It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Copyright Group Sues Lawyer for Aiding BitTorrent Defendant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

US Copyright Group Sues Lawyer for Aiding BitTorrent Defendant

www.osnews.com

so it seems only fitting to end this Sunday with yet another story on this subject. This one isn't so much anger-inducing as much as it is what?-inducing - you'll either laugh or cry. It basically comes down to this: a smart lawyer is selling self-help packages to aid victims of the mass-P2P lawsuits in the US, and now the media companies behind those lawsuits are suing this lawyer
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
torrentfreak.com
torrentfreak.com
store.payl oadz.com

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Graham Syfert, the man helping those being pressured most by the corrupt legal system, special interest, ICANN, and the US Government, is in a bit of a pickle himself. He's being threatened left and right and having to devote a lot of his time to fighting his own legal battles just for representing torrent sites and "pirates". I wish him the best, especially for standing up to those trying to destroy the free web.

Thanks - Support Internet Freedom.

www.osnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Yup, and U torrent, and Bit torrent are a god send, allowing for the ability to obtain good information. Not to mention videos

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Lawyers get sued for being a lawyer.
Media get arrested for releasing media.
Citizens get labeled terrorist for supporting the Constitution... their civic duty.

pinch me please

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
They are suing thousands of people for $2500 each for downloading movies, then just because this lawyer gives them $20 packages on how to defend yourself from this they want to sue him and threaten to double the settlement fees they want from defendants to $5000. How petty of them, I hope this turns more people against the music/movie industry. Hopefully anonymous goes after that group also.

Good thing for me I don't have any seizable assests in my name
or any garnishable wages that they will be able to find out about, so I hope they waste their time going after me.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Pinch

welcome back to reality

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Same thing happens to the lawyers that defend "holocaust deniars".

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Then according to the media, downloading a movie is akin to genocide. I wonder if they'll put that in their next hyperbole commercial.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by metro
reply to post by mayabong

Then according to the media, downloading a movie is akin to genocide. I wonder if they'll put that in their next hyperbole commercial.

hahahah that would be funny actually.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I always enjoyed this image:

new topics

top topics

join