It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Christians Are Fleeing Iraq After New Violence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

More Christians Are Fleeing Iraq After New Violence

www.nytimes.com

QOSH, Iraq — A new wave of Iraqi Christians has fled to northern Iraq or abroad amid a campaign of violence against them and growing fear that the country’s security forces are unable or, more ominously, unwilling to protect them.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I ordinarily don't see Christians as terribly persecuted, especially in the western world, and generally believe some Christians just want to proclaim they're martyrs and exaggerate, but this violence seems very real. Iraq was destabilized when Saddam Hussein was removed from power, and since then wars between various religious and ethnic factions have become the norm. I am not in favor of continuing the U.S. occupation there, but it looks likely that these civil wars will only escalate once we pull out.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

We must now reap what we sow...... Vicious cycle isn't it?.. This whole war business....

edit on 13-12-2010 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The illegal war caused the sectarian violence.

If the Sunnis and Shias don't spare bombing the crap out of each other than what's the chances of Christians living peacefully among them?

Common sense mate.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Hmm...one religion attacking another religion to figure out who has the best invisible friend?

so...whats the news here? This is the norm, isn't it?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

The Ba'ath Party will certainly take hold once US completely pulls out--if they actually do.

Saddam was the Stabilizer before.

Once the Ba'ath returns it will not matter if the people are Christian, Muslim, etc.

edit on 13-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The west is way ahead of muslim dominated nations in allowing the freedom of religion. Muslim nations are backward ass cult nations in this regard.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I just find it funny how anyone can justify killing in the name of God, its almost as if they were born with a mild case of down syndrome.
edit on 13-12-2010 by Gakus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonjah1
reply to post by Sestias

The Ba'ath Party will certainly take hold once US completely pulls out.

Once the Ba'ath returns it will not matter if the people are Christian, Muslim, etc.

Yep they will just stabilize er kill rather any and all of the lot.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
Muslim nations are backward ass cult nations in this regard.

Ahh yes it's muslim nations fault for being illegaly invaded and not serving cake to the invading army.

Which obviously makes them a 'backward assed cult'.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doujutsu

Ahh yes it's muslim nations fault for being illegaly invaded and not serving cake to the invading army.

Which obviously makes them a 'backward assed cult'.

No, I believe its the fact Women have no rights and they kill anyone who doesn't worship God the way the see fit that makes them a backwards ass cult.

Nice try though, pal.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus

Originally posted by Doujutsu

No, I believe its the fact Women have no rights and they kill anyone who doesn't worship God the way the see fit that makes them a backwards ass cult.

Nice try though, pal.

Hmmm

Should i even bother?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus
I just find it funny how anyone can justify killing in the name of God, its almost as if they were born with a mild case of down syndrome.
edit on 13-12-2010 by Gakus because: (no reason given)

I've known and met quite a few people with downs over the years and they are very caring and loving people, they haven't got it in them to do this kind of thing.
But I know what you mean though these religious fanatics are definitely not the sharpest tool's in the shed.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonjah1
reply to post by Sestias

The Ba'ath Party will certainly take hold once US completely pulls out.

Yep they will just stabilize er kill rather any and all of the lot.

Point is, religion aside, Saddam brought *some* stability to Iraq. As brutal as he was to some, many Iraqis enjoyed more security under his insane reign. As a member of the Ba'ath, he really had no affiliation to any religion. Before he grabbed power, tribes and factions were creating coups every few months.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I am surprised this thread has not been visited by many Christians, as this is a matter of genuine religious persecution. I see there's now another thread, which followed mine, that details the persecution of Christians in Pakistan.

Is this anti-Christian wave common in the middle east, or is it perhaps a retaliation for what Muslims view as the western world's oppression of their faith? The propaganda battle has certainly escalated in this country since 9-11. Is it possible the east and west are rapidly moving toward an all-out shooting war between the two faiths? I thought we Christians had moved away from religious wars during the last century. Do we really want to begin another series of crusades against one another?

What are our options?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Nah.. Everyone knows Amerika went in and made Iraq free for democracy and christianity...

top topics

join