It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anarchy, men without law.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Anarchy is such a useless topic. To have no law doesn't equal freedom. Such men are supposed to fall dead on the floor. Freedom is bound. Righteouss freedom.

It is over the line

edit on 2010/12/13 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Honest question: If anarchy is a useless topic, why start a thread about it, thus adding to the promulgation of the useless topic?

~Heff

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
Anarchy is such a useless topic. To have no law doesn't equal freedom. Such men are supposed to fall dead on the floor. Freedom is bound. Righteouss freedom.

It is over the line

edit on 2010/12/13 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

Freedom is bound? Thus not free? And if it is righteous, then it is obliged to fullfill the terms of a contract? Ok, I am lost.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
hn, anarchy is disturbing. Anarchists fail in front of men of law. Their light blitst them away. They probably run away scared. Where are my friends?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

You are uncorrect correct.
to split

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
hn, anarchy is disturbing. Anarchists fail in front of men of law. Their light blitst them away. They probably run away scared. Where are my friends?

Who says Anarchists don't have moral law?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Law is unnatural, justice on the other hand. To every action there is a direct and opposite reaction, this rule also applies in society, so if authority is there to 'prevent' crimes then crimes will happen as a result of authority. This is the understanding of most Anti-authoritarians and Anarchists.

Justice is the sum of all Moral Duty --William Godwin

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

eterical waterwave,

Yes Anarchy is a useless sructure without a government and law. The beastly evil ones take it over quickly and there is no freedom. Yes to have true freedom there must be righteous law, and that law is the "Law of Love" set down by God, Yahweh and they abide for ever and ever and are as eternal as He is. That Law binds us in no way if we too give ourselves over to True righteousnes and then find we are totally free within that Law. No other laws come close as it is defined in ten statements and needs no twisting lawyers to finagle around to get out of justice. There isn't mountains of books of amendments etc. to make of it what some elite may want.

It is obtained in all who will surrender all and become His and then He sets us free as we too have that same Law of Love in our hearts. This is the true freedom, to be a free man in Christ.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Re Truthiron

an answer to the truly black/white christian universe. I have taken the liberty of using your post with a few changes, not as primitive sarcasm, but to demonstrate, that you just throw empty labels around you in your recurring sermons. Labels which are so vague, propagandistic and unverified, that practically all extremist and elitistic groups could use them.

"Yes christianity is a useless sructure with an abundance of government and law. The beastly evil ones take it over quickly and there is no freedom. Yes to have true slavery there must be selfrighteous law, and that law is the "Law of Fear" set down by God, Yahweh and they abide for ever and ever and are as eternal as He is. That Law binds us in all ways if we too give ourselves over to True selfrighteousnes and then find we are totally enslaved within that Law. No other laws come close as it is defined in ten statements and allows no twisting lawyers to finagle around to get into justice. There are mountains of books of amendments etc. to make of it what some elite may want.

It is obtained in all who will surrender all and become His and then He enslaves us as we too have that same Law of Fear in our hearts. This is the true slavery, to be in Christ."

Now I'm almost convinced, that many christians whining about 'christian bashing' will misunderstand my motives for this little experiment I made, and start making noises about it, calling it mocking or whatever.

This is far from my intention. What I really wanted to point out, or rather emphasize, is the semantic horrors pouring out of christians mouths. In this case directed at 'anarchy'. Christians obviously feel it their right to construct such unevidenced, one-way and meaningless sermons against anything they don't like.

I have just turned the whole tirade 180 degrees, without any accentuating of derogations etc. Let's see, how it goes home the other way round.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

bogomil,

Yes I steer a stainght course. I won't veer from it. My standing doesn't change because I stand with the one that don't change. It seems True Christians really stir it up by just being steadfast. Well I don't deny you the course and beliefs you have.

But the definition for anarchy is " a structure without government and law". Is that your way? It is not mine.. Justly governed is desirable.

I didn't intend to upset anyone.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Re Truthiron

thanks for your answer.

My last post initially indicated, that any position trying to justify itself by profiling an equally untenable counterpoint and thus creating a false illusion of only black/white, is not only meaningless, it's outright degrading for the people doing it.

Christians who have nothing better to support christianity with than cooking up such transparent tactics, will just add to 'why not to be a christian'.

It's one of the fads, which christians hang on to periodically. In this case: "Us or chaos". How naive do you really think people outside the holy bubbles are?

Presently we have the option of liberal society to create a reasonable balance between freedom and responsibility, not necessitating anarchy as the only alternative.

As to "justly governed", christianity has had its chance to demonstrate itself in power. Something most sane people wouldn't like to have back.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Anarchy isn't a Road Warrior dystopian future...

People will still help each other and Murders/Theft/ etc. would not go unpunished, but would be punishable by the community..

It would just mean that you have to take car of yourself.. No more Parental Government.. You'll have to think for yourself
Stop being afraid of Freedom.......

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by squirelnutz

squirelnutz,

You state, "People will still help each other and Murders/Theft/ etc. would not go unpunished, but would be punishable by the community."

Then you wouldn't have anarchy, they would have laws, a standard, that the community would stand on to judge who is guilty and what punishment to meter out...Then would it be righteous? Wouldn't it be what kind have taken over the leadership of it.? An anarchy though don't have government and laws. What would it lead to?

I leave it to you and this is my last reply on the subject.

Truthiron

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Re Squirelnutz

I would love to live in an anarchy, but unfortunately I've seen too many practical examples to believe it realistic. At least for now. Maybe mankind becomes adult one day.

In any case, as it is now, anarchy would be like giving extremist christianity or some similar form of fascism the keys to the city. The early sovjet is a good lesson.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Re Truthiron

Hmmm. Maybe you should read a bit up on political philosophy next time.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I give truthiron the stars. Truth and heart in his posts!

Bogomill, you're just slumbering on.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FermiFlux

I state: Moral law, if you give me that piece of mais, I won't chop your finger of.

Originally posted by Cocasinpry
Law is unnatural, justice on the other hand. To every action there is a direct and opposite reaction, this rule also applies in society, so if authority is there to 'prevent' crimes then crimes will happen as a result of authority. This is the understanding of most Anti-authoritarians and Anarchists.

Justice is the sum of all Moral Duty --William Godwin

Government must unseen be a standing structure, law must be in the streets and we'll get rid of al evildoers. They must change by heart. It is possible in an easy way. Some love and everything changes. Some descent conversation and there will be no problem anymore. They need some friends for life. They need voice! Can I help?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by squirelnutz

It might be to punish the evildoer but still there must be a way to get him back into society. Many need an outlet and a helping hand. This should be looked for. Society must lay a hand on them. We christians should take an action in this.

Love and law on the streets.. Oh, I saw once a show on television where they build a new house for people who have bad housecomfort. A totally new house to live in, they were astonished! Really great deeds. Mabye the governments needs to losen up a bit.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
There are also people who just like to be on themselves. We should let them, there is no harm in that. People must have a voice, that's the friggin p-r-o-b-l-e-m.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Re Etherical waterwave

You wrote:

"Bogomill, you're just slumbering on."

For the time being, I will consider you a kind of protected species, and not throw pies at you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join