It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please explain Freemason, are they exactly bad? Read Story

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by truseekr1972

There is an invisible secret side, a dark underground of wealthy elite members, politicians, lawyers, actors...32 and 33 degree masons in this society do have higher power than the lower ranks. I am finding out more every day and now things that didnt make any sense are starting to make all the sense in the world

Sorry, but the "dark side" is all in people's imaginations. In reality, I wish it were a little darker. Too bad we can't punish people for breaking their obligations, or actually hold them to the penalties for such. Too bad we can't haze them on initiation like they did in the old days. It sure would help with some house cleaning!

I wish I could agree on the imaginations part, but I can definitely respect your point on the "house cleaning"...lol

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by truseekr1972
If you have nothing to share, nothing to add, no useful insight...and use "blah, blah, blah"...well, I appreciate you just keeping to yourself...

Im sure there are others that can help in my education on this subject...thanks though
Augustus is more than happy to help with your education on this subject... but you have to first show us that such an object actually exists. If there are photos, than one of us might recognize it and be able to explain it better.

From your initial post on the matter in this thread, I don't see any mention that the man who passed away was a Mason. Was he? It sounds like he may have been an attendee of the Bohemian Grove. That would be interesting, and if there are any artifacts that shed light on that aspect, I hope you do share them with us. (There's another post here from a few months back that has about 300 photos from the Bohemian Grove from the early 1900's, if I remember correctly... fascinating stuff...)

But Augustus, myself, and a handful of others on this thread are Freemasons, and we tend to get defensive with Masons get lumped in with the Bohemian Grove, the Skull & Bones, the Trilateral Commission, the Council on Foreign Relations, the Bilderberg Group, the Illuminati, or any other group which may or may not have an NWO agenda.

You say the man knew "people he shouldn't know". What do you mean by this? What's wrong with hanging out with celebrities? I know lots of famous actors and musicians, personally. Why shouldn't I?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Thank you Josh...Im just starting this research due to a confusing time for my friend. Since her father became ill she has confided in me on several topics...this one just recently. She described the seal and the symbol, I told her it sounded like Masonry symbols. Thus I started researching. I will get the pics to you Josh and thanks for any help.
On the topic of those friends, both her and I thought it odd that a small town GA lawyer knew the Gov of Cali and Tony Blair. She just had no knowledge of this.
Thanks in advance for your help JN

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by iSHRED

you had better quit your job as well. they aren't here for Jesus.
And stay away from that Grocery store. Yea, no Jesus there either.
Here is a tidbit you might like. You cannot become a York Rite mason without professing a belief in Jesus Christ. We just don't want to limit regular masonry to Christian only. I know for a fact that there are some good men who are from other faiths.

Originally posted by KSigMason
reply to post by iSHRED

I hate when others think they can speak for God. Its quite disgusting. Man's relationship with God is his and his alone. It is not for others to dictate or interpret. Freemasonry is very tolerant of moral religions, and it is because we tolerate men of different faiths that cause the intolerant religious filth to shriek "blasphemy".

All i did was post a link and a fact, i understand that people choose what they want to be. At no time did i speak for God other then quoting a verse from His word. I dont agree that there are some good men who are from other faiths. I know for a fact that there are MANY good men who are from other faiths. However Ephesians 2:9 (NLT) says "Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it." According to these words, the words of God, they are good men but they are as good as dead. You are told to be fishers of men, to save peoples souls from being lost to evil, not sit and join in their worship of pagan gods.

When you worship God with all other gods, You are putting the one almighty God on their level. By doing this, you are absolutly correct that i would call it blasphemy. I however, am in no place to judge any man, i'm a sinner like everyone else.

Low level masons are constantly seeking more truth/light, that according to upper levels are not yet fit to know. but when the heads of masonry say stuff like this;

"Thus, the doctrine of Satanism is a heresy; and the true and pure philosophical religion is the belief in Lucifer, the equal of Adonay (The Christian and Jewish God); but Lucifer, God of Light and God of Good, is struggling for humanity against Adonay, the God of Darkness and Evil." (Instructions to the 23 Supreme Councils of the World, Albert Pike, Grand Commander, Sovereign Pontiff of Universal Freemasonry, July 14, 1889. Recorded by A.C. De La Rive, La Femme et l'Enfant dans la Franc-Maconnerie Universelle, page 588)

Why would you want more "LIGHT"????

