It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please explain Freemason, are they exactly bad? Read Story

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
My father was thinking of becoming one. I only recently found this out while he was talking to his old friend. Now he's making a joke out of it. A freemason. Aren't they negotiated with the illuminati and NWO?

Please help me, I'm very dissapointed.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Im actually thinking of becoming one, I hear my grandfather was a worshipful master in a Freemason Lodge, dont really know what it means. I'm hoping that as a member of the masons, I will be able to further my carrier by mixing with the movers and shakers of my town, maybe get a job on the local council, where i can finally wield some power in my community.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Personally I believe you should try to separate the two organization. Freemason one, Illuminati two. They're two completely different societies. Personally I don't have anything against Freemasons. They're neutral in my book.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

You don't know what it means yet you want to become one?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
you can't just become a freemason at will, you must be invited. its a very secret and elite society.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

only one way to find out.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
They are just like any other cult religion group society etc . Aslong as you have good intentions and are careful of not being indoctrinated so easily . then you will be fine. Many people in organizations are good people with good intentions. Its only the bad apples that make them seem so evil. But such people exisit in every part . Including many ATS members here . It boils down to intentions. Free masons is just another branch of a little sanity for man. Whatever your cup of tea is just have good intentions at heart. then no indoctrination can over power you . Do as you please but keep your heart clean and remember to follow where the truth leads no matter how much # you have to dig through

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by anicc

Not where I live, there are lots of masons here. Also, my father said the exact opposite of what you just said. He says they don't invite, you come to them.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

edit on 13-12-2010 by anicc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

edit on 13-12-2010 by anicc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
If you pop down to your local freemasons and pick up an enrolment form you can join and just see how it goes.

I have heard that it takes some time before you start learning of its secrets though. I think if I remember correctly after 5 years you get your own parking space in the city and after 10 you get given a secret handshake guide, I am not sure if its true but according to some after 20+ years you get invited to here:

Good luck and please tell us how it goes

edit on 13-12-2010 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
"QUOTE" Im actually thinking of becoming one, I hear my grandfather was a worshipful master in a Freemason Lodge, dont really know what it means. I'm hoping that as a member of the masons, I will be able to further my carrier by mixing with the movers and shakers of my town, maybe get a job on the local council, where i can finally wield some power in my community.

With this mentality you are DEFINITELY NOT masonic material.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Freemasons are a great group to join. Once your in, you will be suprised at how many people in your area are part of.
It is also very handy..a mason will help out another mason above and beyond the norm..its a secret brotherhood of sorts.

As far as the conspiracys are concerned..ultimately laughable. They are involved a bit in politics of course, any organization would be, however going from a 32nd degree mason's words, all of the conspiracy theories are a source of amusement more than truth. its basically a private club, and those not in the club are simply guessing what they stand for.

Any society that limits membership and requires you to jump through hurdles will get some rumors about them.

Unless things changed...you can't just go down to the lodge and sign up..you must have a mason bring you in. this stops the average morons and trolls coming in. Also, becoming a mason requires some brains as you have to memorise by word only many things to pass certain levels. tradition and trial.

The illuminati is a boogieman concept created to make people feel powerless. there are of course special interests and massive corporate agenda being played out, but the whole illuminati thing is a red herring..pay no heed to that.

Eventually your father (and potentially you) will be reading the mason and illuminati posts on conspiracy website and hearing about how your doing all sorts of things your not...you will get a good laugh out of it anyhow.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgeH
"

With this mentality you are DEFINITELY NOT masonic material.

I 'll take that as a compliment. secret societies of misogynistic males probably a'int really my bag anyway.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

Freemasonry is a society of like minded men. We are not a religion, but we are somewhat religious. We are not secretive except in a few things that happen in the lodge and I would be happy to tell you why that is should you want to know. In order to become a Freemason you must have a few things in order:

1. come to us and request to join of your own free will. ( if we had to drag you in to join, you wouldn't take it too seriously and nobody would be any better for that kind of admission)
2. Believe in a single creator. I like to call him God, but nobody gets mad if you call him Allah, or Jahova, or any other name, as long as you call him.
3. Not be a criminal.
4. Be able to pay the dues for your lodge. (mine are $65 a year)
5. have a wish to better yourself and your community

If you want to join to make business contacts, and blend in with the movers and shakers in your town, there are groups like the Elks, rotary, and other clubs that are specifically geared for that environment. masonry is not for that purpose. We are taught to be charitable and help our fellow man. We take our word very seriously. If a mason gives you his word that he will do whatever, he should place a high priority on that endeavor. It's a great organization and it seeks to make good men better.

