It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Yeah, I know, it's a cartoon, but an exceptionally well-done one.

For those who just can't get enough of the Star Wars universe, it's certainly worth a look. I started watching these when going home on my lunch hour, and quite a bit of story each half hour episode.

Takes place basically between the 2nd and 3rd prequel films (before Dooku's death, and before Anakin turns)...Anakin is already a Jedi, and has a padawan of his own. Padme is a senator, and Dooku is still around.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I catch a glimpse every now and then while I wait for Adult Swim to come on. From what I've seen it is pretty decent. My father instilled the love of Star Wars into me lol. I even played the pen and paper rpg, oh so much fun.

I saw the tail end of an episode the other day where all trooper clones were standing in a room together, both older and young ones. I found myself thinking "is that not creepy, standing in a room, basically talking to yourself?" The kids gotta be thinking "oh man, is that what I'm gonna look like?"

One other thing I like about the troopers is that even though they are clones, they seem to get their own personalities.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

Right, just like twins, I suppose. I haven't seen a lot of the clones in the more recent episodes.
I also love the "Starship Trooper" newsreel style they open the shows, with what is happening in the war....

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Didnt mind initially but lost interest as it doesnt seem canon with the designs. However I know now they are assimilating the desings more closely to ep 3 but something about the show I dont like, I think its becase we KNOW the outcome of all the characters so any suspense is just rubbish ie i saw one episode about a jedi who gets knocked off in ep 3 but the announcer was saying 'will he survive?'...yeah well obviously. I guess its for kids who have never seen the films who might believe the suspense as for me, doesnt work therefore failed to care. Also I hate ASOKA its like sponge of the star wars universe. Worse then jar jar

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball
Worse then jar jar

Absolutely NOTHING is worse than Jar Jar. Shame on you for saying such thing

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Asoka is in there for the female audience, to be sure, but then again, Padme fills that role too. I agree that it would have been better (and more canon) to leave her out of it.

At least there is a bare minimum of Jar Jar in it.

The original trilogy had it's Jar Jar too you know (Wicket). Luckily though, Wicket didn't say much more than "Yub yub"...so less annoying.

Personally, the books of the Star Wars universe have been fantastic....so I'm all about anything set in this world (of worlds, I suppose).....

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I could never understand why the Jedi were all OK with having clones created and raised to be front line soldiers. In the cartoon they make it out to be no big deal.

I also didn't understand why in Ep. 3 the emperor was able to make them all turn on the jedi. It made them all seem to lack free will which contradicts the cartoon. Were they all cyborgs?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Thats why the clone wars is a massive mistake and also just a cash grab by lucas arts for the younger audiences who most likely havent even seen the films. Your hardcore fans either love it or hate it. Some like it because its the only SW out there and others hate it for all sorts of reasons like me hahah I just dont like the nature of it I guess ive out grown the feel of it

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
/Nerd glasses on

From what I have read Order 66 was a "just in case" order in the event that the Jedi betrayed the Republic. Palpatin used the the attempted arrest by Mace Windu to justify the order (I think he even blamed his disfigurement on Windu, can't remember). There was a similar order for the Supreme Chancellor should he/she betray the Republic so everybody thought is what just a protocol thing.

/Nerd glasses off

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Well said I think the clone wars personally was a bad direction it wasnt a significant enough period. They should have foced on ep3-4 gap like they did with starkiller in the force unleashed, would have tied in with the game and been awesome and darker even if it was CGI. I guess being darker its harder to sell to the younger crowd compared to us old school fan boys

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I could never understand why the Jedi were all OK with having clones created and raised to be front line soldiers. In the cartoon they make it out to be no big deal.

Yeah, never was a fan of that. However, in the cartoon, they do seem to care for them as individuals, and for their well-being (they don't treat them like disposable droids). We don't really see a lot of clone interaction in the films, so hard to tell.

I also didn't understand why in Ep. 3 the emperor was able to make them all turn on the jedi. It made them all seem to lack free will which contradicts the cartoon. Were they all cyborgs?

I think as said above, he had already laid the groundwork that the Jedi may betray the Republic, and the order was a "just in case" order to be followed immediately. Their training while clones, was what made them obey the order.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Hmm well I hate it in fiction when a large group of individuals seem to have no problem doing something unethical. The clones fought alongside the Jedi for years. Then again since they are clones I guess they would all be thinking the same way? But on the other hand, they suspiciously became very terrible at aiming in the later movies..

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Yes, but that contradiction is even in the movies...

Obi Wan, when seeing the attacked Sand Crawler...."Those blast marks are too precise for Tuskan Raiders, only Imperial Stormtroopers have such precision" (or something like that).

and yet, they always see them miss when we see them later in the films (well, one did shoot Leia in the shoulder in Jedi).

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I love being a nerd
. Apparently science may have an explanation for the crappy aim of the troopers!

The biggest star wars plot hole explained by science!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Lol, thanks for that. I don't really think it was something George Lucas had in his mind though, since we see bad guys with poor aim all over fiction. Typically the good guys in other movies don't have problems killing them if they can see their faces.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Oh I know. I've just got internet ADD so I'm all over the place. I pick up seemingly random tidbits of information from places and end up getting to use them from time to time. I just happened to have read that a while back

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

Hehe, that's actually pretty funny, and a decent explanation...
Maybe that's why modern militaries use paintball guns to train.
Personally, I LOVE shooting my fellow man with a boatload of paint from my automatic Tippman A-5!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Qui-Gon Jinn is featured in upcoming Star Wars: Clone Wars episodes on January 28th and February 11th. Liam Neeson is returning as the voice of Qui-Gon.

Article and Video

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Neat...though he's dead at the time of the series.
???

Still, supposedly he is the one who learned that ghost trick.
edit on 24-1-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join