Before all you masons who outnumber me on here attack me via forum post, this is primarily for others considering freemasonry. But i also encourage the masons on here to consider what i say. Satan is the Great Deceiver and wants you to feel like what your doing is right. The only light of this world is that Jesus died for us, and anyone who believes in Him, is saved. It is no secret, its not kept in the closet (or a lodge), and it is there for anyone who wants eternal life.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 (NIV)

^^^^Thats all there is too it, no more, and no less.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Please do research on the Taxil Hoax. Albert Pike never held the title of "Sovereign Pontiff of Universal Freemasonry" nor has anyone held that title. This was a lie perpetrated by a fowl mouthed Frenchman who openly admitted he made it up. Pike never said these words.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED

Before all you masons who outnumber me on here attack me via forum post, this is primarily for others considering freemasonry.

Ok, I won't attack you. But this is not for you but for anyone who read your post and is thinking about joining masonry. There was a man named Leo Taxil. He printed a pamphlet where he wrote outright lies about masonry and credited them to Albert Pike. He later came out and admitted he did it. For the people who wish to use their brains for something other than slander, please read about it here.

Masonry has absolutely nothing at all to do with Lucifer, Satan, Baal, Or any other concocted evil entity.

Now, you can continue posting lie after lie.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Satan is the Great Deceiver and wants you to feel like what your doing is right.

How would this be possible if I do not even believe in Satan?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Ephesians 2:9 (NLT) says "Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it." According to these words, the words of God, they are good men but they are as good as dead.

And yet Revelation 20:12 (NLT) says "I saw the dead, both great and small, standing before God’s throne. And the books were opened, including the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to what they had done, as recorded in the books." So for all your Bible quoting saying man is not judged by his works, I show a Bible quote saying he is. Stalemate.

When you worship God with all other gods, You are putting the one almighty God on their level.
And just how many omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent being are you suggesting exist? It sounds like you're saying that you believe there's a whole pantheon of "other Gods", when what we're saying is that there is one, and He is all powerful.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndianBones
Why veil a beacon?

Matthew 7

1"(A)Do not judge so that you will not be judged.
2"For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and (B)by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.
3"Why do you (C)look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?
4"(D)Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye?
5"You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.
6"(E)Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.
7"(F)Ask, and (G)it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
8"For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.
9"Or what man is there among you who, when his son asks for a loaf, will give him a stone?
10"Or if he asks for a fish, he will not give him a snake, will he?
11"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, (H)how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!
12"In everything, (I)therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for (J)this is the Law and the Prophets.

Many Christians sadly do not fully wrap their minds around the wisdom in the New Testament they thump, and spend more time listening to others interpret scripture for them, then reading and thinking themselves. So be it, however such men are not likely to choose, or be well regarded in masonry. Masonry contrary to pop culture belief is not an organization for "followers" but rather like minded men all seeking truth on their own terms, and sharing a bond of common virtues, while often having very very different religious views. The very reason Masonry became so popular in the 16-1700's was it was a safe haven for free thinkers often persecuted by the Catholic church of that time, it was also a place where men from different social, and economic backgrounds might talk to each other on a more equal footing spreading ideas, and concerns without fear of reprisal.

Remember, there was no internet, there was no free press...in many ways this and other internet forums are the modern equivalent of those early lodges in regards to being a place where people might speak their mind, and listen to each other outside a very repressive social and religious hierarchy. Part of the making of that safe haven, was in its strict regard for very high morals and virtues among its members. Again…..Matthew 7 makes clear the reason why very eloquently. Wisdom is not understood by all men, nor appreciated by them. Often rather then spreading wisdom, teaching those with no ear for it only ends with the teacher of good inetntions being tramples, and their message slandered. Masonry is a place where likeminded men, who usually were already striving for decency and virtue before they joined, to find men like them. A placewhere there are men who while disagreeing would not play the silly mean and cruel vindictive games most people play when others dare to disagree with their world view.

This sort of compassionate, and considerate view to other people of different backgrounds, is exactly the sort of message Christ exemplified…..that is the Christ of the bible……not maybe the Christ many paganized Christians today like to beat others over the head with. Christ taught humility, peaceful coexistence, and discussion, learning, and respect for even the Sumaritan who lived by virtue if not the same religion as him.

