It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange wined and dined at US Embassy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Julian Assange was a guest at a US Embassy cocktail party less than a year ago.

To the United States, Julian Assange may now be Public Enemy Number One. Some American politicians have even called for his execution.
But less than a year ago, the founder of WikiLeaks was officially entertained at a US Embassy cocktail party by one of the very diplomats whose secrets he would soon spill to the world.
At the reception, held at the US ambassador's residence in Reykjavik, Iceland, Mr Assange chatted with Sam Watson, the embassy's deputy chief of mission.
He was already sitting on dozens of Mr Watson's classified cables at the time of the December party, including embarrassing details about America's and Britain's role following the collapse of Iceland's banks which were later published to widespread outrage in the local media.

Read rest of article herewww.telegraph.co.uk...

So what you think of that i wonder how he got an invite

I get the feeling there is some big players behind him US Embassy the mind boggles.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Hehe, must have been quite amusing for Mr. Assange to drink a cocktail with Mr. Watson, knowing he is going to spill the beans on him... I can see Julian chuckling while they chink glasses

But I have no clue how and why he attended this party, for one Julian has a criminal record and that alone would have denied him access, no?!

Oh well, and the articles image with Palin is hilarious, better not mess with her....

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Clairaudience

Hahahaha yeah Julian might end up an ice cube on her new hit tv show
maybe her and cheney will invite him to a block shoot

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Sorry for the short opening post had to rush out

I have read many threads on WikiLeaks as of late but never commented in any WHY you may ask well because I just don't know what to make of them.

Still don't but I tend to sway to the side of something fishy about WikiLeaks I could be wrong but something just don't add up.

Take for instance some of the latest releases on North Korea and Iran.

WikiLeaks: North Korea 'assisting Iran's development of nuclear weapons'
North Korea has been secretly assisting Iran develop a weapons programme under the auspices of the Chinese government, American officials believe.
The US government has repeatedly asked the Chinese to stop shipments between the rogue states passing through Beijing airport, according to memos sent by both the US Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, and her predecessor, Condoleezza Rice.

Read the rest here www.telegraph.co.uk...

It's just my opinion at the mo that WikiLeaks is a tad suspicious.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I am very surprised how fast this thread moved down without much comment is it just me that thinks WikiLeaks is a bit fishy

OK so they gave a little dirt on the US but nothing really eye opening then all of a sudden WikiLeaks is the best thing going Assange is the new hero.

Lets face it if he Assange was the bad man that the US say he is wouldn't he be suicided by now like i said in OP there is someone much bigger pulling the strings in my opinion.

From my post above .WikiLeaks: North Korea 'assisting Iran's development of nuclear weapons' now isn't that convenient now remember WikiLeaks is the new fad everybody Love's them.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that WikiLeaks is just somebody's tool only time will tell I'm just trying to say is something feels odd with this and that's it.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Very curious. How does one get on the list for these parties? Was Assange's hacking conviction a felony?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

I asked the same question in my OP I wonder

I think it's best for me to sit this one out and just see how it all pans out a little more but for now I will stay sceptical.
I mean this image alone can mean two things to me anyway.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7b526aa1800.jpg[/atsimg]

1 Getting rid of the dirt poring down to a cleaner world the darkness washing out.

2 NWO creating a new world from the old after all this is a conspiracy site so my mind can play

Thanks

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

OKay Mars, I;ll say it - Assange and Wl are tools of the NWO.

Doesn;t it feel better just to see it out in the open?

I mean, we KNOW that Iran does not have a nuclear arms program. Therefore these cables are nothing but propaganda.

Not a word about Israel, 9/11, OKC, ET's etc,

They could've been a bit more clever about it methinks.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by mars1

OKay Mars, I;ll say it - Assange and Wl are tools of the NWO.

Doesn;t it feel better just to see it out in the open?

I mean, we KNOW that Iran does not have a nuclear arms program. Therefore these cables are nothing but propaganda.

Not a word about Israel, 9/11, OKC, ET's etc,

Great points. If I could add to your thoughts a little more here, if wikileaks and Assange don't have an obvious agenda thats apparent to the folks that have taken a step back and said hmmm... Then it should be clearly obvious at least that Manning definitely had an agenda as to what he chose to leak out and steal from the government computers. Now was it purely just his agenda or a group effort?
edit on 13-12-2010 by jaynkeel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
And nothing of note on Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld as of yet, eh? Eh, Wiki-leaky?!?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
You know, this makes me wonder... If he already had this information concerning Iceland and the UK/US BS, then perhaps he is just a patsy who received the information for a purpose. The more I read about Julian Assange, the more I seem to get the feeling that he was used for some purpose...

It's just "too convenient" for him to have this information and then attend a party in the country with one of the sides involved... IDK...

Too fishy for me...

Magnum

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Not long ago I was 'Hoo-Rah' about Wikileaks but... Something is bothering me too, and my suspicions grows day by day. Unless the Fed has tracked down Assange's relatives or friends and are threatening them with rape and death, why isn't the password out?

