a quick thread search and this is the most recent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join