It was previously mentioned all York Rite masons must be Christians or profess to be. This is sort of true, but not completely so. The Royal Arch Masons, Cryptic Masons, and Knight Templars are 3 distinctive groups, that are all apart of th York Rite. One does not have to be in all three to be in the York Rite, though most York Rite masons are. There are many Jewish masons and of other faiths in the Royal Arch and Cryptic groups. However ALL Knight Templars in the York Rite are Christians, and like those they have modeled the order after, believe in vigorously defending the Church. (That is the “Church” as it is spoken of in the new testament, not a physical building but the larger body of Christians as a whole.) Many ministers, pastors, and yes Even Priests are members of this body. We have Methodists, Mormons, Baptists, Catholics, Presbyterianss, Chruch of Christ, Episcopal, and just about every other denomination you can think of among our number. I've been told there's a few well thought of military groups that are largely made up by YR members as well. The number of clergymen in this order is striking. I’ve heard a fiery self proclaimed Baptists talk about masons all being devil worshipers, and not knowing their very own minister, and many of their church’s most active members were masons….(the same guy has a thing for getting drunk every weekend and being abusive to people as well, class act finger pointer) We just nod and chuckle, and maybe weep a little bit for them for only being able to talk the talk, and not ever trying to walk the path Christ has laid for us.

The York Rite has many very important historical member’s in this nation including some Revolutionary War heros, and you will find very few men of any denomination more respectful and faithful or trying harder to live the life Christ taught us to live then the men of the Knight Templar order.

One last note….many many of those clergymen joined with thoughts of discrediting the order, or at least trying to figure if it somehow endangered their flock, and instead found fellow Christians of profound faith who across denominations choose to help them, and support their ministries. I would challenge any Christian to join, and if any part of masonry or the York Rite is conflicting with your faith, feel free to leave and say what you like, but do not slander what you do not know, and forget the passage quoted above.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
It varies from lodge-to-lodge, and although they are affiliated with the illuminati and the coming New World Order, they aren't necessarily the 'bad guys'...the illuminati is based on Luciferianism, whereas, in order to become a freemason, you need a firm belief in god. Freemasons are actually quite the opposite of the illuminati.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BrandonTsia

is that coming from a mason who knows or a conspiracy theorist such as myself.

I think there are lots right minded people in masonry who do it for the right reasons, however i also believe that there are higher in masonry, it has ties to areas outside of anything religeous such as politics. as well as more sinister groups such as illuminati. You might think that masonry is nothing but good, but do you know what even goes on with leaders of masonry, above your local lodge.

btw good catch to those who falsified my quote, not that i 100% believe you but it reminded my to trust whatever you hear, good or bad. you all kinda sparked my interest and i have some questions.

is Jahbulon made up, real, or can't you talk about it? i'd appreciate honesty and i understand you cant talk about stuff.

i've also been reading a lot about dmt and the pineal gland and im wondering if anypart of what you do involves any substances? cuz that would make sense of why the rituals are secret.

like i said i would much more appreciate a, cant talk about it, then a lie (which i wouldnt expect from men with morals like it sounds like masons mostly have)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by iAnjo
reply to post by anicc

Not where I live, there are lots of masons here. Also, my father said the exact opposite of what you just said. He says they don't invite, you come to them.

Depends on the bloodline your family have. You need to apply, but first there is often an invite.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
A lot more to it than has been brought up. Bloodline is important, higher levels especially. The knowledge changes with levels and its compartmentalized.

Saturn, the duatity, numerology, ancient Egyptian Astrology, all things Egypt/Babolyn, Gnostic Gospels, Kabbala. Distortions.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

You might think that masonry is nothing but good, but do you know what even goes on with leaders of masonry, above your local lodge.
If by "above" you mean in rank, yes, actually, I do know what goes on with the actual leaders of Masonry. Not the fictitious, nameless ones that are brought up on forums, but actual real people... Past Grand Masters of Grand Lodges; current sitting Sovereign Grand Inspector Generals of the Scottish Rite Southern Jurisdiction; Grand Officers of the Knights Templar; etc. Guys I know well personally.

is Jahbulon made up, real, or can't you talk about it? i'd appreciate honesty and i understand you cant talk about stuff.
It's not mentioned in any ritual that I can recall ever having seen or read. I believe one of the Masonic writers (Mackey, maybe?) may have mentioned the idea once. It's not something that's preached or worshiped or anything like that. Just the opinions of a few authors more than a dogma.

