It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

V's back, Jan 4th...just hope it hasn't been too long...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I'm not sure what's up with these long hiatus' lately, or maybe it just seems they are longer, but I really hope they don't end up hurting decent shows...

I'm happy to see this one return, and can't wait to see what happens.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I used to watch the original series whan it came out. I haven't seen much of this new series, but I would love to start watching again. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
First series was awsome, does anyone know what the red sky at the end was all about?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by lilsmurf

Nope, but guess we'll find out. If nothing else, would be a great psychological fear tactic, no? I mean, I don't know about you, but if a bunch of alien motherships showed up, and they could change the color of the sky, I'd be a bit more subdued...and feel more helpless.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Love this show,

Just on Ep9 now catching up as its been a while.

I just dont like that Tyler and i think his char is weak, They should have made her son some bad ass

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MagickWithoutTears

They are definitely patterning him after a similar role in the original mini-series....the young guy with dreams of glory, who gets caught up in the whole Visitor youth thing (Peace Ambassadors in this incarnation), and ends up turning in his parent "scientists" in the first incarnation.

Personally, I think this is one area (the silent crusade against scientists) where the new series should have gone but didn't. This is where the parallels to Nazi Germany came from in the original (besides the colors and insignia, which were close to Nazis...in the original).

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Oh goody! Can't wait, love this show! Guess I have about two weeks to get on my Netflix and watch all of the first V.

I was a teen in the 80s and must have been busy doing ten things, because I totally do not recall this show first time around!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Thanks for the info. I liked the old one. The remake is alright. I might actually turn on the TV to see it. Here's something funny but maybe unrelated. The woman that plays the mouthpiece for the V was on Medium as somebody that was connected to a murder. One part had her sitting in the police station being interviewed. She had a visitor's pass on. On the pass, there was a big red V. I really got a laugh out of that. I don't know if that was intentional or not but it sure is funny, since she's on V.

top topics

join