It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A list of things to come

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I know that this is not so much news as it is Wikipedia, but I was looking at this page in wikipeda as you do and noticed that it seems to be updated at time progresses. I would keep an eye on this folks. If you know anything about the Transhuminist movement it seems that what they are predicting will come to pass. I dont know about you, but I for one cannot wait for the day when I can download myself to an immortal robotic body that has no need for sleep, food or drink, and needs only electricity to operate.

List of emerging technology

I really like the idea of nanowire batteries. I carry my laptop alot more today then I ever had, and if I can get a 4 pound one that does as much as my ten pounder, then so much the better! What do you guys think would be most useful to you. I know the organic LED sounds cool. Also keep an eye on the Related Articles collum, I swear I say 'Holodeck' as a refrence.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Why bother with the robot? With the wonderful technology you could just hook yourself to the virtual reality of you choice while still at home, lying on your virtual bed , connected to feeding tubes and wearing your all day diaper ! Why venture out into fresh air , when you can experience all from within your mind and the safety of your home? The whole transhumanism thing sounds scary to me.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obinhi
I dont know about you, but I for one cannot wait for the day when I can download myself to an immortal robotic

Then they can erase any inconvenient memories at will. Or maybe upgrade you to the correct current political mindset. Or better yet put you to work toiling endlessly, forever, without stop or sleep.

No more uproar over taking away your rights, property, life, liberty and happiness... hmmm wonder why they aren't pushing this in the media as a good thing?

Oh... wait... they are!
Example 1
Example 2

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Obinhi

Having only just become a new member of ATS I wanted.to post something similar. Now think on UFOs in America. If the American military are not bothered with this phenomena then that automatically leads to the conclusion that they have this technology or know those that have it. The majority of people seem to argue on this premise alone. but take it another step.Now using the premise that they know they are in possesion of technology to 1: a stand alone power system. Not oil based. 2: A system that allows non thrust type hovering ie anti-gravity. In conclusion if they DO have these technologies then they are seriosly with-holdies vital information that could benefit the whole of humanity. I firmly believe this and they should be hung drawn and quartered for their flagrant decision to keep this technology to themselves. With the inclusion of the American public.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
That is very interesting. I was particularly fascinated by the fact that force fields were on the list, I didn't realize that anyone was actually trying to make them a reality. I followed and read the link, but it was a pretty vague explanation, anyone else have any more information on this?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by crayzeed
I firmly believe this and they should be hung drawn and quartered for their flagrant decision to keep this technology to themselves.

I second this notion.

Got rope?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Plasma Window

This is the first step, from there its a small matter of covering a large body, such as a astrosuit or small craft, in a field. You just (I say it as if it were easy) have to get the magnetic fields to act the way you want them and you can do quite a bit with plasma.

top topics

join