It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you prepared for an "EVENT"?!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by brokedown
Mike's video, way cool.

I wish I knew Mike as a friend, looks as he would be really fun to hang out with.

Read some of the other replies stating this is why American's should not own guns - to that I say GET THE H... OUT OF THIS COUNTRY PINK-O, Nobody is forcing you to stay! SO GOOD_BYE you Anti-American.
Remember this down south we have more than one gun in each house, I have 5, brother-in-law has 12, father-in-law has 32 , wife carrys one in her purse as does my daughter.

So leave your poor maners behind when you cross the Mason-Dixon line.

Mike- You are way COOL

DEY TOOK OUR JOBS! DURKER DURRRRRR

2nd.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ReinkDuser

Interesting video, s&f.

I'm not sure I'd like to depend entirely on a single vehicle to get me to a preselected safe spot. I think it would be better to join up with some friends and their families.

I'd also say it would be a good idea to make a short list of those items and supplies that would fit in three backpacks (given there are three people in your party) taking just the stuff you really think you'd need based on what type of "event" has happened.

This would be useful if the vehicle broke down. As is, I doubt a man, his wife and his kid could pack out on foot everything in his vehicle, so you'd want to select the most important items only. Maybe push the vehicle off the side of the path and camo it, so that maybe you could come back and pick up the rest of the gear later.

As usual, this all presupposes that you have an immediate need to bug out from your house that outweighs the benefits of staying in place, and that depends on what has happened.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Agreed. I'm sure the guy has contingency plans, etc. I do know that he has 2 4WD's. Although EMP would take care of that, however, I do remember him discussing the importance of protecting your devices and equipment from EMP.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Not very secure of him to be discussing that kind of detail with you. In order to really make it should some "event"
happen, secrecy is going to play a large part of any supply dump.
Unless you "and" he is of the mind that what he want he takes as long as he is doing it for "his" family. But what of the families that have a larger supply of food, or easy access to fuel, housing, or water without a lot of weapons?
This type of paranoid mindset seems too self-centered. If some "event"
did happen, and civilization as we know it was disrupted, this type of person would be the reason I would be armed.
That makes him truly something to be considered a threat, not a person to be admired.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

And what about his demeanor in the video makes you say what you say?! So, what you are saying is that any one person is not entitled to protect his family, or prepare for disaster?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I'm saying that you (and please give up the charade, Mike. It's you.) are heavily armed and ready to use them. If I was lightly armed and you came by and I had something you wanted, you would take it. At least you would try. Admit it.....it's the only reason to carry that much munitions. You will not be part of a fighting force against a common enemy (you don't seem the willing-to-take-orders type), you would be fighting for your family. I pity the people who, in trying to do the good and right thing, shares information about their store of supplies with someone like you, who is ready and able to take what they want because they have bigger guns.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

Charade? WTF are you smoking? My name's not Mike. Also, if that's your logic, to assume, then there is nothing logical about your statement, is there? Any factual information proving your so-called "logic" would be satisfactory, however, you have nothing but your opinion. There's NO logic whatsoever in your opinion, now is there?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Oh, and I am not smoking anything. You say you sent an email to the "head guy at SETI" signed "Michael Beckham. You use the same email on YouTube, as Patrioticspace. Patrioticspace is where all the videos you put here originated, the name of Patrioticspace is "Michael". You know me, I know you.
I don't understand why you are doing it this way, but it's been kind of fun to watch. Claim the work as your own. Why the ruse?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
If that guy is serious about surviving in the woods by hunting, then he better make sure he has weapons better suited to hunting small game and fowl. He's going to go through his ammunition in 1 winter if he's using that AK or SKS. If TSHTF, then he's going to have a limited supply of ammunition, and it's a waste of resources to be using 7.62x39 to take down a small game hen (not to mention messy).

He seems to be concerned about concealment. Well, nothing gives away your location faster than hunting for small game with a large caliber semi-automatic rifle. He needs a smaller caliber rifle to lessen his audio profile and for simple economic/resources reasons as well.

He needs to get a couple (if not 3 or more) .22 rifles (so 2 people can hunt at once, and back up in case 1 breaks - remember: your life depends on these rifles), stock up a LOT of .22 rounds inexpensively, and get a few shot guns in the 20 gauge range.

If the TSHTF, the big game could run out after a few years, and even so, most protein sources will come from small critters, not big ones. Hunting for survival with guns, in the long run, is a losing proposition anyways. He better have seeds, seeds, and more seeds.
edit on 3-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Spot on! We have just a .22 and a ???? shotgun, and a high-power air pistol. It will go through a fence board at close range, so should be able to stop a squirrel, rabbit, rat or whatever. It also helps to be careful around the wild....quiet, and still. They don't notice you usually if you are not moving, then your presence doesn't alarm them.. I know this from feeding the squirrels and birds. I could have squirrel for dinner any night, they come to me when I go outside.
Going along with your advise, and being more than a little silly, I think this is hilarious.
How to Hunt Deer with a Howitzer
I'm not a hunter, but would if needed, no problem. I also know this is done tongue-in-cheek, so no PETA-like comments, please.
This would have the same effect as using a machine gun on anything in the woods, too. But at least there would be only one sound and not hundreds.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join