It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP ex-governor: Palin lacks ‘depth’ to be president

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

New Jersey's former Republican governor Christine Whitman told CNN's Fareed Zakaria Sunday that Sarah Palin might win the Republican nomination but lacked the "depth" needed to be president.

"I don't think she'll win nationwide," Whitman said. "The base isn't big enough. And Republicans should have learned that. In this last presidential election, John McCain's election, you had over 2 million self-identified born-again Christian Republicans, pro-life Republicans who voted in that election and then voted in George Bush's re-election. So we got them all out, the base all came out, and we still got our heads handed to us."

Could the GOP be so unaware as to actually nominate Palin to run in 2012? She does have enormous appeal among the TPM, Limbaugh/Sean right and evangicals, but can she do it?

I hope she does run. If nothing else to contribute to the surreal circus that has become American politics. Personally I have lost all faith that your vote means a damn thing. I voted for change and the neocon agenda promoted by the Bush WH has continued during the current administration. I give up...except to participate in our local elections where at least I can attend the campaign parties and get a free bottle of beer and perhaps a plate of enchiladas or chili rellenos.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I agree. I hope she runs too. I think Palin is the TMZ of politics and reflects how poor the standards of American politics has become much like the American public education system. I'd much rather see Condoleeza Rice running than Palin. At least Rice is extremely intelligent. Palin is exceeding based on the media's help and her fans who "identify" with her, despite the fact she probably makes more than most of them.

I don't believe she has a chance of winning. Like Ron Paul, she is there for show. Ron Paul is the "people's champ". He says all the right things. He does all the things people complain other politicians don't do and when Paul runs, he can't and will NEVER win because he is our false hope. Palin, on the other hand, is the clown version of Paul. She is astoundingly dumb, makes up words, too many political gaffes, quit her governor-ship, has reality t.v. shows, works for FOX, and has done nothing really to show she can run a country. She increases our fears of her running because those in power may actually select to win!! I know Europe and the rest of the world likes to laugh at the U.S but for 4 years? Dying of laughter shouldn't be an worldwide plague. "It's Palin!!!"

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
All polling of the people show that to the right wing, Sarah is a freaking rock star..she beats all

She is clearly "the one"
that the party wants to represent the party as everything they stand for.

The polling also shows independents are very opposed to her. the men find her hot yet dumb, the women are insulted at the thought of her being the first female president.
If she runs, it doesn't matter who is on the left, it will be a landslide loss.

Romney is close to being able to beat Obama in polls...although the right is not much of a fan of Romney because he is somewhat of a centerist.

Paul is off the radar...he isn't even supported by his own party, much less independents.

People are still in love with Obama overall...beating him will be highly unlikely no matter who runs, the right will therefore probably toss up their sacrificial lamb and focus more on house and senate gains (if they are smart). They might end up tossing Sarah forward simply for the fact its unwinnable, but they have the boasting right of pushing forward the first female potential POTUS for the books.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I agree that a Palin run in 2012 would probably be a gift for the Democrats. Hopefully they would cream her.

The problem is, though, the mentality of the average voter. As H.L. Mencken wrote: "Nobody ever went bankrupt by underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

What on God's green earth will we do if she actually wins? The right wing would simply use her as a front for their own agenda, as they did with W., and she would be their puppet. With their money and their political savvy they might just get the gullible and those who don't read or watch the news much to fall for the image they will create for her and the words they put in her mouth.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
What on God's green earth will we do if she actually wins?

There is of course an argument that war is good for the economy..of course, this is based on a 1040s model when we actually used to make stuff.

Will be a good time to be rich though...so, get rich before 2012, cause it will be a golden era for the wealthy.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
So the same people who cheered her on during the McCain/Palin campaign now drop her...even though she hasn't changed her viewpoints in a single field. Bunch of hypocrites!!

Why did it take 'em so long to see her for the greedy actor she is?

John Cleese summarized my feelings about her best:

new topics

top topics

join