Best I can do is offer you the wikipedia bit that might be relevant:

According to Masonic historian Arturo de Hoyos, the word Jahbulon was first used in the 18th century in early French versions of the Royal Arch degree. It relates a Masonic allegory in which Jabulon was the name of an explorer living during the time of Solomon who discovered the ruins of an ancient temple. Within the ruins he found a gold plate upon which the name of God (Jehovah) was engraved.
In Duncan's Masonic Ritual and Monitor, published in the mid-19th century, Malcolm Duncan uses the word as a recognition password in his rendition of the Royal Arch degree, and in a footnote states that the word is a combination of sacred names. However, there has been controversy regarding Duncan's ritual. Some Masonic authors state that even if Duncan's ritual is authentic, it is either an outdated exposure or that it had been superseded by another explanation.
I'll listen to de Hoyos' opinion, because he's one of the most knowledgable Masons I know when it comes to history of ritual.

i've also been reading a lot about dmt and the pineal gland and im wondering if anypart of what you do involves any substances? cuz that would make sense of why the rituals are secret.
Nope. No substances. There were probably some Scottish Rite degrees where sage or incense was burned once upon a time, before fire codes were what they are today... Now, most of the time even our candles are electric...

like i said i would much more appreciate a, cant talk about it, then a lie (which i wouldnt expect from men with morals like it sounds like masons mostly have)
You're right. We're not going to lie about it. People often assume that because we keep secrets, then that means we'll lie. But, in fact, we'll just say "I can't tell you" if you hit something that's close to the truth. It's far easier to keep a secret by just keeping your mouth shut than by trying to remember which lie you told...

Edit: Found one more Jahbulon explanation...

Yabul-om or Jabulum is derived from Guibulum, itself a form of Gebalim or men of Gebal, a site of a quarry of stoneworkers.
(from the 13th degree of the Scottish Rite, Southern Jurisdiction)
edit on 2010.12.20 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
A lot more to it than has been brought up. Bloodline is important, higher levels especially. The knowledge changes with levels and its compartmentalized.

This seems to be correct, my friends brother was approached and invited to join. This must just be for the "elite" as for the importance of the "bloodline".

But the local lodges do seem to be a "walk in" type entry here.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
my father was a 32nd my uncle was a 33rd and all the years i spent at the hall the only thing i could gather about them was they loved to party and they loved gathering money to help support their causes, which mostly involved burnt children. they're a brotherhood bound to each other through blood.....a mens private club

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Would it be absurd to theorize that say 90-95% of Freemasons are good, honorable men but theres an elite group of Masons in which are made up of politicians and unsavory men with a hiden agenda? I see Masons defending their brotherhood and you all seem to believe that your entire fraternity is good. I think for the most part you are. But with numbers comes power, with power comes corruption...and to think that a group of politicians that are bound by the brotherhood of Masonry, with a "above the law" attitude, with an "untouchable" frame of mind, isnt plausible...no, probable would be asinine.
Im not bashing by any means, from what I have read Masons seem to stand for honor and helping your fellow man. I also know that there are "forces at work that surpass comprehension" (not my quote).

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by truseekr1972
Would it be absurd to theorize that say 90-95% of Freemasons are good, honorable men but theres an elite group of Masons in which are made up of politicians and unsavory men with a hiden agenda?
Yes. That would be absurd to theorize.

Try it this way. 90-95% of Freemasons are good, honorable men, but there are some unsavory men who may individually have hidden agendas who also happen to be Masons.

No Mason here would dispute such a theory. But the actions of those few individuals aren't Masonic actions, and thus can't tarnish the fraternity as a whole.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Thats what Im trying to say JN...I dont want to jump on the "all masons are evil" bandwagon at all...I just dont believe that. But there is a group who are bonded by the brotherhood of Masonry that have a hiden agenda and are some powerful men.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by anicc
you can't just become a freemason at will, you must be invited. its a very secret and elite society.

No invitations...On your own free will and accord

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join