Is there any truth to all the wild conspiracy theories about masonry? Not that I have found. And I went into it looking for them as well as looking for a direction in my life. All you need to do to join is ask a mason. If you don't know one, ask one of us here and we can help you find one in your area. Most of us have a square and compass on our avitar.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by anicc

Please. You don't have to be invited, you just have to have two members of the lodge you are petitioning to vouch for you. I looked into it myself at one point and both my great-uncle and great grandpa were Freemasons. Most are innocent and even helpful. It's part of the confusion/disinfo dialectic to associate them with the Illuminati/NWO set. The Illuminati (also confusion terminology)/TPTB speak the same symbolic language as Freemasons but that doesn't mean the latter group is evil or bent on world domination.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I know that no one speaks for Freemasonry as a whole, but I wanted to ask any Freemasons here what they make of these quotes and the ancient mysteries.

"Freemasonry is modeled on the plan of the Ancient Mysteries, with their glyphics and allegories, and this is no mere coincidence; the parallels are too closely drawn." - J. D. Buck, Mystic Masonry or the Symbols of Freemasonry and the Greater Mysteries of Antiquity, Intro

"Masonry, successor of the Mysteries, still follows the ancient manner of teaching." - Albert Pike, Morals & Dogma, Pg. 22

I believe its that one message from the worlds doctrines found in such things as Babylonian, Egyptian, and Greco-Roman religion, astrology, alchemy, dualism, neoplatonism, gnosticism, hermeticism, rosicrucianism, myth & magick, and religious and philosophical speculations from all over the world, that says man is or will become the master of his fate and soveriegn over his faculties through initiation.

“Man is a god in the making. And as the mystic myths of Egypt, on the potter's wheel, he is being molded. When his light shines out to lift and preserve all things, he receives the triple crown of godhood.”
- Manly P. Hall, The Lost Keys of Freemasonry, p. 92

"He begins his Masonic career as the natural man; he ends it by becoming through its discipline, a regenerated man... This the evolution of man into superman—was always the purpose of the ancient Mysteries, and the real purpose of modern Masonry is, not the social and charitable purposes to which so much attention is paid, but the expediting of the spiritual evolution of those who aspire to perfect their own nature and transform it into a more god-like quality. And this is a definite science, a royal art, which it is possible for each of us to put into practice; whilst to join the Craft for any other purpose than to study and pursue this science is to misunderstand its meaning." - W. L. Wilmhurst, The Meaning of Masonry, Pg.46-47

I'm not saying most people join Freemasonry because they're trying to become gods, but I'm interested in knowing what in Freemasonry gave you the desire to join? To become a better person and be more spiritually enlightened? Then I'd ask, why couldn't you do that outside the organization? What made you believe Freemasonry was the right choice?
edit on 14-12-2010 by IndianBones because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2010 by IndianBones because: mispelled something

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by IndianBones
I'm not saying most people join Freemasonry because they're trying to become gods, but I'm interested in knowing what in Freemasonry gave you the desire to join? To become a better person and be more spiritually enlightened? Then I'd ask, why couldn't you do that outside the organization? What made you believe Freemasonry was the right choice?
edit on 14-12-2010 by IndianBones because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2010 by IndianBones because: mispelled something

You are correct. Nowhere in freemasonry are we taught to become God, only to become better than ourselves. Those quotes are all accurate, but they are the opinions of the writers. I would say that almost everyone in masonry gets something a little different out of it. It really depends on what you are looking for. I wasn't looking for spiritual enlightenment, but I found it. I was looking for a way to help kids. Mine are almost grown and I found more and more free time with a void in my life. I thought the Shriners where where I wanted to go. I had to join masonry to be a shriner. I have yet to join the shrine since I found exactly what I was looking for in masonry.

There are many paths you can take. Some guided and some alone. I have said it before, I don't think any direction is wrong as long as you are talking one. Looking for something more. The destination is ultimately death, so we should enjoy the journey.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
If you call youself a christian and are considering freemasonry, i encourage you to check this page out as well as others on that website.
FREEMASON INFO

Basically, Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through Me."
However there is no room for Jesus in Masonry. You could still praise him outside of Freemasonry but shouldn't all you do be for His glory?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

you had better quit your job as well. they aren't here for Jesus.
And stay away from that Grocery store. Yea, no Jesus there either.
Here is a tidbit you might like. You cannot become a York Rite mason without professing a belief in Jesus Christ. We just don't want to limit regular masonry to Christian only. I know for a fact that there are some good men who are from other faiths.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join