It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Appears to Censor Wikileaks-Related Trends

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Twitter Appears to Censor Wikileaks-Related Trends

www.osnews.com

s past week I found it utterly weird that none of the words #wikileaks, #cablegate, #cables, #Assange were actually "trending". I even tweeted about this 5 days ago. Today, my fears of secret censorship seem to be coming true. It appears that Twitter is censoring all these words, so they don't appear in the (much-used) Twitter "trends" list.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
bubbloy.wordpress.com
studentactivism.net

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Seems like Twitter is going against its principles. You can tweet about how much you had to drink this past weekend, but oh jesus, please don't post something of relevance. Whether or not you like wikileaks or think its a cia-op, conspiracy, or what not, censorship isn't the answer. The free web as we know it seems to be in a bit of trouble.

Thanks - Support Internet Freedom.

www.osnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I support censorship on Twitter. The more Twitter censors important topics and encourage triviality, perhaps the more people will realize how pointless Twitter is. I mean, seriously!! Who gives a crap if Kim Kardashian is doing RIGHT NOW.

On Wikileaks however, I maintain my suspicions about it but I support "free" speech so rock on, I guess.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

I agree, but on a moral level censorship on the web of any kind is wrong, even if it pertains to rich idiots who are only famous for being spoiled, rich, and well... idiotic.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
It does look like a cyber war is building ground after the few initial skirmishes. The flag in this one is our minds. The mass media monopoly took a while to complete and now the internet is slipping under this control. There are no state boarders in this war, so even the politicians will have to realize just what it means before voting on which way to go. As reasoned debate about the issues is hampered, war mongering rhetoric generally follows.

The PTB are putting the pressure on to quieten all the waring bells that are getting raised, without confronting the reason these alarms are going of it is going to bite them on the ass.

new topics

top topics

join