It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange wined and dined at US Embassy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Is "ET" an acronym for extra-terrestrials? So if the cables had information about ETs you would have found them more convincing?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mars1
I am very surprised how fast this thread moved down without much comment is it just me that thinks WikiLeaks is a bit fishy:

Nope there are several arguments suggesting it is not all it's made out to be, I for one am definitely on the fence. There is a rally for Julian's freedom here in Melbourne tonight and there was one not long ago, apparrently it was organised by Marxist's who went around handing out red flags and spreading their doctrine. Might drop by, as it is on my way home and burn a red flag

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

I think Julian is freakishly cleaver when he puts his mind to it, like getting involved in geo-politics.

He's a cover.
The leaks aren't going down badly and he's had control of that. They ARE biased opinions from embassy staff...
Governments are very good as playing with info' and leaks are already part of politicking. They are use to them.

I like reading the reports and I don't think they should be stopped, although they better stay hidden, lol, hackers can't be helped.

He'll get found out more and more, but he knows a lot about the money makers.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Julian, I mean; Mendez...was a hacker.

With hacking, comes social-engineering; its hand in hand.

What was Julian doing at the Embassy?

Use your imagination

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Please don't misunderstand me I have not made up my mind about where I stand with WikiLeaks because too little is known at the moment.

But as time ticks on little things point in the direction of something been out of place with them to me anyway.

I mean this for instance.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/37cf6186e925.jpg[/atsimg]

From this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just look how popular it is that picture is like a wet dream to people like us that alone helps WikiLeaks I never read all the thread just too long for me but interesting.

Did WikiLeaks tell the artist what to put in the picture or was that left to the artists imagination

So far to me nothing that WikiLeaks is doing is good for us in the long run we got Anon running around attacking Paypal and others and that's only going to play in to the hands of TPTB a reason for cracking down on the net.

Instead of praising WikiLeaks we should be asking our MSM why is WikiLeaks doing the job you should be doing.

Sorry for the rant and thank you for your replies Im not the best writer but i try
just hope WikiLeaks is not a set up thats all I got to add.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
He didn´t get an invite, he crashed the party. I live in Iceland. I heard about it.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rubyeyes

Come on you can do better than that you don't just crash a party at US Embassy although its possible i did see not too long ago a British girl crashed one of Obama's parties even got to shake his hand if i remember.

I think he went with someone with there invite I do not believe he crashed the party sorry.
Edit to add you need to smile your avatar looks like a passport photo scares me very intimidating.

Thanks

edit on 063131p://2010-12-14T06:44:11-06:001412 by mars1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
OKay Mars, I;ll say it - Assange and Wl are tools of the NWO.

Seems like he could well be.

I read a few years ago also that before 2012 all information must be made available to the public. Apparently, it was some type of galactic law. If it were to be true, it would make sense why they would have someone like Assange running around doing this.

A lot of what I believe to be truth is coming out in movies also. It's almost like a legal loophole for TPTB, so they can say "we told them - it's not our fault they thought it wasn't real...".

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

The strange thing is I'm not saying he is just a tool I just got niggling doubts that point me in the direction that MAYBE he could be and its best to look from a different angle instead of just jumping right in so to speak.

Like that pic above to people like us its like a sweet shop and we all want candy.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
It explains in the article at the link how he came to be there...

"He certainly had fun at the party," said Birgitta Jonsdottir, an Icelandic MP and former activist in WikiLeaks. "He went as my guest. I said it would be a bit of a prank to take him and see if they knew who he was. I don't think they had any idea."

and....

"I thought it would be a bit boring to go on my own," said Ms Jonsdottir. "But the irony was that I went to collect him from his guesthouse and couldn't find him, so just went back to work and didn't even go myself. I found out later he'd just decided to go on his own and got in by saying he was my guest. He said he'd spent a long time talking to Mr Watson."

It all sounds above board and plausible how he came to be at the cocktail party.
I fail to see how it can be anything more than what is was.
I'm sure the irony wasn't lost on Assange knowing what he knew at the time.
I'm sure it was a source of amusement for him.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

No, I knew about this Birgitta girl, she wasn´t even with him! He was not invited. It was a very round abut way to be a guest. And, Thanks for saying my face is scary. Your avatar is pretty scary IMO.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

reply to post by mars1

I mean, we KNOW that Iran does not have a nuclear arms program. Therefore these cables are nothing but propaganda.

I wouldn't say they are propaganda. They are instead reflection of of thoughts and policies of a country and their politicians.

