It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karzai says he'd 'choose the Taliban' over US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Karzai says he'd 'choose the Taliban' over US

www.rawstory.com

"If I had to choose sides today, I'd choose the Taliban," Karzai seethed.

The "main enemies" of Afghanistan are the Taliban, the United States and the international community, according to Karzai.

In August, Karzai had surprised the US Embassy in Kabul by announcing that he was banning foreign security contractors.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I would say his stance is about to even get more stanch against the incursion with draconian garbage like this being imposed:

www.rawstory.com...

This conflict and Iraq have gone so far past the point of running their course its embarrassing.

What an enormous waste of lives, money, and resources this is.

But the war machine just keeps chuggin on...Gotta continue those profits!

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Then I say pull out and let them have it, keep an eye on operations in that area , and information coming in to make sure we keep tabs on anything coming in the direction of the US, and let the whole country go back to their stone age devices..

You cannot force people to comply when they do not want to, it will just make things even worse, the intel you get will be bad, and it will do no good what so ever.

Bring em home and close the borders

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Does he realize the ramifications if the Taliban reclaims power? He will have to go into exile, or if they get a hold of him they will probably torture and execute him. Karzai is venturing further and further away from the reservation, and his remarks are only going to anger the NATO Force that keeps him in power and is training his security forces. If he wants the Taliban, great! The western powers ought to pack up and leave President Karzai to his own devices. It seems he has got everything under control? What are waiting for, lets pull out!

That is not going to happen anytime soon, but I think it is what should happen. There is too much strategic importance for Western powers to have a military presence in that part of the world. He is more like the President of Kabul, rather than the President of Afghanistan. His government is riddled with corruption, and he has no clear vision of how his country should proceed. His time is running out, and if he continues on this course things could get out of hand. Not only for him, but everyone who is involved in Afghanistan. If he wants the Taliban, then he can have them. However, there will be no black hawk helicopter sent to the Presidential Palace to pull him out when things get hairy. He will be on his own. You know, he made his bed and now he has got to sleep in it.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I can't say I blame him or any other Afghan for supporting the Taliban anymore. I think I would to if I lived there even though I don't agree with most of their punishments they hand out. They are the only ones fighting the occupation.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I say great, let's save ourselves thousands of american lives and $50 billion a month and get out of that country. War constantly rages in Afghanistan and we're not going to be successful in stopping it.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
No problem... we can pull the soldiers out and send them to N Korea....

Doesnt matter really what happens anywhere.. the troops arent coming home in mass.. they will be shuffled around like cards because we have committed ourselves to wars in several arenas. We have to keep up Iraq.. if it be oil or a strategic position for war with Iran... either way we're the dogs of war for the world. The days of "peace" are over.

Karzai is simply playing the game. Anymore I really think they ALL.. they being darned near every political figurehead of every country... are full of it. Even when I take the tin foil hat off they all seem to be just playing a game. I think thats just the reality of international politics in this age.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Sounds good to me!

I get an image of 5-10 years down the road a land "policed" by factions, both secular and religious, with a large amount of multinational security companies working for foreign government protecting any natural resource mining operations. Karzai is making on hell of a bed for himself and he damn well better sleep in it.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I think Karzai is part of the problem here. Remember, he's the brother of a known drug lord and warlord. He's corrupt, and most likely want the US out so that he can cut his puppet strings and become his own man. (Think Saddam style).

Unfortunately for Mr Karzai, he never played Metal Gear Solid 2. The President of the United States, James Johnson, makes quite an accurate comment there;

A pawn can never become a player.

new topics

top topics

join