Julian Assange said the password would be out if he was arrested or killed didn't he? So... Whats the pass?

I know there are leaks, and that the media selectively reports on highly dubious stuff like saying Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is Adolf Hitler incarnate, which set off alarm bells even though I know the cables are just ramblings by mad diplomats, it still tries to spin these reports into factual 'reports' about a country's situation which should set off the rubbish story alarm to these well informed.

I want to be shocked, NOW.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Number 2: Actually I think you have a point...

After all, some are saying this is a grand plot to give the PTB excuse to control the internet (If they can- which I think they do- all they need to do is fight it out for a few years, tracking down the remaining seeders/hackers, anyone who is resisting the decree to shut down the internet, they will use the military, use the police, use the *cough* law *cough*)...

Most people probably will not fight back, because they're busy watching Glee, too afraid for their families, or whatever, and will come to tolerate Internet 2.0 under penalty of death or prison camp.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
So Bin Laden and Julian Assange were at one time both United States allies, and now they're our biggest enemies? What a coincidence. If with Bin Laden we got the Patriot Act and 10 years of tax-funded war, what are we gonna get with Julian Assange?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I guess this is some kind of trend
The best way to control the opposition is to be the opposition...

Al Qaeda Leader Dined at the Pentagon Just Months After 9/11
Catherine Herridge
Fox News
October 20, 2010
Anwar Al-Awlaki may be the first American on the CIA’s kill or capture list, but he was also a lunch guest of military brass at the Pentagon within months of the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks, Fox News has learned.
In addition, Awlaki "was considered to be an 'up and coming' member of the Islamic community. After her vetting, Aulaqi (Awlaki) was invited to and attended a luncheon at the Pentagon in the secretary of the Army's Office of Government Counsel." ...
....Awlaki, a Yemeni-American who was born in Las Cruces, N.M., was interviewed at least four times by the FBI in the first week after the attacks because of his ties to the three hijackers Nawaf al-Hazmi, Khalid al-Mihdhar and Hani Hanjour. The three hijackers were all onboard Flight 77 that slammed into the Pentagon.

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 13-12-2010 by Danbones because: fixed quote

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Great catch!

Instinct and basic logic (common sense) tell me that WL is part of an ulterior agenda other than what's publicly stated. Who truly is running this all? I have no true way of knowing at this point. I suspect there are ties to the CIA & NSA, along with various "elite" globalists. There's way too many "anomalies" in my mind for this organization to be entirely independent and on the side of the people. At this point, I'm only looking towards the propagandists (which I think WL should be included as such) to see how TPTB are trying to steer public opinion. I think perhaps we can discern future events with a reasonable probability from looking at MSM & WL cables. Besides that, I'm just observing and getting some chuckles out of the people who think this guy is some sort of untouchable superhero genius. Come on, guys/gals. You can do better than this!
edit on 13-12-2010 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Seriously, this is straight out of a bond movie.

Julian Bond: What's for dinner?
Jaws: You, MEESTER bond.

edit on 13-12-2010 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2010 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
again people I dont usually make comments with my limited intelligence on world affairs however i would like to say that not only will the political machine conitnue it will grow stronger with the oppression of americans working in other countries if anyone wants proof u2u me and i will collectivley discuss outside of ATS what is happening to protect those in defense contracts and other avenues of occupation that I know that is actively a(E)ffected by this. And to add to the madness I would like to ask why no one has ever addressed the break out of "detainees" out of the American military base in al faw province Iraq AKA camp dublin which is also the home of another prison not so much unlike abu garib (the same place chemical ali is/was housed in) but then again im just another idiot.
edit on 13-12-2010 by Brotherman because: sorry for bad grammer n spelling on cell phone

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

soo, that was a pic of the girl thats charging JA over having sex with a broken condom?
that condom was scared straight....

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

You are coming to this conclusion because of Iran? Many of us still think that Iran does not have peaceful intentions so I hardly think that's the smoking gun to prove it was all created for propaganda purposes.

Now, as far as 9/11 -- that would definitely be listed as classified. Therefore, not included.
Israel I would imagine enjoys "top secret" classified ranking on everything, so nothing there either.

Keep in mind -- these cables were listed as secret, NOT classified, not top secret, etc.

There is a TON of information left out of these cables, so how one can come to the conclusion that because Iran is mentioned (and given the number of countries concerned about their intentions it doesn't surprise it wasn't listed as classified) and 9/11 wasn't somehow makes them fake is beyond me. But I would be interested if anyone can show proof (i.e. blatant fabrications proven to be incorrect) that these cables are all forgeries.

As far as Assange, I have a feeling that there is going to be a Bilderberg / Rockefeller etc. connection made one of these days. Again, doesn't mean that the US government is behind the leak. It would mean that Assange had made the necessary connections to know WHERE to look for the information he wanted. When you are trying to have someone steal information for you, you have to know where it is. You can't just hunt and peck and hope to find something. There are trails for everytime that information is accessed. So you have to get what you want on the first shot. Assange could have as easily been using them. At this point, I don't think we have enough proof of who is controlling whom.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join