Not a word about Israel, 9/11, OKC, ET's etc,

I think you have not read the cables and you're judgment is based upon the news coverage of cables, there are things which newspaper and news websites are not reporting. You should visit this ATS thread
Wikileaks Cable Disclosure: What The Media Is Not Telling You

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by rubyeyes

Rubyeyes like I said in U2 sorry for saying your avatar is scary it was not meant in that way could not change it too late I will give you a star in a way of sorry

Originally posted by I AM LEGION
Wikileaks Cable Disclosure: What The Media Is Not Telling You

That's what I'm talking about WHY is the Media not doing there job anymore all Media is in bed with governments honest journalism is dead in the UK it seems dancing with the stars and x factor is the big news

Thanks

edit on 033131p://2010-12-15T03:21:31-06:001512 by mars1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

reply to post by mars1

OKay Mars, I;ll say it - Assange and Wl are tools of the NWO.

Doesn;t it feel better just to see it out in the open?

I mean, we KNOW that Iran does not have a nuclear arms program. Therefore these cables are nothing but propaganda.

Not a word about Israel, 9/11, OKC, ET's etc,

They could've been a bit more clever about it methinks.

Uh, there DEFINITELY have been cables about Israel...

And Assange, before he was arrested, stated some of the cables to be released will reference UFOs.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I used to be pro-WL all the way. Then, red flags started popping up everywhere and I was still willing to give the organization the benefit of the doubt, though I would take what was leaked with a grain of salt. Now however, I'm almost convinced that something is amiss here. I believe WL to be a disinformation campaign and I'm almost completely certain of it. However, even if WL wasn't purposefully spreading disinformation, the government or PTB could easily use WL to spread disinformation, without Assange or WL even knowing about it. The fact that this should be obvious to Assange, is only another red flag to me.

I think WL and Assange are the most dangerous thing to ever hit truth seekers, as it is doing a fantastic job at throwing a lot of people off the trail. People who would otherwise be seeking the truth, are defending Assange with everything they have and whole-heartedly believing that the organization is genuine. What's worse, is these people think that they are the ones who are awake, yet they are no more awake than the sheeple who believe every word coming out of FOX News, CNN and other MSM outlets. The way I see it is that there isn't any difference between the people who have faith in the MSM, those who have faith in the government and those who have faith in Assange and WL. They are all sheeple and all fast asleep, in my opinion.

This disinformation (disinformation in my opnion) is extremely effective and I have to give it up to TPTB for such a successful campaign.

--airspoon

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Completely agree. In an era where less people are trusting corporate and state released media, something like WL appeals entirely to the self proclaimed people 'in the know' and is the perfect tool for spreading, let me re-phrase that actually MARKETING misinformation and propaganda via a veiled organisation.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Maybe some of you theorists missed an important part of the article...

"He certainly had fun at the party," said Birgitta Jonsdottir, an Icelandic MP and former activist in WikiLeaks. "He went as my guest. I said it would be a bit of a prank to take him and see if they knew who he was. I don't think they had any idea."

Maybe that explains why he was at the event...since you know, Jonsdottir says HE INVITED HIM as a PRANK.

Stop conspiring. And don't hate because Assange is a hero of free speech.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust
So Bin Laden and Julian Assange were at one time both United States allies, and now they're our biggest enemies? What a coincidence. If with Bin Laden we got the Patriot Act and 10 years of tax-funded war, what are we gonna get with Julian Assange?

Hopefully, nothing. He is, after all, 'somewhat annoyed with 911 truthers'.

To think that the entire 'anonymous' thing was fabricated...recall all the supposed hacking into paypal etc.

If I never see this operatives face again I'll be happy as a clam. I guess people need their heros.

Site's down, may it stay down. Who cares? We know the truth about what demolished the nation. Zionism. Unbridled zionism. He is simply more of it. Now they need to wrap up things with the internet, perhaps because the phone calls and emails, OUR phone calls and OUR emails, handled by israel and it's satellite, the US government, were not enough to satisfy their control freak. They therefore gave us 'man of the year', julian assange. I guarantee you that due to the sudden and recent turnaround in the perceived motives of this man, tptb are furiously scrambling to regain our confidence in him.

He was, as many have postulated, created to take out freedom of speech via the internet. Never forget.

I wonder what meaning is behind ron paul's sudden love affair with this creation?
edit on 24-12-2010 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2010 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Agreed. I was under the impression that the poor guy was sleeping under bridges, unable even to grab a cup of coffee without being assassinated. Then boondock raised some interesting points. Among them, ron paul's sudden infatuation with him. That's a bit too much. They know that RP is one of the favorite hopes of the non-zionists (albeit an impossible one for a million zioist media reasons) so they squeezed him to say good things about assange. Easy as pie. What does it take to make a man unafraid of blackmail?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

What site is down? Wikileaks?

Last time I checked, the couple 100 mirror sites remain open and strong.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join